Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Colony in red beacon system with tri-tachyon commission in Nex?  (Read 1583 times)

Lolpingu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Colony in red beacon system with tri-tachyon commission in Nex?
« on: December 09, 2019, 05:37:38 AM »

So apparently a Tri-Tachyon commission makes Remnant neutral in Nexerelin. This is pretty convenient since I can just waltz into red beacon systems, scavenge around and bug out before anyone changes their mind, but sometimes beacon systems have habitable worlds. I wonder, if I set up a colony there, keep a hold of my Tri-Tach commission and refrain from fighting the remnant, will the remnant attack my faction, or will my faction have my immunity? And if so, does that mean that red beacon systems are the best colony spots ever, since you'll be protected from virtually any invasion by an endless swarm of remnant fleets?

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Colony in red beacon system with tri-tachyon commission in Nex?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 08:02:26 AM »

No, I think I've tried that before, its worth it... if you can kill all of the remnants. They will all turn hostile if you colonize so be careful.
Hello!

Lolpingu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 08:41:29 AM »

No, I think I've tried that before, its worth it... if you can kill all of the remnants. They will all turn hostile if you colonize so be careful.

Damn! That is such a shame! Do you suppose this can be fixed with some basic text editing?

It would be hilarious to be targeted by an AI inspection. Oh, they'll find plenty of AI...  ;D

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 12:39:35 PM »

I think the remnant presence only has an effect as long as you are within the system.

TSC adds a system called Beta Omega, with a planet Nauvis that has a particular bonus to it. The thing about Beta Omega is, well, that it has 6 Remnant Nexus structures merrily floating around its central red dwarf, all merrily puking out ordo after ordo of Remnant fleets. If you poke your head in through the fringe jump point, you are instantly greeted by at least 3-4 ordos and at least 2 sub-ordos for warm, lovely hugs.

Despites all that, I colonized Nauvis. Now, for the most part, when I'm away, it seems like the colony is running smoothly. When I am in the system, however, it seems like the shipments go lost, probably due to them actually being processed as fleets in realtime when I am present, and not, when I am away. There are no battlestations or patrol HQ building there, but I pop into the system when I feel like fighting hordes of remnants to get some of those sweet, sweet alpha cores.

This is with Nex and a bunch of other mods, doe

PyroFuzz

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 07:21:12 AM »

Oh wow wait, farming remnant ordos from battlestations? Now i'm curious.  :o
Hello!

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 01:06:18 PM »

The Nexus buildings spawn remnant ordos and sub-ordos. If you (or anyone else) destroy the nexus, no more spawns. So, generally, you probably want to keep at least one nexus alive so you can farm the remnants for their weapons, AI cores, etc.

In the example above, I avoided building patrol HQ or battlestations so that there would be nothing else but me killing the remnants in the system.