Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42

Author Topic: [0.96a] Adjusted Sector  (Read 414229 times)

casualbeer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Adjusted Sector
« Reply #255 on: August 02, 2021, 11:40:01 PM »

Hi,

First and foremost - great mod. Thank you :)

I'm trying to figure out what stands behind properties sectorConstellationRemnantMin and sectorConstellationRemnantMin and how  the correspond to AdjustedSectorConstellationCount:

"AdjustedSectorConstellationCount":300,

"sectorConstellationRemnantMin":90,
"sectorConstellationRemnantMax":120,
"sectorConstellationRemnantSkipProb":0,

"sectorRemnantPresenceLow":0,
"sectorRemnantPresenceMed":1,

Does the above example mean that I should expect game to generate exactly 300 Constellations and somewhere between 90 to 120 of constelations should contain [REDACTED] and those will be either Med or High Danger ?

Why I ask: I'm basically using the "standard" preset for large 164 x 164 sector and end up getting quite a lot of [Redacted] systems to close to the core. I tried tweaking (lowering) the Min Max properties (e.g. min 40 max 70) but ended up with more less the same result. I did 3 more tests and it seem constistent. On top of those min-max props there is a skip probability and "dice roll" behind the scene which makes me think that I misunderstood the meaning of this params.

Could you elaborate (just a bit) on how do those properties work?

(I went briefly throught this thread and didn't find answer to this question)

PS. Two be fair my tests where a bit blind and small scale because I don't know the way on how to reveal the whole galaxy (i'm sure there is a console command for that)

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
  • Do you exist in your dreams?
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 03, 2021, 05:44:52 AM »

Hi,

First and foremost - great mod. Thank you :)

I'm trying to figure out what stands behind properties sectorConstellationRemnantMin and sectorConstellationRemnantMin and how  the correspond to AdjustedSectorConstellationCount:

"AdjustedSectorConstellationCount":300,

"sectorConstellationRemnantSkipProb":0,

Does the above example mean that I should expect game to generate exactly 300 Constellations and somewhere between 90 to 120 of constelations should contain [REDACTED] and those will be either Med or High Danger ?

Why I ask: I'm basically using the "standard" preset for large 164 x 164 sector and end up getting quite a lot of [Redacted] systems to close to the core. I tried tweaking (lowering) the Min Max properties (e.g. min 40 max 70) but ended up with more less the same result. I did 3 more tests and it seem constistent. On top of those min-max props there is a skip probability and "dice roll" behind the scene which makes me think that I misunderstood the meaning of this params.

Could you elaborate (just a bit) on how do those properties work?

(I went briefly throught this thread and didn't find answer to this question)

PS. Two be fair my tests where a bit blind and small scale because I don't know the way on how to reveal the whole galaxy (i'm sure there is a console command for that)
Ok, let's get started.
Firstly, AdjustedSectorConstellationCount - is the number of constellations game tries to cramp into your sector. Thing is, it is MAX number of possible stars. So, if you create small sector with large 'grids', game will be unable to spawn entirity of those 300 constellations - it will stop at some fraction of this number, since it won't find any 'free spots' to tag for next new constellation added.
So after generating constellations, game will tag them with special themes - firstly goes 'derelict', mothership count value cotrols that, second is 'ruins' and third is 'remnants'. So if first two themes took much of your 'free' constellations - or the entirity of them - you will have less remnant-themed constellations, than expected.

So, you can tweak two settings to avoid this problem - 'AdjustedSectorConstellationSize' - decrease it, and you might find more stars. It also will result in constellations overlaping with one another, so pick your poison.
Second option is to decrease amount of ruin/derelict themed stars, by tunning down the numbers in 'ruin theme' and 'motherships' respectfully.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 03, 2021, 05:48:08 AM »

If you dig up your current settings, i may do something with 'em.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 03, 2021, 05:51:23 AM »

Why I ask: I'm basically using the "standard" preset for large 164 x 164 sector and end up getting quite a lot of [Redacted] systems to close to the core.

