Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: New music for Galatia Academy (06/12/24)

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: [0.97a] Persean Chronicles, a quest mod  (Read 145373 times)

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
Re: [0.97a] Persean Chronicles, a quest mod
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2024, 12:07:30 PM »

- Recompile to fix the end of the Riley quest crashing.

I wanted to finish 3.1.0 soon after 0.97a released, but got distracted working on other things instead. In the meantime, here's a belated hotfix so it's at least playable.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Managers: SMOL & TriOS | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Seti

• Ensign
  • A friendly AI core
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2024, 11:22:04 AM »

Hi! I want to work on my own mod, and trying to add quests and something else, i looked at your file and i dont understand some things, is it possible for me to have some contact with you to help me understand how to add quests like you have done? I will credit you if i upload it
Can you help me buy some milk?

Wispborne

• Captain
  • Discord: wispborne
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2024, 11:25:52 AM »

Hi! I want to work on my own mod, and trying to add quests and something else, i looked at your file and i dont understand some things, is it possible for me to have some contact with you to help me understand how to add quests like you have done? I will credit you if i upload it

I strongly advise against trying to do quests the way I did. You should instead read https://fractalsoftworks.com/2023/11/13/you-merely-adopted-rules-csv-i-was-born-into-it/.

I spent a very, very long time building a custom quest system that's meant for me only, mostly because I enjoyed it. Trying to use it will take more time and be buggier than just learning to use rules.csv.
Mod: Persean Chronicles | Mod Managers: SMOL & TriOS | Tool: VRAM Estimator | Tool: Forum+Discord Mod Database | If I'm inactive for 3 months, anyone can use any of my work for anything (except selling it or its derivatives).

Seti

• Ensign
  • A friendly AI core
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2024, 11:32:28 AM »

I strongly advise against trying to do quests the way I did. You should instead read https://fractalsoftworks.com/2023/11/13/you-merely-adopted-rules-csv-i-was-born-into-it/.

I spent a very, very long time building a custom quest system that's meant for me only, mostly because I enjoyed it. Trying to use it will take more time and be buggier than just learning to use rules.csv.

So from what i understand I need: rules.cvs, portraits, and procgen if i want to add something custom?
Can you help me buy some milk?

WREN_PL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: April 05, 2024, 04:00:51 PM »

Hi, I've got a bug to report, after re-living the fight against the hegemony captain, my next battle opened on similarly small space map.

See attachment.

WREN_PL

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: April 05, 2024, 04:34:14 PM »

Reloading the game fixed it

CV514

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: April 30, 2024, 04:48:25 PM »

So, I've picked up Karengo at some pirate station bar.
Then I've destroyed it, as a colony threat.

And now "The Dragonriders" quest is asking me return passionate youth to a place that no longer exists.

I don't know how if he's supposed to show up on pirate stations at all, but I suggest to accept any independent colony as valid quest completion drop off point.

Vundaex

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 06, 2024, 07:22:43 AM »

The dive mission was so cool, almost disappointed it was so short.
I got the riddles right the first time, so I'm curious what would have happened if I took the wrong directions.

DrinkingDeuterium

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 24, 2024, 10:43:39 PM »

Small bug for Karengo III, the telos outpost can spawn on inhabited planets (such as Favonius from UAF) The quest works just fine, it's just a little weird having it describe evidence of orbital bombardment and ruined buildings on an already inhabited world.

Seamus Donohue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 16, 2024, 12:35:44 PM »

BUG REPORT

In spoiler block, as this pertains to a recently-discovered lost colony.

Spoiler
If the Lost Colony on Sentinel (vanilla Starsector content, if I remember correctly) is discovered early on, then the quest to transport Riley to her dying father within 30 days can randomly select Sentinel as the destination.  Narratively, this makes no sense whatsoever as Riley grew up before the game starts, but Sentinel was found by the player after the game starts.  If Riley had grown up on Sentinel, then she would either still be there OR would have alerted the Hegemony to Sentinel's need for rescue.

Possible fixes:
1) If the randomly-selected destination planet is named "Sentinel", then go back to random selection.
2) Randomly select only from the set of Hegemony colonies that are within 15 light years of the Hegemony's largest colony.
[close]
Polyvessel Pilot, Capsule Cleared
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]