Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: [0.95a] Hullmod Specialization 1.19  (Read 19338 times)

Kenshkrix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
[0.95a] Hullmod Specialization 1.19
« on: December 22, 2019, 05:41:20 PM »

Download Here

Changelog
1.19:
Added Tuned Beam Arrays, which increase beam flux efficiency at the cost of range (PD beams unaffected by range decrease).

1.18:
Eldritch Flux Coil no longer attempts to sacrifice crew if the ship it's installed on isn't in the fleet.

1.17:
Added invisible hullmod which re-adds Scaffolding if there are insufficient Ordnance Points available when it is removed.

1.16:
Added burn modifier to External Cargo Container as originally intended.

1.15:
Added External Cargo Container
Added Patroller Refit
Updated tooltips

1.14:
Added Weapon Calibration Mods:
Added Realigned Thrusters
Renamed shield mods
Minor changes

1.13:
Added Exotic Crystalline Lenses
Added Gauss Coils
Added Integrated Magazines
Added Tuned Sensors
Added Manufacturer tags
Increased flux network inversion to 66% from 50%.
Modified flux capacitor cost to more closely relate to capacitor/vent net change
Increased missile reloader's delay to 25-30 seconds from 15-25 seconds.

1.12:
Added a prefix to hullmod to support future compatibility, minor balance changes.
1.11:
Added Eldritch Flux Coil

1.1:
Updated to 0.95a-RC15

Fixed some tooltips, expanded some tooltips
Added Overextended Shields and Scaffolding
Increased several OP costs
[close]

This mod adds a set of hullmods that allow for further specialization of ships and fleets towards certain goals.

List of Hullmods:
  • Comm Relay Hullmod - Obtains 4 pieces of intel every 3 days from anywhere. Must be mounted on a Cruiser or Capital ship, reduces armor and ship speed. Takes up a logistics slot.
  • Eldritch Flux Coil - Increases flux capacity by 2000, flux dissipation by 200, and adds 5% hard flux dissipation. It only functions when there is exactly one installed in the fleet and it devours a crew member every few days.
  • Exotic Ammunition - Increases projectile speed and ballistic damage. Takes up a logistics slot.
  • Exotic Armor - Increases armor and manueverability. Decreases hull. Takes up a logistics slot.
  • Exotic Crystalline Lenses - Increases beam damage by 20%, beam flux cost by 10%, and reduces beam range by 10%
  • Exotic Engines - Flat bonus to speed regardless of ship size. Takes up a logistics slots.
  • Flux Capacitor - Increases flux capacity. Decreases flux dissipation rate.
  • Flux Funnel - Adds a small amount of hard flux dissipation
  • Flux Network - Increases flux dissipation. If flux goes above 2/3 (66%) it begins generating hard flux.
  • Gauss Coils - Increases ballistic flux cost by 15%, and increases ballistic rate of fire by 20%.
  • Heavy Bulkheads - Slightly increases armor, increases hull, decreases maneuverability.
  • Integrated Magazines - Increases ballistic and energy weapon ammo capacity by 50%, but reduces hull integrity by 10%
  • Missile Reloader - Slowly reloads missile weapons, reloads 1/4th max capacity at a time (minimum 1).
  • Realigned Thrusters - Increases ship maneuverability at the cost of maximum speed.
  • Scaffolding - Adds 100 OP, reduces speed, manueverability, and burn speed to 0. (To allow for things like building in a hullmod without uninstalling/reinstalling a bunch of stuff).
  • Shield Calibration (Arc) - Increases shield arc, increases damage taken by shields and reduces shield speed.
  • Shield Calibration (Reinforcement) - Decreases flux to damage ratio (improving damage resistance), increases shield upkeep cost.
  • Shield Calibration (Speed) - Increases shield turning and unfolding rate substantially, reduces shield arc.
  • Silent Engine Assembly - Reinforces engines and hull, heavily reduces sensor profile. Reduces max burn rate. Takes up a logistics slot.
  • Specialized Engines - Dramatically improves max burn rate, reduces maneuverability. Halves armor. Takes up a logistics slot.
  • Superior Turret Gyros - Increases turret speed by 125%. Reduces armor.
  • Tuned Sensors - Increases combat vison by 50%, increases sensor strength by 40
  • Weapon Calibration (Ballistic Damage) - Increases ballistic weapon damage and flux cost, reduces range and rate of fire.
  • Weapon Calibration (Ballistic Flux) - Decreases ballistic weapon flux cost, damage, range, and rate of fire.
  • Weapon Calibration (Ballistic Range) - Increases ballistic weapon range and flux cost, decreases damage and rate of fire.
  • Weapon Calibration (Ballistic ROF) - Increases ballistic weapon rate of fire and flux cost, decreases damage and range.
  • Weapon Calibration (Energy Damage) - Increases energy weapon damage and flux cost, reduces range and rate of fire.
  • Weapon Calibration (Energy Flux) - Decreases energy  weapon flux cost, damage, range, and rate of fire.
  • Weapon Calibration (Energy Range) - Increases energy  weapon range and flux cost, decreases damage and rate of fire.
  • Weapon Calibration (Energy ROF) - Increases energy weapon rate of fire and flux cost, decreases damage and range.
New:
  • External Cargo Container - Increases cargo capacity while reducing speed, maneuverability, and armor.
  • Patroller Refit - Increases max burn, max speed, sensor strength, and sensor profile, reduces maneuverability.
Even Newer:
  • Tuned Beam Arrays - Increase beam flux efficiency at the cost of range (PD Beams unaffected by range loss).
« Last Edit: July 07, 2021, 08:30:09 PM by Kenshkrix »

