Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: [0.97a] Supply Forging 1.5a  (Read 144815 times)

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
[0.97a] Supply Forging 1.5a
« on: December 22, 2019, 10:33:59 PM »

For those who hate metal.
Compatible with all known mods.
Integrated with
Version Checker.
Can be added to existing games.
Can be removed from games in which it was already used.
Simple as.

Don't you just hate how there's so many metal that carrying excess metal is literally making you lose credit? Supply Forging gives you the option to convert these junk into supply.
It converts metal and heavy machinery to supply.
This process can be better by carrying civilian ships and ships with salvage gantry bonuses (including modded hullmod that incorporate salvage gantry)

Frequent Questions
How exactly is the conversion ratio (fuel per unit of supplies) calculated?
(base-metal-value + base-heavy-machinery value) / base-supply-value = metal/heavymachinery per supply
This works even if the base value of metal, heavy machinery, or supplies has been modified.
[close]
What options does this mod provide?
You can edit settings.json to change a few things relevant to the mod, including conversion ratios, the price and efficiency of fuel, and the sensor profile penalty while forging supplies. In fact, you can even add new commodities to make it consume more than just metal and heavy machinery! Check out in the setting.json for a lot more advice!
Here's one user's setting.json
https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.msg429181#msg429181
Changing the version from 0.96 to 0.97 seems to work fine from what I've tested.   

Here's what my settings.json file looks like. In case anybody wants supply production that costs food and is a little bit faster.   

Code
"SF_MetalConversionRate": 4.0, #This equates to 3 Supplies!
"SF_MetalCost":100,
"SF_HeavyMachineryCost":4,
#Just don't set those two above to zero or less. Because... you can't really set it to zero without the whole thing bamming and crashing.

#These determine how civilian ships are increasing the bonus of your supply forging, civilian frigate provide +5%!
"SF_Frigate":0.05,
"SF_Destroyer":0.10,
"SF_Cruiser":0.15,
"SF_Capital":0.20,

"SF_Input":true, # Should the modifier affect the input? (Metal and Heavy Machinery Cost)
"SF_Output":true, # Should the modifier affect the output? (Supply)

"SupplyForgingSensorProfileIncreasePercent": 100,

#UseExtraCommodities can either be set from 0-whateverasmuchasyoulike. If it's, 0 it will not detect any extra commodity to convert.
"UseExtraCommodities": 1,

#Here's a list of all the commodities: organics,volatiles,ore,rare_ore,rare_metals,domestic_goods,organs,drugs,hand_weapons,luxury_goods,lobster,alpha_core,beta_core,gamma_core
"ExtraCommodities0":"food",
"ExtraCommodities1":"organics",

#ExtraCommodities0, ExtraCommodities1, ExtraCommodities2, ExtraCommodities3, ExtraCommodities4 must then have text string that make sense or else it'll CTD!

#The cost should be more than zero
"ExtraCommoditiesCost0":4,
"ExtraCommoditiesCost1":3,

#Not to mention you need to also put a corresponding Cost as well like ExtraCommoditiesCost2, and so on.

#"SF_CorruptedMetal":0.10, UNUSED
#"SF_PristineMetal":0.30, UNUSED
#"SF_SalvageGantry":0.40, UNUSED
#This is like the modifier that messes with the... bonus modifiers.
}

TL;DR: Uses 100 metal, 4 heavy machinery and 4 food to produce 12 supply per day. This is about 3600 credits worth of products used to create 1200 credits worth of supplies. I think these are reasonable numbers. A lategame fleet with 8 civilian capitals can produce about 30 supplies per day.
[close]
Why don't I see the "Supply Forge" ability after adding the mod?
If you added Supply Forge to an existing game, it won't be assigned to your toolbar yet.
You may need to assign it manually by right-clicking the ability toolbar.
[close]
[close]
Credits
@Sundog - Totally did not base the entire mod on Fuel Siphoning.
@isaacssv552 - Nanoforges Idea
@Wispborne - Some based stuff for Version 1.1
@PizzaPolice - Tested stuff. This ability was originally going to convert transplutonics and metal into supplies, but he gave me a better idea.
[close]
[close]

theville

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Supply Forging 1.0
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 12:33:01 AM »

wow! now i don't have to worry about carrying huge load of metals for nothing!

