Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42

Author Topic: [0.96a] Adjusted Sector  (Read 413868 times)

Bradley_

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Adjusted Sector
« Reply #450 on: October 03, 2022, 06:10:04 PM »

Im having low FPS in hyperspace with nexerelin on a 344000 x 264000, ConstellationCount:170

The obvious answer is "because i have a giant frigging sector", but when i load up the game an test it, i do the infernal machine start (so i have a big-ish fleet) and add 50 extra colonies via nexerelin start options, i dont have any issues. However, in my playthrough where i've spent a while playing i do have the game running at 10fps and stuttering and slowing down a lot.

So is it related to the map size? Or constelation count? Or something else? I cant really test it as i think i played for hours before it slowed down, so i cant determine what exactly its causing it, but if its, for example, constellation count, id rather not reduce the size, or vice-versa
« Last Edit: October 03, 2022, 06:43:06 PM by Bradley_ »

IceFire

• Lieutenant
  • If you find typos, keep them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: October 04, 2022, 02:39:31 AM »

Im having low FPS in hyperspace with nexerelin on a 344000 x 264000, ConstellationCount:170

The obvious answer is "because i have a giant frigging sector", but when i load up the game an test it, i do the infernal machine start (so i have a big-ish fleet) and add 50 extra colonies via nexerelin start options, i dont have any issues. However, in my playthrough where i've spent a while playing i do have the game running at 10fps and stuttering and slowing down a lot.

So is it related to the map size? Or constelation count? Or something else? I cant really test it as i think i played for hours before it slowed down, so i cant determine what exactly its causing it, but if its, for example, constellation count, id rather not reduce the size, or vice-versa
I know the feeling. What helped reducing that was getting rid of player history mods or any mods that over time start to compile a lot of data. Other than that there are only the obvious solutions.

Ad-North

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: October 05, 2022, 01:46:08 PM »

I've been trying to use this mod, but to no avail.
I can only augment the height of the sector, not the width (despite changing the numbers), and no new stars or systems spawn.

I'm in dire need of help, as I had thought of using this mod to force the UAF systems to appear in my on-going playthrough.

Any help ?

Aldazar

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: October 08, 2022, 11:07:26 PM »

Does ruins actually take any constellations or does it share? I noticed the last 25 playhtroughs ruins can be in systems with derelicts and remnants/sad/BB.

IceFire

• Lieutenant
  • If you find typos, keep them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: October 11, 2022, 12:51:58 PM »

I've been trying to use this mod, but to no avail.
I can only augment the height of the sector, not the width (despite changing the numbers), and no new stars or systems spawn.

I'm in dire need of help, as I had thought of using this mod to force the UAF systems to appear in my on-going playthrough.

Any help ?
Make sure that you change the values without the#, other than that no clue.
Maybe you can upload the first 15 lines of your settings file.
Other than that could there be a mod that sets you width to a fixed amount.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 12:55:13 PM by IceFire »

SoSD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: October 11, 2022, 03:47:12 PM »

I found the default settings tend to result in a really dense sector, and I quite liked the more spread out feel of the standard sector.

I've found that if you turn up the constellation size, you can get a nice, big spread out sector and still have a lot more star systems:

Full size image here: https://imgur.com/a/Co5Uv6v

These are the settings that I used:

"sectorWidth":246000,
   "sectorHeight":156000,
   "AdjustedSectorConstellationCount":200,
   "AdjustedSectorConstellationSize":2000,
   "AdjustedSectorConstellationCellSize":10,

This is working really well for me, but I imagine you could decrease the constellation size a bit and increase the constellation count if you wanted something with even more stars.

I believe that I had to change this configuration, too:

#Generate hyperstorms options.
   #"true" for generating hyperstorms for BIG map, "false" to generate default-sized hyperstorms.
   #Disclameer - might not work properly in "false" state if Nexerelin isn't updated (v0.10.5 or older) but enabled
   "AdjustedSectorHS":true,

Edited to add the bit about the AdjsutedSectorHS configuration.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2022, 03:50:50 PM by SoSD »

vcuh666

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: October 13, 2022, 11:33:40 AM »

The OP says not to raise the number of themes above 40% of the total number of constellations. Is there any particularly important reason for this?

