Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42

Author Topic: [0.96a] Adjusted Sector  (Read 408884 times)

ChrysalisThe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Adjusted Sector
« Reply #210 on: April 14, 2021, 07:21:10 AM »

I have figured out the problems i had. I thnk while motherships take away 5 constellation size so do probes and survey ships... and this way in my world generation at least the motherships "ate" up the entire constellation size by themselves...

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
  • Do you exist in your dreams?
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 14, 2021, 02:29:10 PM »

I have figured out the problems i had. I thnk while motherships take away 5 constellation size so do probes and survey ships... and this way in my world generation at least the motherships "ate" up the entire constellation size by themselves...
It is mentioned how motherships work with constellation count on the first page, but yeah, that's the most common case of "my sector generated weirdly".

thorkellthetall

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 16, 2021, 07:47:23 PM »

Hey, just noticed that your OP detailing the effects of sectorConstellationRuinsMin and sectorConstellationRuinsMax gives an example of 50 to 75, which I presume was meant to be from 20 to 40 as written above it in the config example. A similar thing is written for sectorConstellationRemnantMin and sectorConstellationRemnantMax stating 75 to 125 when above it is 15 and 30.
Correct me if this is intended.

Sarissofoi

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 17, 2021, 02:54:17 AM »

Noticed that core worlds have often some random stars south and west and empty space north and east. It looks like Core sectors are moved south/west and collided  with random new sector.

giganticats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 19, 2021, 03:18:08 PM »

hello, i have a question, my current settings are
        #"sectorWidth":164000,
   #"sectorHeight":104000,
   #"sectorConstellationSize":100,
   #"sectorConstellationCellSize":10,
   "sectorWidth":164000,
   "sectorHeight":104000,
   "AdjustedSectorConstellationCount":200,
   "AdjustedSectorConstellationSize":1000,
   "AdjustedSectorConstellationCellSize":8,

"sectorConstellationRemnantMin":40,
   "sectorConstellationRemnantMax":70,
   "sectorConstellationRemnantSkipProb":0,
   # zero means - they wont spawn
   "sectorRemnantPresenceLow":1,
   "sectorRemnantPresenceMed":1,

"sectorConstellationRuinsMin":25,
   "sectorConstellationRuinsMax":40,

"sectorDerelictMotherships":16,
   "sectorDerelictCryosleepers":36,

I'm asking about the min and max volumes, does the min and max mean that the amount will be somewhere in-between the two numbers? also if it does, does that mean that if "sectorConstellationRuins" spawns lets say 37 of them in my sector, does that mean that there will be more remnant stars spawning to make up for it so the max possible amount is in play? also what would be the best amounts to fill up the sector with a reasonable amount of things with my current "AdjustedSectorConstellationCount":200?

also as the above comment states yes there is almost always a gap of stars next to the top right of the core worlds

Another question is if its possible to set it so more things are able to spawn like remnants and ruins throughout the sector other than just near the core worlds? I'm using a huge amount of Constellations so I'm able to have more remnants and ruins in the game even though there is a huge amount of stars being unused by these settings, would it be possible to set it so I could have remnants and ruins and cryo and such through the whole sector not just around the core worlds so I don't need so many Constellations?

for example: https://imgur.com/a/ZkFXZuQ (the red circle is the area where stars/constellations rarely/never spawn) (everything outside the orange area almost never has anything but domain probes and few low tier derelicts, the 2 warning beacons outside the orange circle are added by mods/missions)(I'm playing nexerlin with vanilla core worlds)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 03:59:49 PM by giganticats »

lilFishy44

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 22, 2021, 09:28:12 AM »

I tried using this mod with Nexerlin and it just gives me the following message "There is 1 unsupported mod enabled" and then it lists Adjusted Sector...
How can I make it work?

Apogee_Freak

• Lieutenant
  • Are you hiding the blueprints under your farms?
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 22, 2021, 05:32:10 PM »

I tried using this mod with Nexerlin and it just gives me the following message "There is 1 unsupported mod enabled" and then it lists Adjusted Sector...
How can I make it work?
That's weird. Adjusted Sector should be compatible with Nexerelin, as long as you don't randomize the core worlds. The latest Nexerelin update to 0.9.5 might have removed compatibility. Does the game let you play at all, or does it stop?

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 23, 2021, 12:56:18 AM »

How can I make it work?
That's weird. Adjusted Sector should be compatible with Nexerelin, as long as you don't randomize the core worlds. The latest Nexerelin update to 0.9.5 might have removed compatibility. Does the game let you play at all, or does it stop?