As for this..
1) Default procgen just likes to put remnants in the middle between core worlds and the far borders of the sector;
2) Due to large number of constellations + decent amount of stars per constellations, some of those can 'sneak' into core worlds and you will have remnant-infested systems basically right in your doorstep.

casualbeer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 03, 2021, 06:18:08 AM »

Firstly, AdjustedSectorConstellationCount - is the number of constellations game tries to cramp into your sector. Thing is, it is MAX number of possible stars. So, if you create small sector with large 'grids', game will be unable to spawn entirity of those 300 constellations - it will stop at some fraction of this number, since it won't find any 'free spots' to tag for next new constellation added.
So after generating constellations, game will tag them with special themes - firstly goes 'derelict', mothership count value cotrols that, second is 'ruins' and third is 'remnants'. So if first two themes took much of your 'free' constellations - or the entirity of them - you will have less remnant-themed constellations, than expected.

This explains a lot - thank you ver much for a prompt response!

But do I read it correctly?

So if procgen has enough Contellations to work with (that still have not been themed) it will try to make from 90 to 120 "Remnant" themed contellations? Correct ?
And if SkipProb is set about 0.0 that there is still a chance that the contellation won't be themed "Remnant" even if it was "chosen" by the process?

Considering this 2 parameters - does it mean that there ist virtually no possiblility for the process to generate LowPresence Remant systems ?

PS> I'll post my settings later, when I'll get home.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 03, 2021, 07:15:05 AM »

This explains a lot - thank you ver much for a prompt response!

But do I read it correctly?

So if procgen has enough Contellations to work with (that still have not been themed) it will try to make from 90 to 120 "Remnant" themed contellations? Correct ?
Yes! Exactly this.
And if SkipProb is set about 0.0 that there is still a chance that the contellation won't be themed "Remnant" even if it was "chosen" by the process?
To be honest, i don't remember what this one does exactly. I believe it just makes remnant systems more 'spread out', so they won't spawn 'in clusters'. Default value is 0.25.

Considering this 2 parameters - does it mean that there ist virtually no possiblility for the process to generate LowPresence Remant systems ?

PS> I'll post my settings later, when I'll get home.
With such values - yes. So out of 90 to 120 Remnant systems, zero will be 'green', only 'yellow' and 'red'. If you toggle 'Low' as 1 and 'Med' as 0, you will have only 'green' and 'red' remnant systems!

It was just a thing i wanted for myself, but since everything in this mod is optional, i decided to include it anyway.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 03, 2021, 07:38:57 AM »

Why I ask: I'm basically using the "standard" preset for large 164 x 164 sector and end up getting quite a lot of [Redacted] systems to close to the core.

As for this..
1) Default procgen just likes to put remnants in the middle between core worlds and the far borders of the sector;
2) Due to large number of constellations + decent amount of stars per constellations, some of those can 'sneak' into core worlds and you will have remnant-infested systems basically right in your doorstep.
Personally I like that, it makes the AI Wars feel more real and present.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 03, 2021, 09:20:30 AM »

As for this..
Personally I like that, it makes the AI Wars feel more real and present.
I also like this, so it was one of the reasons why i didn't try to toy around with theme selection patterns.

casualbeer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 03, 2021, 01:05:35 PM »

So thanks to Nerzhull_AI I've managed to tweak settings the way I want them to be (sector is less "saturated" with stars which now tend to be organized in longer clusters/contellations a bit away from The Core)

Here are my settings:

{   
   "plugins":{      
      "newGameSectorProcGen":"data.scripts.SectorProcGenMod",
      "newGameCreationEntryPoint":"data.scripts.world.SectorGenMod",
   },

"sectorWidth":164000,
   "sectorHeight":164000,
   "AdjustedSectorConstellationCount":250,
   "AdjustedSectorConstellationSize":850,
   "AdjustedSectorConstellationCellSize":6,

"sectorConstellationRemnantMin":50,
   "sectorConstellationRemnantMax":70,
   "sectorConstellationRemnantSkipProb":0.15,

"sectorRemnantPresenceLow":1,

"sectorConstellationRuinsMin":80,
   "sectorConstellationRuinsMax":100,

"sectorDerelictMotherships": 8,
   "sectorDerelictCryosleepers":80,

"sectorCoronalTaps":10,

"AdjustedSectorRndArcs":20,

"AdjustedSectorHS":true,

"accessibilityDistFromCOM":150,
   "accessibilitySameFactionBonus":1.0,

"SanguinaryAnarchisticDefectors_sectorConstellationMin_AS":15,
   "SanguinaryAnarchisticDefectors_sectorConstellationMax_AS":30,

"BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationMin_AS":13,
   "BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationMax_AS":25,
   "BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationSkipProb_AS":0.25,
}

It's for sure less demanding than preset delivered with the mod but it works for me :)

Thanks again for explaining what's what!