I'd like to try a sector with 100% high danger remnants and I'd like to know if this will break anything. I will also reduce all other themes to 0.

Koranea

• Ensign
  • Like spaceships, anime, tabletop models, DnD.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: October 13, 2022, 12:34:24 PM »

I tryed that setting and it was really crowded/clustered together.. only wanted a few more stars and sligthy larger.

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: October 13, 2022, 12:43:57 PM »

The OP says not to raise the number of themes above 40% of the total number of constellations. Is there any particularly important reason for this?

I'd like to try a sector with 100% high danger remnants and I'd like to know if this will break anything. I will also reduce all other themes to 0.

You can do that yes, but the problem is that no ruin/derelict theme means no stations/caches/mothership to explore/fight and loot.
As for the 40%, it's more like "1 theme = more than 40% of you total constellation count". If you do it, the remaining themes will likely not have enough constellations to populate, resulting in less constellation per theme than specified in your settings.

So for example: constellation count of 150, 15 derelict motherships, 120 constellations for ruins, 50 for remnants. Since mothership takes 5 constellations each, you'll get 75 constellation for derelicts, 75 constellations for ruins, and none for remnants.

Greatgreengoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: October 15, 2022, 06:27:21 AM »

Installed again after a while of not playing. Im not getting any warning beacons anymore. Is that normal?
"There is no absolute truth in the universe, but in saying so this must also be false"

G86Kill

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: October 20, 2022, 06:06:04 AM »

Hey Guys!

I'm running latest version of Adjusted Sector + Nex 0.10.5b but i've found that the "AdjustedSectorHS":false setting for hyperstorms is no longer working.

I realise there is a disclaimer stating that it may not work with Nex 0.10.5 but I'm using 0.10.5B, it was also working on previous saves so I'm not sure what's going on.

Any help is appreciated, I really hate hyperstorms :D

Greatgreengoo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: October 29, 2022, 11:00:09 PM »

Is there a way to get Warning beacons on the outskirts of the sector? Tried so many config variations.
"There is no absolute truth in the universe, but in saying so this must also be false"

Jeancastel.exe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Adjusted Sector
« Reply #462 on: November 02, 2022, 07:54:58 AM »

Is there any performance impact?
Depending on how many constellations you have, there might be framedrops while on map or intel screen. Past 300 constellations you will feel it. Otherwise - depends on your pc.
[/quote&
Hey sorry man when I activate the mod with the preset 16400x16400 only the space appear, not the star, constellations and storm. It is because it's not a new game, a save of my game ? How I can resolve this problem ?

stal

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 09, 2022, 11:10:29 PM »

Hello, starting a heavily modded game soon (there are currently 137 folders in my mods) with pretty much all of the faction mods in the Mod Index. I've checked if I can run the game with the mods and Adjusted Sector settings that I have and I can after finding this reddit post and the G1GC VMParam Collection in the Unofficial Discord with 8Gb (Aggressive).

Wondering if there are any suggestions on changing stuff since I didn't properly check the maths, and I may or may not have either too much or some leftovers for themes. Also, most of the Cryosleeper and Hypershunt seem to spawn around the edges of the sector, leaving the core and its surroundings empty, and that just might be my settings.

My goal for the settings was for the sector to be rectangular so that it forces me to interact with factions I normally wouldn't for resupply and refuel because I wouldn't have enough to go from one side to another, and with the number of factions I have, to be more chaotic. I've also increased the in-faction bonus as I will most likely be farther away from the core worlds, but I haven't touched the normal accessibility distance penalty as I don't know if "accessibilityDistFromCOM": 50 -> 100 is too much or not enough. Also since I'm playing with most factions, the settings for: SAD, DME, and Prv, will be used, but I haven't changed them from default because I'm not sure if they're one-to-one like sectorConstellationRemnantMax":75 == 300-75 = 225 Constellation Count Left or if they're like "sectorDerelictMotherships" where "1 == 5 CC"

TL;DR: I'm dumb and can't do math and probably read despite looking through the thread so please help me.