I've been randomizing my core worlds with this mod from the start! Do you mean to tell me there are issues doing this? I would like to know what happens! because I haven't noticed anything odd except for some oddly placed planet traits ex: tundra with hot and cold climate or Terran with hot and mild climate.
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 23, 2021, 01:29:45 AM »

@Nerzhull_AI I didn't get a memo on what happens when you randomize core worlds with this mod but everything has been fine since I've used this. Is there any issue using randomized core worlds officially?
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Bob69Joe

• Lieutenant
  • Steam: Herr Derrierr with the tiger picture
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 23, 2021, 10:43:44 AM »

I just want a smaller galaxy, about 4/5ths the original so I get better frames from less things going on. Would this mod be better than Grand Sector? Grand had a few simple options and also turned off hyperstorms which was helpful to keep frames up.
_____
:p Oh Lawd, GS isn't even updated, so I'm going with this.

So, in the settings.json, there is this value which does not seem to match with what the string explains. Attached is the value. Isn't that for AdjustedSectorConstellationCount? It says in the file it is for "sectorConstellationSize." I'm trying to keep the vanilla notes intact to reference changes. Sooo, that should say "sectorConstellationSize":2000?

KEK XD Sanguinary Anarchistic Defectors, fear the gerbil!

Lastly, on the remnants, I'd like to keep the spawn mostly vanilla, still having low threat star systems, and keeping in mind I've reduced the width and height of the map by 20%. So, will Low and Medium both at 1 be similar to vanilla?

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2021, 12:27:08 PM by Bob69Joe »
Search = 'site:cakravartin.com Hermetic Tradition'

Apogee_Freak

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Adjusted Sector
« Reply #220 on: April 23, 2021, 01:14:30 PM »

@Nerzhull_AI I didn't get a memo on what happens when you randomize core worlds with this mod but everything has been fine since I've used this. Is there any issue using randomized core worlds officially?
This is what I was referring to:
Hmmm, i never saw this error before. If you're using the most recent version of Nexerelin, there shouldn't be any problems - i'm using both Adjusted Sector and Nexerelin in my current playthrough.
In theory, it may crash if you trying to generate "Random Core Worlds" option of Nexerelin, but it won't trigger just "on main menu", so that isn't a problem.
Try updating Nex, if the problem persists, but will go away after turning off Adjusted Sector/Other mods - let me know.

You might also send this crashlog to Histidine - maybe he will give some advice.
This might be old news already. If you're randomizing the core worlds with no issues, then that's great, continue doing so.

dostillevi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 23, 2021, 01:23:48 PM »

Just a quick question. I made a large sector with the following settings:

Spoiler

"sectorWidth":328000,
"sectorHeight":328000,
"AdjustedSectorConstellationCount":280,
"AdjustedSectorConstellationSize":2000,
"AdjustedSectorConstellationCellSize":8,

"sectorConstellationRemnantMin":50,
"sectorConstellationRemnantMax":70,
"sectorConstellationRemnantSkipProb":0,

"sectorRemnantPresenceLow":1,
"sectorRemnantPresenceMed":1,

"sectorConstellationRuinsMin":90,
"sectorConstellationRuinsMax":120,

"sectorDerelictMotherships":12,
"sectorDerelictCryosleepers":20,
[close]

It felt like the sector had many stars without planets, compared to a normal sized map. Everything else appeared to generate just fine and played fine. Is there a hard cap on planet count that I may have surpassed?

Nameless

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 24, 2021, 03:28:56 PM »

I'm getting a lot of systems with planets that has 100% hazard rating with "Nothing of interest", even irradiated and volcanic world where normally that would be impossible.

Edit: If I have to wager a guess, it seems like all extra systems that got generated by this mod while the sector is larger by default contains planet has no feature since I'm seeing the systems at the edge of the map has this problem, and some also happens near the core world.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2021, 03:54:15 PM by Nameless »

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 24, 2021, 03:51:18 PM »

Tried using this and unfortunately no matter what settings I used, even default vanilla settings, it would spawn stars in the south area of the core worlds.

Apogee_Freak

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 24, 2021, 09:54:08 PM »

I'm getting a lot of systems with planets that has 100% hazard rating with "Nothing of interest", even irradiated and volcanic world where normally that would be impossible.
That happens when you set more remnants, ruins, or motherships than there are star systems. Recount how many systems you assigned, and make sure the total number is below your total number of systems.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42