Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: [0.9.1a] Galaxy Tigers faction (v1.4.4) - Not The End Yet  (Read 81149 times)

KnightOfTigers

• Ensign
  • The Tiger lover
    • View Profile

I'm running the latest version from the mod

the mod alone works perfectly well but its only when i use a crap ton things go south
but I guess this is to be expected when i run a lot of things together lol

This might be the cause. Just in case, I'm still going to take a look to see if something is wrong.

Edit : Were you hostile to GT when this issue happened?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 11:08:17 AM by KnightOfTigers »

hollow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

no i wasent hostie to them

KnightOfTigers

• Ensign
  • The Tiger lover
    • View Profile

no i wasent hostie to them

Okay I may have my hands down the problem, a simple problem with their hostile theme. I tried reproducing the error you got and I managed to do so when I was hostile to them, so that's why I asked if you were hostile to them in your 85-mods save. I'll upload a patch soon.

hollow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

oh i guess being suspicious with them is enough to cause the glitch to happen
it fixed itself when i improved my standing with them so you are right

KnightOfTigers

• Ensign
  • The Tiger lover
    • View Profile
[0.9.1a] Galaxy Tigers faction (v1.4.3) - More fixes
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2020, 12:14:03 PM »

Update 1.4.3!

Save compatible if you updated to 1.3.0 before.

Changelog :
- Made the mod much lighter in terms of download size
- Fixed a crash that would occur if you docked to a GT market when hostile to them

Reminder :
If you haven't updated to v1.4.0 when you download v1.4.3, the Tigris star system got some new balancing. While it doesn't break saves, the balancing will not be applied on your current save. You can either begin a new save, or go to each of Tigris' planets and run the following commands using Console Commands (you can simply copy and paste them).
- On each planet that have a waystation : removeindustry waystation
- On Gassus : removecondition low_gravity;addcondition high_gravity;removeindustry highcommand;removeindustry starfortress_mid;addindustry patrolhq;addindustry battlestation_mid
- On Tergess : removecondition ore_moderate;addcondition ore_sparse
- On Assekia : removeindustry fuelprod
- On Enkluss : removeindustry orbitalworks;removeindustry starfortress_high;addindustry orbitalworks;addindustry battlestation_high
- On Kelmine : removeindustry starfortress_mid;addindustry orbitalstation_mid
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 01:39:20 PM by KnightOfTigers »

hollow

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Galaxy Tigers faction (v1.4.3) - More fixes
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2020, 03:51:49 PM »

another question did you make the barn and hawkeye designs??

I remember them looking different

connortron7

• Captain
  • "God has cursed me for my hubris" - brian gilbert
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2020, 08:51:07 PM »

another question did you make the barn and hawkeye designs??

I remember them looking different
I made them actually, aswell as a few others, I took out the derelict ships from anvil industries and gave them to knight, then they edited with them to fit GT better
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 09:07:53 PM by connortron7 »

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 04, 2020, 04:22:34 AM »

Hello, I have a repeatable crash I believe may be related to using a ship in your mod. I originally posted my issue in the forum for the combat chatter mod as I originally thought it was from there. This happens when I go into battle and include a Reinforcer (D) Class ship I picked up from salvage recently. I restarted the fight with it not in the mix and no crash. I saved, started another fight with a Remnant fleet and I get the crash. So I beleive it may be an interaction issue between that ship class and a call to Histidine's mod. Here is a copy of the crash from my log:

225085 [Thread-8] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Cleaning up music with id [steel_rain.ogg]
225314 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Parameter specified as non-null is null: method org.lazywizard.lazylib.ui.LazyFont.createText, parameter text
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Parameter specified as non-null is null: method org.lazywizard.lazylib.ui.LazyFont.createText, parameter text
   at org.lazywizard.lazylib.ui.LazyFont.createText(LazyFont.kt)
   at org.lazywizard.lazylib.ui.LazyFont.createText$default(LazyFont.kt:364)
   at org.lazywizard.lazylib.ui.LazyFont.createText(LazyFont.kt)
   at org.histidine.chatter.combat.ChatterCombatPlugin.drawMessage(.java:902)
   at org.histidine.chatter.combat.ChatterCombatPlugin.drawMessages(ChatterCombatPlugin.java:960)
   at org.histidine.chatter.combat.ChatterCombatPlugin.advance(ChatterCombatPlugin.java:643)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.Object.float$Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.oOOO.B.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advanceInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
225367 [Thread-10] INFO  sound.oo0O  - Creating streaming player for music with id [Spacer15Seconds.ogg]

Overall I really enjoy the ships in your mod and thank you for the time you spent on it!

