Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42

Author Topic: [0.96a] Adjusted Sector  (Read 414109 times)

ihugyourmom

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Adjusted Sector
« Reply #435 on: September 22, 2022, 01:25:39 PM »

Started a new game with updated mods.

Now i cant disable hyperstorms, which was my main usage for this mod.

What i have in my settings
Code
	#Generate hyperstorms options.
#"true" for generating hyperstorms for BIG map, "false" to generate default-sized hyperstorms.
#Disclameer - might not work properly in "false" state if Nexerelin isn't updated (v0.10.5 or older) but enabled
"AdjustedSectorHS":false,

I noticed the wording, not sure it had that in earlier versions. But i have since installing this addon, successfully played with HS disabled until now.

Is there a way to completely disable them?

/regards

I did some digging on my rig, and found version 0.4.2. Looking in the config file this is the HS part
Code
#"true" for generating hyperstorms, "false" to not generate hyperstorms.
"AdjustedSectorHS":false,

So clearly something have changed. My estimate is that the change must have happened from 0.5 to the newest version.

Please give the ability to 100% disable hyperstorms entirely again.

*!! EDIT !!*
I am lost.. i tried a "few" things.. including a game with only adjusted sectors and version 0.4.2 and i get hyperstorms now. Dont know what i have changed since my last playthough, where i had no hyperstorms! I updated various mods, but only nex and this one should fiddle with hyperstorms :'(

Code
if( HyperStormGen ) {
SectorEntityToken deep_hyperspace = Misc.addNebulaFromPNG("data/campaign/terrain/hyperspace_new.png",
  0, 0, // center of nebula
  Global.getSector().getHyperspace(), // location to add to
  "terrain", "deep_hyperspace", // "nebula_blue", // texture to use, uses xxx_map for map
  4, 4, Terrain.HYPERSPACE, null); // number of cells in texture
} else {
SectorEntityToken deep_hyperspace = Misc.addNebulaFromPNG("data/campaign/terrain/hyperspace_map.png",
  0, 0, // center of nebula
  Global.getSector().getHyperspace(), // location to add to
  "terrain", "deep_hyperspace", // "nebula_blue", // texture to use, uses xxx_map for map
  4, 4, Terrain.HYPERSPACE, null); // number of cells in texture
}
The above is the code that handles HS. i xchecked with the older version, and the code is simular, only the .png files are different. I tried to replace (both) with the old "no_storms.png". but sadly it didnt do anything, oddly enough seemed to ignore it entirely. I did verify that the png was in the correct folder.
I am really at a loss here. I had a old folder with the game with the 0.4.2 version, and if i play from that folder, it works!

Hoping for some input here, i might not see the forest for the trees at this point. I did notice that the new version have storms in both png's which differs from the earlier version. I searched nex mod for storms, since the text give reference to that mod, but didnt find anything.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 04:08:09 PM by ihugyourmom »

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: September 22, 2022, 04:38:39 PM »

Set "AdjustedSectorHS" to true and within "Adjusted Sector v0.5.1\data\campaign\terrain" rename "no_storms.png" to "hyperspace_new.png"(you can get rid of the old one). That's how I got rid of the storms. Personally, it seems kinda convoluted, a separate "disable storms fully" option would be nice, especially since with a true/false value you'd assume false disables the option.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2022, 04:41:50 PM by Mr_8000 »

Cpt. Longdick Johnson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 22, 2022, 11:06:52 PM »

Just tried the mod. Working properly except one thing: Bounties and Exploration mission payments do not scale at all with the new Sector Size, which kind of brakes the game for me. Is there a way to adjust this? A way to increase mission payment based on distance?

[attachment deleted by admin]

A_Random_Dude

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 23, 2022, 02:40:03 AM »

Easiest way to fix this is to play on a smaller sector map. Don't need to have a giant one in the first place anyways. From personal testing, I'd say 180k to 200k is the best.

ihugyourmom

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: September 23, 2022, 08:02:49 AM »

Set "AdjustedSectorHS" to true and within "Adjusted Sector v0.5.1\data\campaign\terrain" rename "no_storms.png" to "hyperspace_new.png"(you can get rid of the old one). That's how I got rid of the storms. Personally, it seems kinda convoluted, a separate "disable storms fully" option would be nice, especially since with a true/false value you'd assume false disables the option.

