Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hyperdrive v2.5.2 - A fleet ability for instant long distance travel  (Read 319749 times)

Negitive

• Ensign
    • View Profile

(Spoilers for some of the Nexerlin Story Ahead)

Hey, love the mod, was wondering if you'd consider a minor addition when used in conjunction with Nexerlin, specifically when the player chooses to ally with the
Spoiler
Midnight Dissident and therefore the Remnant
[close]
since that conflicts pretty heavily with the current method of unlocking the hyperdrive.

I'd reccomend having it unlock after doing the
Spoiler
showdown quest from the midnight dissident
[close]
since that is probably a little later than one would normally unlock it. (This unlock condition would be in addition to the current one, not instead of)

No idea how feasible this is to add in, not a modder myself, so feel free to call me a moron if this is impossible!
High tech best tech.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

I wasn't aware of that Nex feature, thanks for bringing it to my attention! I like your suggestion, but I'll have to learn more about how that all works (in terms of both code and lore) before deciding what to do. Hopefully it'll work out!

Tito

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Is it possible to make it so i can jump even while carring mothballed ships?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

It's not possible, but it should be. I'll change things so that mothballed ships won't prevent you from jumping if "crConsumptionMult" is set to 0

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hyperdrive 2.1.1 - Fast and engaging long distance travel
« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2023, 07:26:18 AM »

Hyperdrive 2.3.0
Not save-compatible with versions prior to 2.0.0

- Added LunaSettings integration
- Added a means of unlocking the hyperwarp ability by working with a certain AI from Nexerelin
- Added a setting to toggle whether or not the above is enabled
- Improved the "crConsumptionMult" setting to properly support values of 0
- Improved the "SensorProfileIncrease" setting to properly support values of 0

Arthur_The_Ok

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Had this happen after pressing W

8524329 [Thread-3] ERROR hyperdrive.ModPlugin  - null
    hyperdrive.CampaignScript.advance(CampaignScript.java:166)
    com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignEngine.advance(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.advance(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
    com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
    java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Thanks for letting me know! I'm having trouble reproducing this error and determining how it could happen, but the stacktrace you provided tells me enough to at least add a failsafe. Pretty sure I'll be able to get a patch out tonight.

edit: Ok, got it. I was overlooking something simple caused by a non-default setting.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2023, 05:04:23 PM by Sundog »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 06, 2023, 05:39:30 PM »

Hyperdrive 2.3.1
Not save-compatible with versions prior to 2.0.0

- Fixed a crash that could occur under certain conditions after pressing the throttle key (W by default)

Argonaut

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Not going to anxiously ask whether this is going to be updated for 0.96 soon, or whether it already works. However i wanted to (re)state that that i cannot play without this mod and passionately wish it was vanilla!

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Heh. Yeah, it will *probably* work fine with 0.96a if you change the version in mod_info, but I can't guarantee it...
I'm trying to get all my mods updated properly, but I'm very busy with RL things at the moment. I should be mostly done before next weekend.

Negitive

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 07, 2023, 04:53:05 PM »

Just saw the 2.3.0 update which added my Nexerelin suggestion, wanted to say thanks, you're an awesome dev and I love the mod, here's hoping it works for 0.96a so I can use it in my upcoming campaign! (It should be compatible right? The update changed a lot, but not much that would screw with Hyperdrive, except *maybe* the new Hyperspace topography things, but I doubt it)
High tech best tech.

Superharem

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Changed the version to 0.96 and so far it has worked smoothly without any issue.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: May 07, 2023, 08:14:37 PM »

Hyperdrive 2.3.1

Please note that this version has not yet been thoroughly tested with Starsector 0.96a

- Updated for Starsector 0.96a
- Updated LunaLib support to take advantage of new features
- Added a setting to toggle whether or not the ability can be activated with mothballed ships in your fleet
- Reduced default fuel consumption multiplier from 2 to 1.5

Just saw the 2.3.0 update which added my Nexerelin suggestion, wanted to say thanks, you're an awesome dev and I love the mod, here's hoping it works for 0.96a so I can use it in my upcoming campaign!
It was a great suggestion!  ;D

(It should be compatible right? The update changed a lot, but not much that would screw with Hyperdrive, except *maybe* the new Hyperspace topography things, but I doubt it)
I don't *think* there is any sort of gameplay conflict between hyperdrive and 0.96a, but honestly I still don't know much about 0.96a yet, so I can't say for sure. Hoping to get some time to do more playtesting soon!  :)

Argonaut

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Thanks! I personally use with 1.0 CR and fuel consumption and 0.8 mission time as i really hate normal HS navigation and i'm not a huge fan of mission time limits. (I already add difficulty elsewhere by using the spacer start, increasing ship costs to 4.0 and setting exp gain to 0.1 in Starsector's INI.) I then enable full npc use of hyperdrive too and add 0.1 consumption in normal space while lowering the distance of jumps to 0.3. It removes dead times and adds exciting interactions with enemy fleets and patrols for a two tier improvement in gameplay for me.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2023, 10:15:35 AM by Argonaut »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Sounds a lot like the default settings when I first released this mod. Think I might change it to something like that for my current game. I miss pirates and other hostile faction fleets warping to intercept me...
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13