Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: How to defeat El Psi ?  (Read 4194 times)

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
How to defeat El Psi ?
« on: November 08, 2019, 05:35:00 AM »

So for those of you familiar with the weapon and ship pack mod, there are unique bounties given by the IBB. One of those is "El Psi" who is in control of a massive sporeship and [REDACTED] fleet.
Any advice on how to defeat him ? My AI ships always keep on being scared of approaching the sporeship and never get in range to fire while getting destroyed from long range (despite eliminate order). And worst of all is once the domain drones are destroyed because my bloody officers don't want to go anywhere near the flagship the [REDACTED] ships start coming in and overwhelming us.
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: How to defeat El Psi ?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 05:51:12 AM »

First step, aggressive officers. Pretty obvious. If your current ones are too cowardly, get some aggressive ones. Give them some good ships.
For specifically the spore ship, you want a Paragon and Astral combo. Paragon can tank for days and is really long ranged with beams (and sporeship has no shields!), while Astral can blast it back to the stone age in no time.

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 05:57:35 AM »

Yes, nearly all my officers are agressive (thank god the Borken mod exists) and yes it seems like I'll have to go full paragon spam to be able to hold off the sporeship. Now for the astrals, which bomber would work best ? Full trident or maybe piranhas spam ?
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2019, 10:00:55 AM »

Sporeship dies to Odyssey with tach lances. Just be careful to disengage and vent flux

Rest of the fleet fights off the remnant and derelict drones (some paragons and an astral with 2 longbow 4 trident and squalls)

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 10:15:49 AM »

I tried yesterday but I think I made a mistake by having fleet size on 700, I also made the mistake of putting plasma cannons and auto pulse lasers on all of the paragons. Anyways I think the idea of plowing through the drones with an Odyssey has potential. I'll have to try it.

ANGRYABOUTELVES

• Admiral
  • AE ALTADOON GHARTOK PADHOME
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 07:47:21 PM »

The big weakness of the Sporeship is that it has no shields. Tons of armor, but no shields. A fast battlecruiser with long-range beams can get on the side and start tearing the modules off. Something like an Odyssey with Tachyon Lances or High Intensity Lasers, or the IBB Yamato. The rest of your fleet does need to be able to stand up to massive swarms of remnant and derelicts, and even then you're probably going to lose some ships. I recommend bulky line capitals like Paragons or Onslaughts backed up by bomber spam.

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 04:24:41 AM »

Okay, I finnally killed that scoundrel. That took me a few attempts mist of which were because I didn't have enough ships to fight the remaining enemies once the sporeship got destroyed, my paragons with aggressive officers never wanted to get in range so I had to resort to luring the sporeship to the bottom of the map and use a Pandemonium from DA and drift with the flicker core into it's back after loosing both of my odysseys, but I finally got him. If only we had some sort of kamikaze order where the AI will try to get as close as possible to the target without worrying about any other enemies around or the strength of the target I could've won this much sooner.

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 10:09:12 AM »

Okay, I finnally killed that scoundrel. That took me a few attempts mist of which were because I didn't have enough ships to fight the remaining enemies once the sporeship got destroyed, my paragons with aggressive officers never wanted to get in range so I had to resort to luring the sporeship to the bottom of the map and use a Pandemonium from DA and drift with the flicker core into it's back after loosing both of my odysseys, but I finally got him. If only we had some sort of kamikaze order where the AI will try to get as close as possible to the target without worrying about any other enemies around or the strength of the target I could've won this much sooner.

Kamikaze = Reckless Officer + Eliminate Order

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2019, 10:11:46 AM »

Quick Question.. Does El Psi have NOVAs if you have SEEKER installed?

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2019, 12:05:22 PM »

All IBB fleets are generated basing on faction fleet generation. For example, a Tri-Tachyon deserter will have access to everything Tri-Tachyon has access to, including ships from other mods. And El Psi's fleet can have any Remnant or Explorarium ship that you've added to your game, including Novas.

Sinigr

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2019, 08:26:45 AM »

There is one way for all issues: just take paragon.
"officerMaxLevel":29,
"officerAIMax":36,
"maxOfficersInAIFleet":36
"tier1StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier2StationOfficerLevel":29,
"tier3StationOfficerLevel":29,
Try to hunt it! ;)
https://i.imgur.com/gXIAgGy.png

Tackywheat1

• Commander
  • Paragon is Perfection
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2019, 09:28:44 PM »

All IBB fleets are generated basing on faction fleet generation. For example, a Tri-Tachyon deserter will have access to everything Tri-Tachyon has access to, including ships from other mods. And El Psi's fleet can have any Remnant or Explorarium ship that you've added to your game, including Novas.

Oh geez. Multiple NOVAs and the sporeship.... sounds terrifying... considering that a NOVA can take down a paragon easy.