Sadly i tried that, also the reverse though keeping the false statement. And i still get hyperstorms, why i am very confused.
I also verified that i am in fact editing the correct files. I find it very confusing to say the least. I even downloaded the mod again and only made above changes.

I do agree that there should be a clear option to disable them entirely, cant be hard to make a if statement instead of using bool values.

The wording could indicate that the map size also plays a part, but not sure how, as i haven't went through the code.

Even using the version 0.42 doesnt work now, i keep getting hyperstorms. I find it very odd to say the least

NB: I am testing with default settings, and only changing things connected to HS in the settings file and java file.

Bugreport date:
Spoiler
System info:
---------------
Game version: Starsector 0.95.1a-RC6
Game resolution: 1920x1200 (59hz, 32bpp, fullscreen)
Java version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 1.8.0_271-b09 (Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM)
Platform: Windows (64-bit)
JVM RAM: 832.39 MB / 7,990.50 (7,158.11 MB free, 7,990.50 MB allocatable)
System RAM: 23,598.96 MB remaining, 32,722.55 MB total
Launch args: -XX:CompilerThreadPriority=1 -XX:+CompilerThreadHintNoPreempt -Djava.library.path=native\\windows -Xms8g -Xmx8g -Xss2048k -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.saves=..\\saves -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.screenshots=..\\screenshots -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.mods=..\\mods -Dcom.fs.starfarer.settings.paths.logs=.

Graphics card info:
---------------------
GPU Model: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960
Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation
Driver version: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 516.59
Free VRAM: 2,478.54 MB
Dedicated VRAM: 4,096.00 MB
Maximum VRAM:   4,096.00 MB

Active mod list:
------------------
Regular mods (15):
 - Adjusted Sector 0.4.2 by NerzhulAI
 - Beyond the Sector 1.0.1 by Kentington
 - Carter's Freetraders 0.7 by Dazs
 - Concord 3.5.2g by Sutopia
 - Grand.Colonies 1.0.d by SirHartley
 - Junk Yard Dogs 1.99 by Dazs
 - Modern Carriers 1.9.5d by Sutopia
 - Nexerelin 0.10.5b by Histidine (original by Zaphide)
 - Outer Rim Alliance 0.94rc1 by Tartiflette
 - QoL Pack 1.1 by PureTilt
 - Roider Union 1.4.4 by SafariJohn
 - Scan Those Gates 1.5.0 by AERO
 - Terraforming & Station Construction 8.1.5 by boggled
 - Unknown Skies 0.43 by Tartiflette
 - WhichMod 1.2.1 by theDragn
Utility mods (14):
 - A New Level of Confidence 40 2.1 by Panteradactyl
 - Autosave 1.2 by LazyWizard
 - Console Commands 2021.12.25 by LazyWizard
 - Detailed Combat Results 5.2.3 by Nick XR
 - Dynamic Tariffs 1.4 by Tuv0x
 - LazyLib 2.7b by LazyWizard
 - MagicLib 0.42.1 by Modding Community: Dark.Revenant, LazyWizard, Nicke, Originem, Rubi, Schaf-Unschaf, Snrasha, Tartiflette, Wisp, Wyvern...
 - Officer Extension 0.4.3 by qcwxezda
 - Planet Search 1.2.0 by andylizi
 - SpeedUp 0.7.2 by DarkRevenant
 - Starship Legends 2.1.2 by Sundog
 - Stellar Networks 2.6.1 by Jaghaimo
 - Version Checker 2.0b by LazyWizard
 - zz GraphicsLib 1.6.1 by DarkRevenant

[close]
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 08:22:59 AM by ihugyourmom »

TrötenUdo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 23, 2022, 10:23:52 AM »

I seem to be having the same problem. I want to adjust the Hyperspace map to my actual map size, but renaming the Mapfiles doesn't do anything. I set "AdjustSectorHS" to true and everything, but no matter which .png file i use, it always defaults to the normal sized Hyperstorm map. I reinstalled both the game and the mod several times. Everything else is working fine.

