Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: question about custom factions and ship renown mods  (Read 936 times)

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
question about custom factions and ship renown mods
« on: November 11, 2019, 05:42:58 AM »

i am quite new to using mods with starsector even though i've played the game for some time. i've recently watched more youtube lets plays of this game from smaller youtube channels and two things caught my attention:

1) custom factions:

even though i really like the vanilla factions compared to some videos i've seen with tons of modded factions my mostly vanilla playthrough seems kind of bare bones now. can i add those custom faction mods to my existing save or do i need to start a new run/sector for it. also would you recommend i don't use some of them (due to instability or the like)

2) ship renown / experience

in one video i saw a mod that added legendary ships (with custom hullmods or something) and ship renown / xp so those veteran ships get some bonus. or even just displays it i'd be fine with that. anyone know which mod thats from and can i add it to a existing run?

Sinosauropteryx

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: question about custom factions and ship renown mods
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 06:08:07 AM »

1, I'm pretty sure every faction mod requires a new save. Spawning the planets and systems that are populated with the factions is only done during new game sector generation.

2, it sounds like you're looking for Starship Legends. And I believe that one is save-game compatible.

n3xuiz

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: question about custom factions and ship renown mods
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 09:30:45 AM »

thanks for the quick answer!

guess i'll finish my current run first but i already added the legends mod and it does indeed work with existing saves.