Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42

Author Topic: [0.96a] Adjusted Sector  (Read 413822 times)

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
  • Do you exist in your dreams?
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Adjusted Sector
« Reply #195 on: April 04, 2021, 07:10:42 AM »

Any plans of adding the feature to adjust the amount of coronal hypershunts ?
Yes! It's gonna be the next update.

Maethendias

• Commander
  • Esteemed Warlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 06, 2021, 05:55:30 AM »

some presets would be cool

Khornaar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 06, 2021, 11:41:57 AM »

After trying to condense the same number (230-280stars, 500-600 planets) of stars as vanilla Sector (164k*102k) in a smaller (60k*60k) Sector, I've noticed that core worlds are not positioned perfectly in the center of the starmap.
It's not very noticeable when the sector is big, but on the smaller one it's very jarring.

Basically, if you disable starscape to enable grid on starmap, Hybrasil is almost perfectly in the center of the grid. But if you mentally circle Core worlds, Askonia fits to be the center more.https://imgur.com/a/LOCM9gm

It's not something this mod does, vanilla generated Sectors have the same problem. But would it be possible to do something about that? I've no idea how mapgen works, but it would be neat.

Also, after reducing ConstellationSize to 800 i've managed to cram adequate number of stars to 60k*60k Sector, but some of them generated inside core worlds. I don't constellations overlapping each other, but is there a option/parameter to make generated stars spawn some distance from core worlds?

Non-native English speaker. Please, excuse me if I butcher it.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 07, 2021, 03:57:06 AM »

2021.04.07 - 0.3.2:
- Mod no longer breaks latest version of HeavyArmor hullmod. Save compatible.
- In addition to smolsector setting, there's now also large sector preset - you can enable it manually, by deleting settings.json and renaming settings_large_sector.json in 'settings.json'.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 09, 2021, 05:25:42 AM »

2021.04.09 - 0.3.3:
- added new field, "sectorCoronalTaps" - which, you guessed it - controls the amount of Coronal Taps in your Sector. I should mention that number may differ from what you put here, because Coronal Taps have some special conditions to be met before spawning - star type, there's shouldn't be several stars in the star system, etc.
- presets are still DIY file shite, because i have very little spare time. Sorry.

LeoSCfan

• Ensign
  • I have no idea what am I doing
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: April 10, 2021, 01:47:24 PM »

Is there a way to get more planets per star?
can that be a future feature?
I have no idea what am I doing

ChrysalisThe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 12, 2021, 08:01:58 AM »

This mod isn't wholely compatible with nexerlin, is it? I played with adjusted sector and some stuff i changed within the settings file simply didn't take. For example the remnant and ruin stuff. I have only found 4 systems with remnant presence even with

Spoiler
"sectorConstellationRemnantMin":60,
   "sectorConstellationRemnantMax":120,
   "sectorConstellationRemnantSkipProb":0,
   "sectorRemnantPresenceLow":0,
   "sectorRemnantPresenceMed":2,
[close]

(yes i wanted to start the next AI-War with the [REDACTED])

Is there a way to make the mods completely compatible?

Jabroni Pepperoni

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 12, 2021, 08:44:58 AM »

Hi Nerzhull_AI

Love this mod and having been playing with it for several years. I have noticed in the mid-late game my saves becoming pretty large and starting to take a lot of time to save and load. Does this mod have a substantial impact on this (game save size and save/load times)? I have seen other threads commenting about the save game bloat and whatnot.

Any way thank you for all the work and the amazing mod!

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: April 12, 2021, 08:46:44 AM »

This mod isn't wholely compatible with nexerlin, is it? I played with adjusted sector and some stuff i changed within the settings file simply didn't take. For example the remnant and ruin stuff. I have only found 4 systems with remnant presence even with

Spoiler
"sectorConstellationRemnantMin":60,
   "sectorConstellationRemnantMax":120,
   "sectorConstellationRemnantSkipProb":0,
   "sectorRemnantPresenceLow":0,
   "sectorRemnantPresenceMed":2,
[close]

(yes i wanted to start the next AI-War with the [REDACTED])

Is there a way to make the mods completely compatible?
Mod is perfectly compatible with Nexerelin. I'm doing such playthrough myself right now.
Since you've mentioned that you have this specific problem (low amount of remnants) i request a full settings.json file from you.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 12, 2021, 08:50:16 AM »

Hi Nerzhull_AI

Love this mod and having been playing with it for several years. I have noticed in the mid-late game my saves becoming pretty large and starting to take a lot of time to save and load. Does this mod have a substantial impact on this (game save size and save/load times)? I have seen other threads commenting about the save game bloat and whatnot.

Any way thank you for all the work and the amazing mod!
What is Adjusted Sector? It's basically vanilla code with few adjustments here and there.

The only reason such thing as save file bloat could be happening, is either the game looses its *** due to how large and/or full of stuff your sector is, OR you may use some other mods with memory leak, which may work fine on default sector, but with 'big' one can cause issues way sooner than what you normally would get.

Flacman3000

• Commander
  • A man cannot put his shaft into the unknown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 12, 2021, 01:18:11 PM »

Would this mod affect planet traits being mixed I'm seeing a lot of planets with cold and mild and hot and mild mixed together is this intentional?
Some planets don't even have climates at all is this a vanilla issue? I'm on 0.91a upgraded to 0.95a with this mod and still had the issue.
Ryzen 7 2700x, 1080ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM and playing SS on a SSD - Always stay ahead because when you're ahead you're rear anatomy is open to interpretation.

Shyguy

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 13, 2021, 04:07:42 AM »

Does this mod change how far away exploration missions spawn? As it stands i've only been seeing these appear on the edge of the sector with nothing between them and the core, given how some of these are close to 25+ lightyears away at any given time is it possible to allow them to generate closer to the core?

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 13, 2021, 06:41:07 AM »

Would this mod affect planet traits being mixed I'm seeing a lot of planets with cold and mild and hot and mild mixed together is this intentional?
Some planets don't even have climates at all is this a vanilla issue? I'm on 0.91a upgraded to 0.95a with this mod and still had the issue.
I don't remember messing with planet settings - it's entirely different data portion of the game, but i'll double-check later.

Nerzhull_AI

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 13, 2021, 06:42:32 AM »

Does this mod change how far away exploration missions spawn? As it stands i've only been seeing these appear on the edge of the sector with nothing between them and the core, given how some of these are close to 25+ lightyears away at any given time is it possible to allow them to generate closer to the core?
It's mostly due to increase of the star amount, but i think quests in SS usually try to spawn at some minimal distance from core worlds. Such distance might've been increased due to sector size. I'll look into it.

JamieInRed

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 13, 2021, 11:14:45 AM »

Thanks for making this! I downloaded this after getting salty about two coronal taps spawning on one corner of the map and not even around any good planets.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 42