Fenrir

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 23, 2022, 12:15:30 PM »

According to my tests on the setting, I found the following tooltips wrong
"AdjustedSectorConstellationSize": 750,
This field is responsible for size of each constellation cell. You better not touch it, otherwise weird things might happen.
Vanilla Sector value: 2000.

"AdjustedSectorConstellationCellSize":7,
Increase or decrease this number to change the number of stars per constellation.
Increasing this number will result into less stars, decreasing - more stars.
Vanilla Sector value: 10
I've made a number of tries, and found that you might have claimed these two items reversely. In my observation, it seems "ConstellationSize" controls the number of stars in a constellation, and "CellSize" determines the minimum distances between two constellations.

Could anybody also do some tests or check the codes plz?
P.S. I once accidentally set Cell Size to 0 and ended up constellations stack on each other
« Last Edit: September 23, 2022, 12:22:13 PM by Fenrir »
*cough* try tossing the PK into a black hole *cough*

Cpt. Longdick Johnson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 23, 2022, 07:08:35 PM »

Easiest way to fix this is to play on a smaller sector map. Don't need to have a giant one in the first place anyways. From personal testing, I'd say 180k to 200k is the best.
Current dimensions are 204k x 106k, so something between 1.25 and 1.5 times vanilla. Reward values are still bonkers tho. Is there a way to increase Exploration payments to offset this? Will play with a 164k x 164k sector with increased star density in  the meantime, but I'd really like to get this solved since is been an issue since forever.

Cpt. Longdick Johnson

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 23, 2022, 07:14:57 PM »

I seem to be having the same problem. I want to adjust the Hyperspace map to my actual map size, but renaming the Mapfiles doesn't do anything. I set "AdjustSectorHS" to true and everything, but no matter which .png file i use, it always defaults to the normal sized Hyperstorm map. I reinstalled both the game and the mod several times. Everything else is working fine.
I found a "fix" for this, the instructions are actually wrong. The file that needs to be replaced is 'hyperspace_map.png' not 'hyperspace_new.png'.

Small clarification: As far as I know,  'hyperspace_map.png'  is responsible for what's shown in the  map tab,  it is possible that   'hyperspace_new.png'   is still responsible for the actual game's hyperspace, so replace and rename both files with your desired .png just to be sure.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2022, 03:15:24 PM by Cpt. Longdick Johnson »

TrötenUdo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 24, 2022, 06:24:57 AM »

I found a "fix" for this, the instructions are actually wrong. The file that needs to be replaced is 'hyperspace_map.png' not 'hyperspace_new.png'.

This works, thank you so much! This is probably the solution to the no-hyperstorms-problem as well?

IceFire

• Lieutenant
  • If you find typos, keep them.
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 24, 2022, 09:48:04 AM »

Spoiler
{

"plugins":{      
      "newGameSectorProcGen":"data.campaign.procgen.SectorProcGenMod",
   },
   #Change the number below to increase or decrease the size of the Sector
   #"sectorWidth":164000,
   #"sectorHeight":104000,
   #"sectorConstellationSize":2000,
   #"sectorConstellationCellSize":10,
   "sectorWidth":200000,
   "sectorHeight":200000,
   "AdjustedSectorConstellationCount":200,
   "AdjustedSectorConstellationSize":2000,
   "AdjustedSectorConstellationCellSize":10,

"sectorConstellationRemnantMin":10,
   "sectorConstellationRemnantMax":25,
   "sectorConstellationRemnantSkipProb":0.25,

"sectorRemnantPresenceLow":0,
   "sectorRemnantPresenceMed":1,

"sectorConstellationRuinsMin":35,
   "sectorConstellationRuinsMax":65,

"sectorDerelictMotherships":4,
   "sectorDerelictCryosleepers":6,

# this field controls the amount of Coronal Taps, default = 2
   "sectorCoronalTaps":5,

# this fields control the amount of Gates outside of Core Worlds, default is 15 and 20
   "minNonCoreGatesInSectorMod":35,
   "maxNonCoreGatesInSectorMod":100,