Spoiler
Code
{

"plugins":{     
      "newGameSectorProcGen":"data.campaign.procgen.SectorProcGenMod",
   },
   #Change the number below to increase or decrease the size of the Sector
   #"sectorWidth":164000,
   #"sectorHeight":124000,
   #"sectorConstellationSize":2000,
   #"sectorConstellationCellSize":10,
   "sectorWidth":296000,
   "sectorHeight":124000,
   "AdjustedSectorConstellationCount":300,
   "AdjustedSectorConstellationSize":750,
   "AdjustedSectorConstellationCellSize":7,

"sectorConstellationRemnantMin":50,
   "sectorConstellationRemnantMax":75,
   "sectorConstellationRemnantSkipProb":0,

"sectorRemnantPresenceLow":0,
   "sectorRemnantPresenceMed":1,

"sectorConstellationRuinsMin":70,
   "sectorConstellationRuinsMax":90,

"sectorDerelictMotherships":15,
   "sectorDerelictCryosleepers":84,

# this field controls the amount of Coronal Taps, default = 2
   "sectorCoronalTaps":12,

# this fields control the amount of Gates outside of Core Worlds, default is 15 and 20
   "minNonCoreGatesInSectorMod":25,
   "maxNonCoreGatesInSectorMod":40,

# this fields control the amount of XIV Legion-class ships you can encounter outside of the Core Worlds, default is 2, 3, 1, 2
   "XIV_LEGION_NON_SALVAGEBLE_MIN":0,
   "XIV_LEGION_NON_SALVAGEBLE_MAX":0,
   "XIV_LEGION_SALVAGEBLE_MIN":20,
   "XIV_LEGION_SALVAGEBLE_MAX":40,

#Random number of arcs apply to map
   #Vanilla value 20
   "AdjustedSectorRndArcs":20,

#Generate hyperstorms options.
   #"true" for generating hyperstorms for BIG map, "false" to generate default-sized hyperstorms.
   #Disclameer - might not work properly in "false" state if Nexerelin isn't updated (v0.10.5 or older) but enabled
   "AdjustedSectorHS":false,

#Accessibility will be base - 1 at that many light-years from center of mass
   #"accessibilityDistFromCOM":50,
   #"accessibilitySameFactionBonus":0.50,
   "accessibilityDistFromCOM":50,
   "accessibilitySameFactionBonus":1.20,

#If SAD is enabled, you can change the amount of SAD-themed constellations
   #"SanguinaryAnarchisticDefectors_sectorConstellationMin_AS":4,
   #"SanguinaryAnarchisticDefectors_sectorConstellationMax_AS":6,
   "SanguinaryAnarchisticDefectors_sectorConstellationMin_AS":15,
   "SanguinaryAnarchisticDefectors_sectorConstellationMax_AS":30,

#If DME is enabled, as well as random generated blade breaker systems, you can change the amount of said BB-themed constellations.
   #"BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationMin_AS":3,
   #"BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationMax_AS":5,
   #"BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationSkipProb_AS":0.75,
   "BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationMin_AS":25,
   "BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationMax_AS":30,
   "BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationSkipProb_AS":0,

#If Prv Starworks is enabled, as well as random generated Agni systems, you can change the amount of said Agni-themed constellations.
   "AgniThemed_ConstellationMin_AS":25,
   "AgniThemed_ConstellationMax_AS":30,
   "AgniThemed_ConstellationSkip_AS":0,
}
[close]
« Last Edit: November 09, 2022, 11:19:29 PM by stal »

Oilslick

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 10, 2022, 11:57:02 AM »

Hi all!

Quick inquiry. I've just started a new run with the newest version of the game including adjusted sector, Nex, DIY, Industrial Evolution, and a bunch of faction mods. I really like the big sector, but I'm starting to notice that like 70-90% of the solar systems are quite anemic, like containing 0-2 planets and no asteroid belts. Those few plantes very often being situated in or very near the star's corona.

Could that be a side effect of certain adjusted sector's settings? (I used the template from the top post) or is that just the way the base game generates sectors? I can't rememeber the last vanilla playthrough so I don't have any frame of reference anymore...
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 42