MeinGott

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hullmod Specialization
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2019, 01:40:46 PM »

I like it!

I have an issue with missile reloader. It gives huge buff to powerfull, single missiles like reaper torpedo but is not so usefull anymore with missile systems that house - lets say - 200 ammo and fire volleys of 20. Perhaps reload batch could be based on salvo size?

Kenshkrix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2019, 06:43:57 PM »

Currently it just creates a single interval timer that runs over every missile weapon, if I wanted it based on each weapon I'd need to make a new timer for each missile weapon.
Shouldn't be too hard, but it might have an impact on performance if you dump one on every ship and they all have multiple missile weapons.
I'll look into trying that when I get some free time.

I guess alternatively I could make it inherently slower based on how many different missile weapons you have, or make it work based on a % of max ammo.

MeinGott

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2019, 11:09:27 AM »

I would propose something like this:

Code
(...)

if (data.interval.intervalElapsed()) {
for (WeaponAPI w : ship.getAllWeapons()) {
if (w.getType() != WeaponType.MISSILE) continue;

if (w.usesAmmo() && w.getAmmo() <= w.getMaxAmmo() - w.getBurstSize()) {
w.setAmmo(w.getAmmo() + w.getBurstSize());
}
}
}

but getBurstSize() is part of WeaponSpecAPI, not WeaponAPI, and I am too unknowledgeable in object-oriented programming to solve this  :-X

Also, if you shoot missile just a moment before the script checks for ammo, it will replenish it instantenously.

Sorry for regarding only this module, but this is the one im most interested in :)

Kenshkrix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2019, 06:58:49 PM »

but getBurstSize() is part of WeaponSpecAPI, not WeaponAPI, and I am too unknowledgeable in object-oriented programming to solve this  :-X
I decided to use a fraction of max ammo, since some weapons may have a high burst but low capacity and would be a bit unbalanced if it was 100% reload at a time.

Also, if you shoot missile just a moment before the script checks for ammo, it will replenish it instantenously.
Hmm, I suppose I could use lower intervals and check to see if the player has less than max ammo before starting the reload timer, this would also allow me to dynamically alter the timers for single missile weapons, but I'll have to look into that later.

Anyways if you have any ideas for other hullmods you'd like to see let me know.

Asmodium

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2020, 03:10:09 AM »

I'd like a ship mod for communications that way you never get left out of the loop while doing exploration

Kenshkrix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2020, 03:59:25 PM »

I'd like a ship mod for communications that way you never get left out of the loop while doing exploration
Added a Comm Relay hullmod, it will obtain a few pieces of information every few days but must be mounted on a large ship and significantly reduces its capabilities in combat.

Archaeon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 05:42:30 AM »

Hullmod Expansion returns . . . . .

In seriousness i'm already quite liking the way these hullmods are going, and using Logistics Slots to balance out the stronger hullmods is a good, if haphazard way to balance the mods out. The Comm Relay hullmod seems rather odd for a modular however, seems like the perfect kind of Hullmod for a specialized Communications/Sensor Cruiser however. Still, Im looking forward to future updates of this.