# this fields control the amount of XIV Legion-class ships you can encounter outside of the Core Worlds, default is 2, 3, 1, 2
   "XIV_LEGION_NON_SALVAGEBLE_MIN":0,
   "XIV_LEGION_NON_SALVAGEBLE_MAX":0,
   "XIV_LEGION_SALVAGEBLE_MIN":20,
   "XIV_LEGION_SALVAGEBLE_MAX":40,

#Random number of arcs apply to map
   #Vanilla value 20
   "AdjustedSectorRndArcs":20,

#"true" for generating hyperstorms for BIG map, "false" to generate default-sized hyperstorms.
   #Disclameer - might not work properly in "false" state if Nexerelin isn't updated (v0.10.5 or older) but enabled
   "AdjustedSectorHS":true,

#Accessibility will be base - 1 at that many light-years from center of mass
   #"accessibilityDistFromCOM":50,
   #"accessibilitySameFactionBonus":0.50,
   "accessibilityDistFromCOM":59,
   "accessibilitySameFactionBonus":0.59,

#If SAD is enabled, you can change the amount of SAD-themed constellations
   #"SanguinaryAnarchisticDefectors_sectorConstellationMin_AS":4,
   #"SanguinaryAnarchisticDefectors_sectorConstellationMax_AS":6,
   "SanguinaryAnarchisticDefectors_sectorConstellationMin_AS":15,
   "SanguinaryAnarchisticDefectors_sectorConstellationMax_AS":30,

#If DME is enabled, as well as random generated blade breaker systems, you can change the amount of said BB-themed constellations.
   #"BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationMin_AS":3,
   #"BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationMax_AS":5,
   #"BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationSkipProb_AS":0.75,
   "BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationMin_AS":25,
   "BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationMax_AS":30,
   "BladeBreakerThemed_ConstellationSkipProb_AS":0,

#If Prv Starworks is enabled, as well as random generated Agni systems, you can change the amount of said Agni-themed constellations.
   "AgniThemed_ConstellationMin_AS":25,
   "AgniThemed_ConstellationMax_AS":30,
   "AgniThemed_ConstellationSkip_AS":0,
}
[close]

I have these settings but every rare hull i find is a XIV Legion and redacted show up at medium or hard strength right next to the core worlds. I have tried various settings and i just want to ask if i am missing something or if the aspect change has messed up the settings.

Fulmir

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 29, 2022, 04:50:48 PM »

I have these settings but every rare hull i find is a XIV Legion and redacted show up at medium or hard strength right next to the core worlds. I have tried various settings and i just want to ask if i am missing something or if the aspect change has messed up the settings.

The Remnant thing is because you've got "sectorRemnantPresenceLow" set to 0. Set it to 1 and you'll get Low danger Remnant systems again.

The Legion ships are... I dunno there. At a guess set some non-0 values for the "XIV_LEGION_NON_SALVAGEBLE_MIN" and MAX.

Khaos

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 29, 2022, 09:40:42 PM »

The Legion ships are... I dunno there. At a guess set some non-0 values for the "XIV_LEGION_NON_SALVAGEBLE_MIN" and MAX.

The "XIV_LEGION_NON_SALVAGEBLE_MIN" and "MAX" settings are independent of rare ships encountered in randomly generated derelict ships. It is literally a category of its own. It does not influence rare ship drops in your game; it adds X number of XIV Legions to your sector upon generating the game.

IceFire

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 01, 2022, 07:29:53 AM »

The Remnant thing is because you've got "sectorRemnantPresenceLow" set to 0. Set it to 1 and you'll get Low danger Remnant systems again.

It appears so obvious now. Its either 1 or 0. Thanks.

The "XIV_LEGION_NON_SALVAGEBLE_MIN" and "MAX" settings are independent of rare ships encountered in randomly generated derelict ships. It is literally a category of its own. It does not influence rare ship drops in your game; it adds X number of XIV Legions to your sector upon generating the game.

I reread the amount of XIV Legion that spawn and noticed how high i set the value, it seems that i loaded one of my test settings.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2022, 07:31:53 AM by IceFire »

IceFire

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 03, 2022, 01:18:25 PM »

Are the ruines values in percent or do they follow the bigger the more.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 02:41:15 AM by IceFire »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 42