Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42

Author Topic: [0.96a] Adjusted Sector  (Read 408882 times)

AppleMarineXX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Adjusted Sector
« Reply #240 on: May 14, 2021, 12:04:18 PM »

Does this effect the "small" map size, or only the "normal" one?

KanterZk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 19, 2021, 09:40:28 AM »

Is there a parameter to generate more warning beacons ? (I only have two warning beacons using the large preset and Nexerelin)

Starareo

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 16, 2021, 03:15:18 PM »

Do cryosleepers, motherships, and hypershuntes override themed constellations? As in, should I make sure that sectorConstellationRemnantMax + sectorConstellationRuinsMax + sectorDerelictMotherships * 5+ sectorDerelictCryosleepers + SanguinaryAnarchisticDefectors_sectorConstellationMax_AS + BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationMax_AS + Coronal Hypershunts should be equal to my AdjustedSectorConstellationCount

Also, I have SAD installed and none of their systems are spawning. I even dropped remnant systems to like 20 and bumped SAD to over 100 and nothing spawned.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 09:54:13 AM by Starareo »

Nameless

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 17, 2021, 05:23:48 PM »

The SAD mod have changed some code names regarding to spawning their systems. This is probably why it doesn't work anymore.

idiotekque

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 18, 2021, 05:43:52 AM »

I'd really like to give this mod a try, but the comments worry me. Does anyone have a good "preset", so to speak? That gives the sector a decent increase in size, but doesn't break anything and still works nicely with everything?

Nameless

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 19, 2021, 09:45:46 AM »

Nothing breaks if you follow what the description says.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 19, 2021, 09:48:50 AM »

Personally, I recommend low quantities of high density constellations, because they can and will overlap at times.
(Although I once had one literally over the core world's and it made it feel completely different, which was fun.)

pearagon

• Ensign
  • im into resting
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 21, 2021, 02:47:50 AM »

The SAD mod have changed some code names regarding to spawning their systems. This is probably why it doesn't work anymore.

I've also heard that there is new procgen from 0.95a that does not appear when using adjusted sector. Can anyone or the mod author confirm this?

Jade Tendency

• Lieutenant
  • Fourth Olympus
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 21, 2021, 04:37:01 AM »

Do cryosleepers, motherships, and hypershuntes override themed constellations? As in, should I make sure that sectorConstellationRemnantMax + sectorConstellationRuinsMax + sectorDerelictMotherships * 5+ sectorDerelictCryosleepers + SanguinaryAnarchisticDefectors_sectorConstellationMax_AS + BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationMax_AS + Coronal Hypershunts should be equal to my AdjustedSectorConstellationCount

Also, I have SAD installed and none of their systems are spawning. I even dropped remnant systems to like 20 and bumped SAD to over 100 and nothing spawned.

Motherships do for certain, if you set it to high there will be nothing but drones all over the sector.

crash7ds

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 26, 2021, 03:52:00 PM »

I'm getting a warning ingame that this and Big Beans Ship Comp are not supported in v0.95a, which is confusing since this site lists them as supported. Is that a mod compatibility issue or something I missed?

nocluewhatimdoing

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 27, 2021, 03:49:40 AM »

Would I be better off using the built in large preset or modifying the settings json?

Carmelita_Fox

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 27, 2021, 12:01:13 PM »

So is the current version working correctly or not? Please someone confirm, thanks

It works, but with some caveats:

As other users mentioned, core worlds are generated slightly off center. I'm not sure if it's specific mod issue, or vanilla issue exacerbated by higher constellation count. Main issue with it is randomly generated systems will sometimes overlap core worlds. Also generally randomly generated constellations will sometimes overlap each other. With both default presets provided with mod it happens almost always. It's not that big of a deal, and you can solve most of these problems by customizing settings, although making a preset that fits you can take a minute, to say the least. Thankfully, mod author provided quite extensive directions how to do it on first page.

This seems to be a vanilla "issue" that's just made more noticeable when constellations are generated close to the core worlds. To put them closer to the map center, open /starsector-core/data/campaign/starmap.json and add 6000 to every coordinate value. This moves the core worlds one grid cell up and to the right, so the map center is southwest of Askonia instead of near Hybrasil. Don't know why it is like that by default and to be honest I didn't notice it until when messing around with Adjusted Sector, Tyle and Penelope's overlapped with other constellations while Naraka was still several lightyears away from the nearest one.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
  • Do you exist in your dreams?
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 01, 2021, 06:46:36 AM »

I've also heard that there is new procgen from 0.95a that does not appear when using adjusted sector. Can anyone or the mod author confirm this?
It is fine.
As of SAD mod - it's possible that mod author changed the way things are handled there. I'll try to re-do compatibility thingy, but i'm currently mostly inactive since life 'n stuff.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 01, 2021, 06:47:37 AM »

I'm getting a warning ingame that this and Big Beans Ship Comp are not supported in v0.95a, which is confusing since this site lists them as supported. Is that a mod compatibility issue or something I missed?
It's just version detection issue. It works fine.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 01, 2021, 06:53:32 AM »

I also should mention that i have no idea why core world are 'slightly moved'.
It's probably because the positioning of 'core worlds' depends on default grid which may be different depending on settings.

I've yet to research if position of any of the 'core worlds' can change if procgen spews random star system in the same cell as core world, but i'm pretty sure that core systems will spawn in preset locations no matter what.
So entire problem is probably due to 'size' values. Will look into that as soon as i'm able to do something with modding.

Sorry for inactivity, i really wasn't ready for everything that happens IRL at the same time as this mod gets this much attention.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 42