Oblivion

• Ensign
  • Breaking careful game balance since 1999.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 05:21:50 AM »

Rather weird considering supplies also consist of rations, clothing and such. Breakfast? Metal. Yum!
<Nada>

Beep Boop

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2019, 05:52:54 AM »

Probably isn't significantly rations for people, because your supply usage doesn't change with your crew levels, and food is already a thing that is in the game. Although maybe organics should be salvaged as loot as well and then the process can use organics.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2019, 08:40:17 AM »

Rather weird considering supplies also consist of rations, clothing and such. Breakfast? Metal. Yum!

That's what the nanoforge is for.  ;)

greyxenon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2020, 01:08:31 PM »

Great idea

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2020, 03:27:59 AM »

Congratulations. I don't know if you read my thoughts or it was because I posted somewhere about it. Now I won't have to keep doing mirabolate accounts every time I want to turn metal into supplies using the console commander. kkkkkkkk.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Supply Forging 1.1
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2020, 05:22:22 PM »

Changelog 1.1:

• Added new variable in setting.json: "SF_MetalConversionRate", "UseExtraCommodities", "ExtraCommodities#", and "ExtraCommoditiesCost#".
  • Forces the Supply Forge to consume other commodities to produce supplies if you edited in the setting.json.
  • - By default, Supply Forging still cost the same metal and heavy machinery but now you can add new commodities for you more hardcore players!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2020, 05:41:22 PM by Techpriest »

majorfreak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2020, 06:53:16 PM »

w00t! now i can download the new version, guilt free, in the assumption i'll remember to add organics! muahaha

Sheluna

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2020, 05:54:12 AM »

Yep. We're repairing damaged ships with sandwiches and hams. Just stuck them in the holes and the hull will be all new and ready to go !
Supplies aren't food. They never have been. Otherwise, why would there be "food" items as well, uh ? Supplies are the important supplies needed to maintain your fleet's vessels. Thus, this mod makes sense.

hkmist

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2020, 01:11:39 PM »

Thanks for your mod.

And some idea on the mod.
Is it possible to add a Hull mod requirement to make it possible to use the forging command? Maybe doing thing like add up total number of ships have that hull mod to increase the total output. It will be great to see those mod industry ship doing industrious thing :P

Apogee_Freak

• Lieutenant
  • Are you hiding the blueprints under your farms?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2020, 07:56:38 PM »

Great mod, it's an excellent companion to Fuel Siphoning.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Supply Forging 1.2
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2020, 09:50:37 PM »

Changelog 1.2:

• Nanoforges no longer does a one-time increase to your supply forging but at a linear rate of +5% per corrupted and +15% per pristine (from +50% and +100%). This bonus is capped at the # of ships you have in your fleet.
Save-game compatible.

KyousukeAzai

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2020, 11:44:10 AM »

Have to admit, the new update caught me a bit off guard, I have increased fleet size up to 60 ships and at the time of the update had 53 nanoforges on board. 17 of which were pristine, suddenly not only did I not use supplies, but was producing a very nice surplus.

Iris Vin

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2020, 04:01:43 AM »

Have to admit, the new update caught me a bit off guard, I have increased fleet size up to 60 ships and at the time of the update had 53 nanoforges on board. 17 of which were pristine, suddenly not only did I not use supplies, but was producing a very nice surplus.

Are you somehow using nanoforges to manufacture nanoforges? I've logged about 40 hours this run and I have 2 pristines.

Also thanks Techpriest!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6