Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: am I the only one who never buys ships?  (Read 2851 times)

DatonKallandor

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: am I the only one who never buys ships?
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2019, 02:07:38 PM »

At the point where you can make pristine ships you've won the game and nothing matters anymore anyway (and hey, if you can make infinite pristine ships, your combat stats don't matter anyway because you can just make more ships and throw them at the target). Plus Industry also gets you to that point faster too with salvaging bonuses.

And you can't get the CR per Deploy reduction in any other tree, so industry will let you keep fighting multiple fights longer than other builds will.

Plantissue

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2019, 07:57:15 AM »

There are only 2 of D-mod related skillsets to the Industry skill. When you get to the point when you have a solid oncome, then all non-combat related skills, don't matter and nothing matters much anyways in particular. All colony related skills for instance don't matter much once you reach that point, yet they are regarded as essential for most people. There are 52 skills. There are space for those skills if you want them. If the skills help you reach that point more comfortably, then they were useful.

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2019, 10:49:22 AM »

I mean, the game doesn't give you any goals to achieve or requirements, so everyone judges skills in the context of whatever goal they have imposed for themselves.

I tend to try and make the most powerful combat fleet and have the most money. If your goal is maximum combat power (usually measure by fighting multiple big ordo's 3+ radiants at a time), then combat skills do a lot more than industry skills. If your goal is to make as much money as possible, then colony skills do a lot more than industry skills. I think those are pretty common goals for a lot of players so there's a bias towards those skills. If your goal is to make it through early/mid game as easily as possible, then industry skills are great. I think people who play with mods like Nexerelin also probably have different skill preferences because there is a lot more of an 'end game' there.
Pages: 1 [2]