Do above settings mean that High Presence Cells won't spawn at all ? If so - is there a way to have all three types ?

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 03, 2021, 03:24:17 PM »

Do above settings mean that High Presence Cells won't spawn at all ? If so - is there a way to have all three types ?
'Red' onces will spawn no matter what. When they Low and Med is at '1', all three types of Remnant systems will spawn. If both are zero - only Red remnant systems will spawn.

crash7ds

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 03, 2021, 07:49:52 PM »

What does AdjustedSectorRndArcs control?

casualbeer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 03, 2021, 11:41:29 PM »

'Red' onces will spawn no matter what. When they Low and Med is at '1', all three types of Remnant systems will spawn. If both are zero - only Red remnant systems will spawn.

Yay :D Thanks! (Almost) endless Starsector here I come :)

shovelmonkey

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 04, 2021, 12:52:53 PM »

So thanks to Nerzhull_AI I've managed to tweak settings the way I want them to be (sector is less "saturated" with stars which now tend to be organized in longer clusters/contellations a bit away from The Core)

Here are my settings:

Spoiler
{   
   "plugins":{      
      "newGameSectorProcGen":"data.scripts.SectorProcGenMod",
      "newGameCreationEntryPoint":"data.scripts.world.SectorGenMod",
   },

"sectorWidth":164000,
   "sectorHeight":164000,
   "AdjustedSectorConstellationCount":250,
   "AdjustedSectorConstellationSize":850,
   "AdjustedSectorConstellationCellSize":6,

"sectorConstellationRemnantMin":50,
   "sectorConstellationRemnantMax":70,
   "sectorConstellationRemnantSkipProb":0.15,

"sectorConstellationRuinsMin":80,
   "sectorConstellationRuinsMax":100,

"sectorDerelictMotherships": 8,
   "sectorDerelictCryosleepers":80,

"sectorCoronalTaps":10,

"AdjustedSectorRndArcs":20,

"AdjustedSectorHS":true,

"accessibilityDistFromCOM":150,
   "accessibilitySameFactionBonus":1.0,

"SanguinaryAnarchisticDefectors_sectorConstellationMin_AS":15,
   "SanguinaryAnarchisticDefectors_sectorConstellationMax_AS":30,

"BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationMin_AS":13,
   "BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationMax_AS":25,
   "BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationSkipProb_AS":0.25,
}
[close]

It's for sure less demanding than preset delivered with the mod but it works for me :)

I hope you don't mind, I've borrowed this preset to use as my own. I like it quite abit.  :D

Also, glad to see the return of Nerzhull_AI and thanks for his detailed explanation of how things work!

casualbeer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 06, 2021, 05:52:35 AM »

I hope you don't mind, I've borrowed this preset to use as my own. I like it quite abit.  :D

Also, glad to see the return of Nerzhull_AI and thanks for his detailed explanation of how things work!

Not at all! Please enjoy - i actually hoped somebody may find it useful. Nerzhull_AI did amazing job making this mod - I'm glad I could be part of it and return something to the community (even if it's just sharing this config)

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 06, 2021, 06:29:46 AM »

If low and med Remnant systems are disabled, does that reduce the overall number of Remnant systems spawned? I was getting maps where Remnant systems were only spawning in the ring of constellations immediately surrounding the core sector and none spawning in the edges of the sector. I won't discount the probability that I had too many motherships and such eating up spawns, but I'm holding off testing until mod is updated/compatible with stuff like SAD. On another note, do coronal taps also take up themed systems like motherships?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42