Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42

Author Topic: [0.96a] Adjusted Sector  (Read 409066 times)

Nameless

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Adjusted Sector
« Reply #225 on: April 24, 2021, 10:45:28 PM »

I was under the impression that this affects sector generation. But I am seeing some planets that I previously surveyed with normal result, reloaded the game and go back to the same planet later and survey again and getting blank planet. Is this what is causing it?

Apogee_Freak

• Lieutenant
  • Are you hiding the blueprints under your farms?
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: April 25, 2021, 12:04:03 AM »

I was under the impression that this affects sector generation. But I am seeing some planets that I previously surveyed with normal result, reloaded the game and go back to the same planet later and survey again and getting blank planet. Is this what is causing it?
I believe so, yeah. In my last game, I went above the limit without double-checking and fixing it. I think the blank systems are due to the sector generation thinking there are more systems, and giving those hypothetical systems values, and the remaining systems in the actual game are left with nothing.
The systems I surveyed later also lost their surveyed status and became blank planets. I have no idea why this could happen though.
Simply don't go above the limit to avoid weird glitches, lol.

Apogee_Freak

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 25, 2021, 12:20:31 AM »

Tried using this and unfortunately no matter what settings I used, even default vanilla settings, it would spawn stars in the south area of the core worlds.
That just happens. You could try tweaking the AdjustedSectorConstellationSize to change the spacing between the constellations. Weird stuff could happen, so fair warning on touching this value. From previous posts, it seems that 1250 or 1500 is a sweet spot for some people.
Just a quick question. I made a large sector with the following settings:

Spoiler

"sectorWidth":328000,
"sectorHeight":328000,
"AdjustedSectorConstellationCount":280,
"AdjustedSectorConstellationSize":2000,
"AdjustedSectorConstellationCellSize":8,

"sectorConstellationRemnantMin":50,
"sectorConstellationRemnantMax":70,
"sectorConstellationRemnantSkipProb":0,

"sectorRemnantPresenceLow":1,
"sectorRemnantPresenceMed":1,

"sectorConstellationRuinsMin":90,
"sectorConstellationRuinsMax":120,

"sectorDerelictMotherships":12,
"sectorDerelictCryosleepers":20,
[close]

It felt like the sector had many stars without planets, compared to a normal sized map. Everything else appeared to generate just fine and played fine. Is there a hard cap on planet count that I may have surpassed?
IIRC there is no way to tweak planet generation, as it is random and derives from the type of theme the system is under. So, it is probably just bad luck with RNG.
Since your total themed systems at maximum are close to 280, you could try lowering your max values to include more normal systems, say, remnants to 60, ruins to 100, and motherships to 10. It might give you better chances at spawning systems with planets, but I have nothing to back this up. A lot of this is trial and error.

Apogee_Freak

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 25, 2021, 12:48:15 AM »

I'm asking about the min and max volumes, does the min and max mean that the amount will be somewhere in-between the two numbers? also if it does, does that mean that if "sectorConstellationRuins" spawns lets say 37 of them in my sector, does that mean that there will be more remnant stars spawning to make up for it so the max possible amount is in play? also what would be the best amounts to fill up the sector with a reasonable amount of things with my current "AdjustedSectorConstellationCount":200?
The way it works is that a number of systems is chosen from the min to the max for each of the themes. Having less of one theme doesn't mean that more of another theme will spawn. If you only want one system with remnants, 10 systems with ruins, and 1 derelict mothership that modifies 5 systems, they will spawn just like that. The rest of the systems should be normal.
As for the best amounts, that is up to you. If you like having a lot of stuff, assign the themes with whatever numbers you want, as long as they aren't cutting it close to 200. With the values you have, their maximums total to 190, which is a good number to stop at.
If you hate running into remnants often, just lower the number as you please, and so on.
I'd personally lower the number of remnant systems and raise the number of ruins, since you have more than enough remnants to pick a fight with or farm AI cores, and the ruins theme is so varied and broad that some systems have nothing but scattered ruins, and others have vast ruins with a comms relay and a gate.
Another question is if its possible to set it so more things are able to spawn like remnants and ruins throughout the sector other than just near the core worlds? I'm using a huge amount of Constellations so I'm able to have more remnants and ruins in the game even though there is a huge amount of stars being unused by these settings, would it be possible to set it so I could have remnants and ruins and cryo and such through the whole sector not just around the core worlds so I don't need so many Constellations?
Unfortunately I don't think we can change the way remnants and ruins spawn around the core worlds. The general way they are affected is based on distance, i.e. remnants only spawn within a certain distance from the core worlds, and the farther out you go, the better ruins and derelicts you find.
You could try changing the size of the sector as a way to affect this, like making it smaller but increasing the density of stars so you don't need to travel as far to get the goodies.
I posted a config back in 0.9.1 that was a square sector, and it worked pretty well. I can share a more updated version if someone wants it.

