Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42

Author Topic: [0.96a] Adjusted Sector  (Read 408830 times)

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
  • Do you exist in your dreams?
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Adjusted Sector
« Reply #270 on: August 06, 2021, 02:39:08 PM »

If low and med Remnant systems are disabled, does that reduce the overall number of Remnant systems spawned?
On another note, do coronal taps also take up themed systems like motherships?
Nope - just all the remnants will be Red level of threat.
As for Coronal taps - they don't tag system as one that has some special Theme.

wilki24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 14, 2021, 12:39:25 PM »

What does the setting "AdjustedSectorRndArcs" do?

Edit: I just discovered the source and API docs lol

So, editor.clearArc clears nebula from the map based on the params? I see it's used to clear space around stars themselves. So, I suppose increasing AdjustedSectorRndArcs adds more clear space to the map?

I wish this code had more comments on why it's doing what it's doing.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2021, 01:16:51 PM by wilki24 »

SirStargateur

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 29, 2021, 06:25:55 AM »

How does this interact with Galatian Academy quest ? Is it compatible ? Cause Nexerelin disable the quest if we use randomize sector generation. (I actually didn't know that in my previous run that explain why I didn't understand much about this new story thing).

I want to use your mod cause I getting tired of hyper storm that really I HATE, no sense in science and annoying gameplay (IMO). Would like a simple mod that just remove hyper storm... I didn't find any option core settings.

shovelmonkey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 29, 2021, 12:58:32 PM »

How does this interact with Galatian Academy quest ? Is it compatible ? Cause Nexerelin disable the quest if we use randomize sector generation. (I actually didn't know that in my previous run that explain why I didn't understand much about this new story thing).

I want to use your mod cause I getting tired of hyper storm that really I HATE, no sense in science and annoying gameplay (IMO). Would like a simple mod that just remove hyper storm... I didn't find any option core settings.

Academy quest still works fine.

Fippel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 31, 2021, 04:32:04 PM »

Hello, I can't seem to make the mod work properly, does it need a new game started for changes to take effect? I think I managed to expand the starmap but only with empty space. I read through the entire thread but couldn't find out if I need to start a new game or not. Cheers

Jade Tendency

• Lieutenant
  • Fourth Olympus
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 01, 2021, 05:39:26 AM »

It only works on new games.

wilki24

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 18, 2021, 06:33:28 PM »

And if SkipProb is set about 0.0 that there is still a chance that the contellation won't be themed "Remnant" even if it was "chosen" by the process?
To be honest, i don't remember what this one does exactly. I believe it just makes remnant systems more 'spread out', so they won't spawn 'in clusters'. Default value is 0.25.

I don't think that's quite right. Looking at the loop where it's used, it's looping from 0 to the number of remnant themed constellations. And that number is chosen by random between the min/max values in the settings.

While going through that loop, it does a random roll 0-1.0, and checks if it's less than the skipProb. If it is, then the loop just continues, doing absolutely nothing to that constellation. But, it's "consumed" one of the potential remnant themed constellations.

So, if sectorConstellationRemnantMin = 90, and sectorConstellationRemnantMax = 120, and sectorConstellationRemnantSkipProb = 0.25, then you could expect roughly between 67 and 90 actual remnant systems, since ~25% of the min/max would be skipped.

Interestingly, it's also picking constellations in order of distance from vector 0,0 (map center), as per the API: getSortedAvailableConstellations() (it uses the List returned in reverse order, so it becomes ascending by distance).

I'm guessing this is why we find remnant systems closer to the core? And, it's also true that increasing sectorConstellationRemnantSkipProb does spread the remnant constellations out, since it adds gaps, but it also reduces the total number of remnant themed constellations as well.

So, I think you'd need to adjust the min/max to account for whatever skipProb is set to, or you'll end up with less remnant constellations than intended.

Oh, and while diffing the code, I noticed that it's missing the changes Alex made later in April, RC14 and 15 (mostly 14).

geminitiger

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 21, 2021, 08:14:03 PM »

This mod is all fun and games until your red planet is 76 days / 53 light years from center.
10/10 though
 ;D

Jade Tendency

• Lieutenant
  • Fourth Olympus
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: October 04, 2021, 08:12:47 AM »

Any plans to fix SAD and BB now that both mods are updated to 0.95a?

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: October 05, 2021, 11:03:49 AM »

The Heavy Armor fix implemented by Adjusted Sector appears to clash with the Heavy Armor change made by Better Deserved S-mods.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: October 06, 2021, 05:54:39 PM »

The Heavy Armor fix implemented by Adjusted Sector appears to clash with the Heavy Armor change made by Better Deserved S-mods.
Adjusted Sector doesn't touch anything other than sector generation though?

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: October 06, 2021, 07:28:06 PM »

Adjusted Sector doesn't touch anything other than sector generation though?

Except it does in order to fix itself bugging vanilla Heavy Armor.

Adjusted Sector on, Heavy Armor not changed by Better Deserved S-mods. Adjusted Sector off, BDSm Heavy Armor change is fine. HeavyArmor.java present in Adjusted Sector src folder compelling supporting evidence. Nerzhull already made aware of an issue on the discord, with second opinion. This is just for the forums, for the record I guess.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2021, 07:34:58 PM by PreConceptor »

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: October 07, 2021, 03:07:17 AM »

Huh.
Well, that's an easy fix, just open up ModInfo and put a z in front of the name.

(Although I'm not sure how this could break Heavy Armour to require such.)

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: October 07, 2021, 08:20:14 AM »

Huh.
Well, that's an easy fix, just open up ModInfo and put a z in front of the name.

(Although I'm not sure how this could break Heavy Armour to require such.)

This doesn't work either. I'm fine with waiting, I'd also like it to work with 0.95a DME Blade Breaker spawning, which at the time of writing this it does not.

Starslinger909

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: October 14, 2021, 03:42:24 PM »

I know its probably not but is this save compatible?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 42