Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: So, tips for stealing the whole entire market and profit off misery?  (Read 1616 times)

Hoakin Blackforge

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Im still fairly new to the game, my current objective has been making colonies non-stop for profiting as much as possible, make a war worthy fleet, then start to *** over the luddic church and hegemony. And maybe the diktat.

Then make more off the surviving factions and stablish myself as their main suppliers.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
  • Arguably Heretical, Definetly Insane
    • View Profile
Re: So, tips for stealing the whole entire market and profit off misery?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 01:45:43 PM »

Just be smart about it, the way I did it was monopolizing the fuel market. I looked into who was the biggest fuel producer in my Galaxy (Sindrian Diktat), litterally tacbombed, raided and disrupted ALL their planets until they litterally collapsed (the whole star system where the faction was is now empty if you count my colonies I built over their previous ones out), leaving me with producing 90% of the galaxy's antimatter fuel.

This was without saturation bombing or making any other faction my enemy aswell, you just need to know all their fleets, nuke all their star fortresses, raid all planets for loot around half a dozen times and them all one time for every infrastructure they have functioning on the planet. The total collapse of planets may take a while but it's gonna happen no matter what once they have 0 stability no matter what they do for months.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 02:03:31 PM by Arcagnello »
Arranging holidays in an embrace with the Starsector is priceless.
The therapist removed my F5 key.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 01:51:09 PM »

I mostly did it with a fleet capable of fullly deploying at 300FP and defeating multiple Conquest battlecruisers at the same time. You only really need about 3-4k marines to properly raid and disrupt planets one you tacbomb their ground defences, many many less for the small ones but those are not the ones producing things
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 02:07:39 PM by Arcagnello »

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 03:01:24 PM »

Oh and not to mention that planets producing more than 5 units of fuel or supplies usually have pristine nanoforges/syncotron cores you can steal and install on your own colonies!

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2019, 06:03:43 PM »

I mostly did it with a fleet capable of fullly deploying at 300FP and defeating multiple Conquest battlecruisers at the same time. You only really need about 3-4k marines to properly raid and disrupt planets one you tacbomb their ground defences, many many less for the small ones but those are not the ones producing things

Conquest is the weakest capital ship imo when piloted by AI

Also autofit is weird:

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2019, 06:08:43 AM »

Also autofit is weird:

Clearly it need all of those tac lasers replaced by PD beams to finally be viable
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."

Hoakin Blackforge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2019, 02:38:43 AM »

So, i think i may have screwed up? Some of my planets are losing profit due to me disrupting industries on some planets. Fuel, refining, weapon/hull production. Mostly the hegemony. And i also disrupted the diktat's fuel production. And yet with all this, i still recieve less profit now.

Arcagnello

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2019, 02:41:21 AM »

Your planets may yet have to grow enough to replace the holes in the market you made, also don't forget that being at war gives a malus to planet income. Also, what's the stability of your planets?

Hoakin Blackforge

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2019, 03:32:22 AM »

My most profitable planets have around 300k credits a month, 10 stability, massive fleets and defenses, and 9 level colony. Currently dealing with luddic path, but they are just a mere annoyance.