Apogee_Freak

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: April 25, 2021, 01:03:56 AM »

I just want a smaller galaxy, about 4/5ths the original so I get better frames from less things going on. Would this mod be better than Grand Sector? Grand had a few simple options and also turned off hyperstorms which was helpful to keep frames up.
If you want a sector that's 4/5ths the size of the original, you can just simply multiply the width, height, and constellation count by 4/5. Remember to adjust the themes (remnants, ruins, derelict motherships count as 5 systems each) so that their maximum total is less than the total amount of systems you set.
Hyperstorms are affected by the size of the constellations, so if you increase AdjustedSectorConstellationSize, it will space out the constellations more, thereby generating less hyperstorm areas. Be careful with it though, or you might get weird problems like constellations outside of the sector and such.
Also, Grand Sector increases the size of the sector in every way, so it'd be worse on your frames than vanilla.
So, in the settings.json, there is this value which does not seem to match with what the string explains. Attached is the value. Isn't that for AdjustedSectorConstellationCount? It says in the file it is for "sectorConstellationSize." I'm trying to keep the vanilla notes intact to reference changes. Sooo, that should say "sectorConstellationSize":2000?
There might be some typos in the config, I'm not sure. AdjustedSectorConstellationCount is the number of star systems in the sector, and should be in the tens or hundreds. AdjustedSectorConstellationSize is the actual size of each constellation, and should be in the thousands.
Lastly, on the remnants, I'd like to keep the spawn mostly vanilla, still having low threat star systems, and keeping in mind I've reduced the width and height of the map by 20%. So, will Low and Medium both at 1 be similar to vanilla?
Yes, they will spawn like vanilla.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 27, 2021, 07:00:12 AM »

I just want to point that core sectors are not positioned in centre(looks like they are shifted one row/column to west/south) and there is this weird empty space in east/north of them.
Also they usually have some random systems mixed with most south and western Core systems.

It happen fairly consistently.
Anything can be done with that?

Apogee_Freak

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 27, 2021, 02:58:15 PM »

I might have a lead on why surveyed planets lose their surveyed status and go "blank". I just have no idea if it's this mod specifically, another one like Unknown Skies, or something else.

In all the instances my systems go blank, its right after I gain survey data from a derelict (probes specifically) on a planet in the same system that's already been surveyed. The weird part is that not only does that system go blank, but any previously surveyed systems can go blank as well. I'm not sure on the range, it may be just the systems that have been surveyed without saving the game. It could be the systems that are marked with the derelict theme, I frankly have no idea. The log file doesn't mention anything and there are no messages in game. It seems like an uncaught exception in the portion of the save file that tracks survey status. The derelicts should be fairly spread out with no overlap, I only have 8 motherships in a sector of 200 generated star systems. This could also be a bug that's already fixed with 0.9.5, as I'm still on 0.9.1.

Does anyone have any input?

Nameless

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: April 27, 2021, 03:01:01 PM »

The latest version of Vayra Sector broke the game and causes the problem I had, which is similar to yours. I reverted it to an older version I had and no problem so far in 20 cycles. I'm also having 200 constellations with about 200ish total theme setting.

If you are using Vayra 3.2.1 that is very likely the reason.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 03:02:58 PM by Nameless »

Apogee_Freak

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: April 28, 2021, 01:35:50 AM »

If you are using Vayra 3.2.1 that is very likely the reason.
...that is very amusing. I should've read through its mod thread sooner. Thank you very much Nameless.

Disregard my posts above regarding "blank planets", they have nothing to do with this mod.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 01:42:24 AM by Icosidodecahedron »

tiberazure

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 30, 2021, 12:03:49 PM »

Hello, i have tried multiple sector generations, with different options, even using default, or large setting. But after the latest patch in starsector your generation values are never true. it never generates the ammount of Shunts or cryosleepers, remnants are almost always off, ruins are off. I think some mods like Seeker, HMI and faction mods, change the adjusted sector generation alot. For example in last try, i used the "large"setting which was supposed to generate 128 shunt/cryos , in a fresh generation it generated 22 cryosleepers, and 119 hypershunts. So as you can see, shunts generate to close proximity to shunt. So i was wondering do i have to use a specific sector generation setting. As "young" ","old", "mixed". These were done with young sector generation.

tiberazure

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: May 01, 2021, 03:35:43 AM »

Update, tried it in vanilla. Hypershunts tend to spawn to close approximity to intended settings, as well as the remnant systems count. But cryosleepers, and ruins are off. So dear modmaker, please take a look at your script for the latest starsector hotfix. Because after that the procgen themes are not doing what your mod is supposed to do.
Cryosleepers are almost always 2-3* less than the number originated. Note: this did not happen in previous core starsector version. So Nerzhul AI, please verify that your mod script is handling latest starsector procgen.
Thanks for your time! It is a good mod that adds alot of stuff to do in a sector, but if it is not properly working even with vanilla settings and vanilla sector then something seems to be not working!

Adex

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: May 10, 2021, 06:27:46 AM »

So is the current version working correctly or not? Please someone confirm, thanks

cdmerc

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: May 10, 2021, 09:39:22 AM »

So is the current version working correctly or not? Please someone confirm, thanks

It works, but with some caveats:

As other users mentioned, core worlds are generated slightly off center. I'm not sure if it's specific mod issue, or vanilla issue exacerbated by higher constellation count. Main issue with it is randomly generated systems will sometimes overlap core worlds. Also generally randomly generated constellations will sometimes overlap each other. With both default presets provided with mod it happens almost always. It's not that big of a deal, and you can solve most of these problems by customizing settings, although making a preset that fits you can take a minute, to say the least. Thankfully, mod author provided quite extensive directions how to do it on first page.

Nameless

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: May 10, 2021, 10:31:11 AM »

This mod works.

ThatBigBirb

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: May 11, 2021, 10:30:01 AM »

Hey so, I've loaded up several new games with my wacky mod list and they have all resulted in the same hyperspace nebula layout no matter how many times I restart seeds. Is there an option in the settings that is accidentally malfunctioning or disabled?

I love this mod too much to give it up as it allows me the ability to just dive into the black forever. But the unchanging hyperspace nebula is a bit of a downer.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 42