Dazs

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 04, 2020, 06:22:29 AM »

As an addendum to my above post, I think I may know what the issue would be. In trying to help me, Histidine asked me to check if I have any ships with no name as that would casue the error. When I checked they all had names, I even renamed the ship in question and I still got a crash mid fight. It just occurred to me that the Reinforcer summons 2 additions drones as if they were fighters. I am thinking the problem is that when they are created by the Reinforcer, they may not be assigned names but since they act like fleet ships the combat chatter mod interactes with them.

KnightOfTigers

• Ensign
  • The Tiger lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 04, 2020, 11:31:40 AM »

As an addendum to my above post, I think I may know what the issue would be. In trying to help me, Histidine asked me to check if I have any ships with no name as that would casue the error. When I checked they all had names, I even renamed the ship in question and I still got a crash mid fight. It just occurred to me that the Reinforcer summons 2 additions drones as if they were fighters. I am thinking the problem is that when they are created by the Reinforcer, they may not be assigned names but since they act like fleet ships the combat chatter mod interactes with them.

Thanks for the heads up :)
Indeed, the Reinforcer spawns the ships it carries as fighters first and they quickly gain a proper ship status when they are far enough from the Reinforcer, and yeah I didn't thought about giving these drones names or whatever when they spawn since I didn't thought this would cause an issue. I'll upload a fix soon that will give the deployed drones a generic name when they spawn.

KnightOfTigers

• Ensign
  • The Tiger lover
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Galaxy Tigers faction (v1.4.4) - Not The End Yet
« Reply #70 on: June 05, 2020, 01:42:38 AM »

Update 1.4.4!

Save compatible if you updated to 1.3.0 before.

Changelog :
- Fixed a crash that would occur when the Combat Chatter mod was picking a ship deployed by the Reinforcer

Reminder :
If you haven't updated to v1.4.0 when you download v1.4.4, the Tigris star system got some new balancing. While it doesn't break saves, the balancing will not be applied on your current save. You can either begin a new save, or go to each of Tigris' planets and run the following commands using Console Commands (you can simply copy and paste them).
- On each planet that have a waystation : removeindustry waystation
- On Gassus : removecondition low_gravity;addcondition high_gravity;removeindustry highcommand;removeindustry starfortress_mid;addindustry patrolhq;addindustry battlestation_mid
- On Tergess : removecondition ore_moderate;addcondition ore_sparse
- On Assekia : removeindustry fuelprod
- On Enkluss : removeindustry orbitalworks;removeindustry starfortress_high;addindustry orbitalworks;addindustry battlestation_high
- On Kelmine : removeindustry starfortress_mid;addindustry orbitalstation_mid

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 05, 2020, 06:22:16 AM »

New version crashes on new game start.

EDIT: Ignore this it was me running out of memory for mods.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2020, 06:27:18 AM by BigBeans »

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 11, 2020, 07:48:02 AM »

Just a suggestion but I feel like the Tareb (Smallslaught) sprite could do with being upsized a little? When it's fully equipped with weapons you can barely see the sprite underneath. Just a suggestion though.

KnightOfTigers

• Ensign
  • The Tiger lover
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 11, 2020, 10:26:33 PM »

Just a suggestion but I feel like the Tareb (Smallslaught) sprite could do with being upsized a little? When it's fully equipped with weapons you can barely see the sprite underneath. Just a suggestion though.

That's actually a good idea. I'll take care of this while also finishing the full roster of manned GT ships.

BigBeans

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2020, 06:44:03 PM »

I noticed today that the right front gun on the Cebherd renders below the Medium missile mount, which looks weird as it seems like the gun turret should be above the missiles?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7