Chairman Suryasari

• Captain
  • The Deployer of John Lennon's.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2020, 09:15:30 PM »

Finally! Thanks for making the rebalanced version of this gold mine!
"Kids under 13 shouldn't have access to the internet. if 10yo me were on tumblr and read about suicide and depression 5 hours a day, every day, god knows i would jump off a bridge if my parents ever yell at me."

-Some random Youtube comment on video about Sonic OC.

jeffg10

• Ensign
  • Cheesus Crust
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2020, 04:21:03 PM »

Does the missile re-loader reload 1/4 of the max missile capacity or 1/4 of the total missile capacity? eg. does expanded missile racks give you any synergy advantage in this department by doubling how much it reloads at a time (by virtue of doubling the max capacity of the missiles)
"Someone else might have wept or screamed in frustration or even given up right there and perished. But I didn't have the right to do any of those things, not while my people were in danger. Like it or not, I would have to explore this harsh world on my own."

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2020, 05:49:23 PM »

Ideas:

Beam Overcharger - Small size.  Increases energy weapon range & damage by 25%, doubles flux cost.

Police Upgrade - Small size.  Increases burn by 1, tactical speed by 10% and sensor strength by 75.  Doubles signature profile of the ship using it.

Smuggler Upgrade - Small size.  Reduces burn by 2, reduces ship signature by 90%.

Crew Armory - Small size.  Allows ship crew to act as 1/2 strength marines in appropriate situations.

Phasing Crystals - Small size.  10% of beam damage bypasses enemy shields unless they are Hardened.  Range drops by 25% and flux cost goes up 25%.

LF-EM Generator - Medium sized.  Messes with positronic brains, reducing enemy weapon range and speed by 25% each.  Only affects AI controlled ships (Probes, Remnant, and any other ships with zero crew requirement).

EM Masking System - Small size.  Removes ship from in-game calculations of fleet size when determining whether it is possible to simply avoid/flee a battle or not.

Holographic Projector - Small size.  Makes a ship count as double when in-game enemies are deciding whether to shadow, pursue or flee from your fleet.

Sloped Armor - Medium sized.  Increases armor deflection rating by 20% (95% is still the limit, of course).

Nanotech Armor - Medium sized.  Rare blueprint discovery required.  Ship armor heals itself 1 point per second and fully heals 100% at the end of a battle at no supply cost.  Massive power requirements reduce ship burn by 1 and tactical speed by 10%.  Doesn't work on hull (too complicated for nanites to figure out).

Warp Overdriver - Medium sized.  Burn automatically set to 10, regardless of ship size and overriding all other burn penalties.  Supply cost increases 10% and fuel cost increases 25%.

Flux-sink Armor - Very small size.  Maximum flux is increased by ship's armor rating (and goes down as armor is damaged).  Supply cost for CR recover from damage increased by 25%. 

AI Targeting System - Small size.  Rare blueprint discovery required.  All non-missile weapons get +25% leading accuracy, +20% to velocity and +10% to ROF.  This hullmod is considered an AI, however, and thus any ship using the mod will be flagged as illegal by any faction that forbids AI (i.e. everyone except TriTachyon) and immediately attacked when scanned by system authorities.

Short-wave Scrambler - Small size.  Any guided missiles targeting the ship have a base 50% chance to lose guidance when they come within 750m.  Countered by ECCM and doesn't take up weapon slots.  Unguided missiles can still hit, of course, especially if they're fast and you're slow.

Special Systems Booster - Medium sized.  Increases recharge rate of whatever special, ship-specific mod is present (phase skimmer, afterburners, high energy focus, etc) by 100%.  Permanently reduces maximum flux by 500/1000/1500/2000.

Tactical Scanners - Very small, used only in tactical combat.  Triples FOW removal range in a 60 degree cone from the front of the ship.

Bypass Module - Very small, used only in tactical combat.  Capture points now taken in only 1/3rd the normal time.

Fighter Ops Center - Medium sized, doubles OP cost of all fighters but also doubles their range and increases their speed, manueverability and leading accuracy by 10%.

Orca Refinery System - Massive size, converts ten units of ore into ten units of refined metals per day.

Nomad Refinery System - Massive size, converts ten units of gas into ten units of fuel per day.

Bedouin Autofactory - Massive size, converts five units of organics into five units of supplies per day.

Medical Bay - Medium size, reduces all crew and marines losses by 25% in all situations.

Hospital Module - Massive size, Medium sized, reduces all crew and marines losses by 50% in all situations.

External Cargo Pods - Large size, Increases cargo capacity by 50%, reduces burn by 2.

Cloaking Device - Rare blueprint discovery required.  Small size, reduces sensor range by 20%, burn by 1 and signature by 100% when "going dark" is active.  Does not count towards ship limit when determining if fleet can avoid battle or not (same as holographic mask).  If all ships in a fleet are carrying this while "going dark" is active then ID cannot be determined by enemy patrols (no rep loss for transponder or contraband - dialog is bypassed, skips straight to "leave").

AI Hivemind - Rare blueprint discovery required.  Medium size.  Illegal in the same way as AI Targeting System.  Only affects drone fighters.  For every ship equipped with this in tactical combat, all drone fighters have their range, speed, target leading and damage increased by 5% (up to 100%).

Military Reconfiguration - Negative OP cost.  Ship loses 80% of cargo capacity and gains 1 OP per 10 space sacrificed.  Requires "militarized subsystems" as a prerequisite.  CR recovery cost from combat also increases by 10%.

Luxury Berths - Medium size.  Reduces crew, marine and officer monthly expense by 25%.

Recycling System - Medium size.  Reduces monthly supply cost by 25%.

C-Extender - Small size.  Reduces burn by 2, tactical speed by 10% and fuel costs by 35%.  Incompatible with other burn speed affecting hullmods.

Interceptor Package - Small size.  In tactical combat, speed is increased by 25% and CR decay rate by 50%.  Does not affect maneuverability.

Backup Systems - Small size.  Increases CR recovery speed from combat by 50% and minimum crew by 20%.  Does not effect supply cost (still costs as much as normal, it just happens faster).  Does not effect actual battle damage.  In combat reduces time to get offline systems back online by 10%, similar to "damage control" (but not as good).

Comms Hacker - Small size.  Hacks into enemy comm systems and plays "Flight of the Valkyries" as you engage them, doubling their morale loss whenever that particular ship scores a kill and thus increasing the odds that enemies will flee combat when damaged or outnumbered.  (<-- I know this is just silly but I couldn't resist adding it in there)

jeffg10

• Ensign
  • Cheesus Crust
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2020, 02:43:56 PM »

Spoiler
Ideas:

Beam Overcharger - Small size.  Increases energy weapon range & damage by 25%, doubles flux cost.

Police Upgrade - Small size.  Increases burn by 1, tactical speed by 10% and sensor strength by 75.  Doubles signature profile of the ship using it.

Smuggler Upgrade - Small size.  Reduces burn by 2, reduces ship signature by 90%.

Crew Armory - Small size.  Allows ship crew to act as 1/2 strength marines in appropriate situations.

Phasing Crystals - Small size.  10% of beam damage bypasses enemy shields unless they are Hardened.  Range drops by 25% and flux cost goes up 25%.

LF-EM Generator - Medium sized.  Messes with positronic brains, reducing enemy weapon range and speed by 25% each.  Only affects AI controlled ships (Probes, Remnant, and any other ships with zero crew requirement).

EM Masking System - Small size.  Removes ship from in-game calculations of fleet size when determining whether it is possible to simply avoid/flee a battle or not.

Holographic Projector - Small size.  Makes a ship count as double when in-game enemies are deciding whether to shadow, pursue or flee from your fleet.

Sloped Armor - Medium sized.  Increases armor deflection rating by 20% (95% is still the limit, of course).

Nanotech Armor - Medium sized.  Rare blueprint discovery required.  Ship armor heals itself 1 point per second and fully heals 100% at the end of a battle at no supply cost.  Massive power requirements reduce ship burn by 1 and tactical speed by 10%.  Doesn't work on hull (too complicated for nanites to figure out).

Warp Overdriver - Medium sized.  Burn automatically set to 10, regardless of ship size and overriding all other burn penalties.  Supply cost increases 10% and fuel cost increases 25%.

Flux-sink Armor - Very small size.  Maximum flux is increased by ship's armor rating (and goes down as armor is damaged).  Supply cost for CR recover from damage increased by 25%. 

AI Targeting System - Small size.  Rare blueprint discovery required.  All non-missile weapons get +25% leading accuracy, +20% to velocity and +10% to ROF.  This hullmod is considered an AI, however, and thus any ship using the mod will be flagged as illegal by any faction that forbids AI (i.e. everyone except TriTachyon) and immediately attacked when scanned by system authorities.

Short-wave Scrambler - Small size.  Any guided missiles targeting the ship have a base 50% chance to lose guidance when they come within 750m.  Countered by ECCM and doesn't take up weapon slots.  Unguided missiles can still hit, of course, especially if they're fast and you're slow.

Special Systems Booster - Medium sized.  Increases recharge rate of whatever special, ship-specific mod is present (phase skimmer, afterburners, high energy focus, etc) by 100%.  Permanently reduces maximum flux by 500/1000/1500/2000.

Tactical Scanners - Very small, used only in tactical combat.  Triples FOW removal range in a 60 degree cone from the front of the ship.

Bypass Module - Very small, used only in tactical combat.  Capture points now taken in only 1/3rd the normal time.

Fighter Ops Center - Medium sized, doubles OP cost of all fighters but also doubles their range and increases their speed, manueverability and leading accuracy by 10%.

Orca Refinery System - Massive size, converts ten units of ore into ten units of refined metals per day.

Nomad Refinery System - Massive size, converts ten units of gas into ten units of fuel per day.

Bedouin Autofactory - Massive size, converts five units of organics into five units of supplies per day.

Medical Bay - Medium size, reduces all crew and marines losses by 25% in all situations.

Hospital Module - Massive size, Medium sized, reduces all crew and marines losses by 50% in all situations.

External Cargo Pods - Large size, Increases cargo capacity by 50%, reduces burn by 2.

Cloaking Device - Rare blueprint discovery required.  Small size, reduces sensor range by 20%, burn by 1 and signature by 100% when "going dark" is active.  Does not count towards ship limit when determining if fleet can avoid battle or not (same as holographic mask).  If all ships in a fleet are carrying this while "going dark" is active then ID cannot be determined by enemy patrols (no rep loss for transponder or contraband - dialog is bypassed, skips straight to "leave").

AI Hivemind - Rare blueprint discovery required.  Medium size.  Illegal in the same way as AI Targeting System.  Only affects drone fighters.  For every ship equipped with this in tactical combat, all drone fighters have their range, speed, target leading and damage increased by 5% (up to 100%).

Military Reconfiguration - Negative OP cost.  Ship loses 80% of cargo capacity and gains 1 OP per 10 space sacrificed.  Requires "militarized subsystems" as a prerequisite.  CR recovery cost from combat also increases by 10%.

Luxury Berths - Medium size.  Reduces crew, marine and officer monthly expense by 25%.

Recycling System - Medium size.  Reduces monthly supply cost by 25%.

C-Extender - Small size.  Reduces burn by 2, tactical speed by 10% and fuel costs by 35%.  Incompatible with other burn speed affecting hullmods.

Interceptor Package - Small size.  In tactical combat, speed is increased by 25% and CR decay rate by 50%.  Does not affect maneuverability.

Backup Systems - Small size.  Increases CR recovery speed from combat by 50% and minimum crew by 20%.  Does not effect supply cost (still costs as much as normal, it just happens faster).  Does not effect actual battle damage.  In combat reduces time to get offline systems back online by 10%, similar to "damage control" (but not as good).

Comms Hacker - Small size.  Hacks into enemy comm systems and plays "Flight of the Valkyries" as you engage them, doubling their morale loss whenever that particular ship scores a kill and thus increasing the odds that enemies will flee combat when damaged or outnumbered.  (<-- I know this is just silly but I couldn't resist adding it in there)
[close]
Would you mind if i adopted / adapted some of these for my own mod too if i where to create one Nep?
"Someone else might have wept or screamed in frustration or even given up right there and perished. But I didn't have the right to do any of those things, not while my people were in danger. Like it or not, I would have to explore this harsh world on my own."

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2020, 05:47:35 PM »

That was kind of my goal, so yes, please do.

Kenshkrix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2020, 07:35:31 AM »

Does the missile re-loader reload 1/4 of the max missile capacity or 1/4 of the total missile capacity? eg. does expanded missile racks give you any synergy advantage in this department by doubling how much it reloads at a time (by virtue of doubling the max capacity of the missiles)
It's based on the actual ammo count, so expanded missile racks synergizes well with it, yes.

Ideas:
These look pretty neat, I'll look into implementing some of them when I get some free time.

esciron

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2020, 01:39:14 PM »

Can i add this to an ongoing game without breaking my save?
Pages: [1] 2 3