Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hyperdrive v2.5.2 - A fleet ability for instant long distance travel  (Read 315072 times)

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hyperdrive v2.1.1 - Fast and engaging long distance travel
« Reply #120 on: November 03, 2021, 06:28:28 PM »

Real talk, thank you for this mod.  There should've been something like this in the main game (Alex, seriously!  This is some chef-kiss QoL stuff)...
The next major main game update will add Slipstream "highways" to hyperspace, should make travelling un-modded a bit faster.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: November 04, 2021, 07:03:39 PM »

Do I need to do some mission to get this ability? I definitely saw the AI use it, but I don't have unlocked the ability. Is it meant to be unlocked somewhere? Maybe the problem comes from other mods I have installed?
No mission. It's unlocked by default. It might not be showing up because there's no room left in the ability toolbar. Is it not showing up in the list of all available abilities that's displayed when you re-assign an ability slot?

Real talk, thank you for this mod.  There should've been something like this in the main game (Alex, seriously!  This is some chef-kiss QoL stuff)...
The next major main game update will add Slipstream "highways" to hyperspace, should make travelling un-modded a bit faster.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to that a lot!  I'm curious to see how this mod will interact with it.

Prifiglion

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: November 05, 2021, 01:07:38 PM »

Oh my god it worked
Thank you so much

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 16, 2022, 07:46:07 PM »

Hah, it seems there is a config file for this mod as well. Checked it after seeing the extensive config options you've provided for your other mod, and thankfully, it is there!

Is it possible to temporarily disable the auto-alignment / burn throttle function automatically if the ability is disabled due to interference? It's more of a QoL request, but not really necessary to be honest.

Thank you for the mod  :)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 07:49:27 PM by lyravega »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 16, 2022, 10:08:09 PM »

You're welcome for the mod  :)

That's a good QoL idea. It is rather annoying when the throttling slows you down pointlessly. I wouldn't want to make it an option that's enabled by default (because it could be confusing, interrupt direct input control, and potentially cause spam or inconsistency with the throttle on/off messages), but I'll see what I can do about adding it as a non default option. No promises!

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 16, 2022, 10:30:58 PM »

...No promises!
Ok! By the way, nowhere in the OP it is stated that the mod has a settings / config file, and is customizable, for your information! (you mention it in your first reply, but skimming through the OP, I was under the impression that the mod is delivered as-is without any options)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 16, 2022, 10:59:46 PM »

Good point... Fixed!

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2022, 10:14:25 PM »

I'd like to point out that my old idea to bind throttle to 'W' (just like 'S' slows down the player's fleet) and disable auto throttling would also solve this issue.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hyperdrive 2.1.1 - Fast and engaging long distance travel
« Reply #128 on: February 14, 2022, 09:33:28 PM »

Hyperdrive 2.2.0

The changes in this update are fairly major, so I think they warrant an explanation. With the introduction of slipstreams, sensor ghosts, and more threats in hyperspace, I feel that the original intention of this mod (to bypass hyperspace travel entirely) subverts too much interesting vanilla gameplay. Some of the balancing measures meant to counter the benefits of cheap, instantaneous travel also caused some issues. This update is intended to make those measures unnecessary, and to change the hyperwarp ability into something that is unlocked by the player, and generally only used in urgent situations. By editing the options file, it is still possible to use this mod as it was before.

Changed the default configuration quite a bit:
   Hyperwarp is no longer available at the start of a new game. It must be unlocked by doing a thing
   NPC fleets can no longer use Hyperwarp, except for remnants
   Time limits for travel-intensive missions are no longer reduced by 50%
   Twice as much fuel and CR is consumed upon use
   Fleet interference range increased by 25%
Added new settings controlling when the player unlocks Hyperwarp:
   unlockedByDefault
   unlockedByDestroyingRemnantCapital
Added new settings that control which factions may use Hyperwarp:
   availableToRemnants
   availableToPirates
   availableToIndependents
   availableToPlayerFaction - Only if the player has unlocked the ability
   availableToNpcFactions - Includes any other faction you can view in the intel tab
   availableToOther - All other factions, including secret ones added by mods. Setting to true may cause compatibility issues
   These settings take effect when fleets spawn, so changes may take time to take effect
Added a new setting (throttleOnlyWhenAbilityIsUsable) that prevents your fleet from slowing down unnecessarily when Hyperwarp is unavailable. Off by default
Fixed the estimated supplies consumed per use being somewhat inaccurate
Changed: Settings are now re-loaded each time a save is loaded

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hyperdrive 2.1.1 - Fast and engaging long distance travel
« Reply #129 on: March 14, 2022, 04:21:20 PM »

Hyperdrive 2.2.1
Not save-compatible with versions prior to 2.0.0

Fixed an incompatibility with Vayra's Sector's "bountyDuration" setting, which resulted in 1 day long bounties
Fixed sometimes displaying a hint message at inappropriate times
Added "minBurnLevelToJump" setting (values lower than 3 may result in graphical issues)

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile

Sir, can you allow me to translate this mod into Chinese and update it to the Chinese Starsector Forum(https://fossic.org)?
Thank you very much.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Please feel free to translate any of my mods. Thanks for your hard work!

MeinGott

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello there, I cleared the Red Planet quest and while doing it I 'did the thing' as stated in a prerequisite. It did not unlock hyperdrive. Do garrison encounters do not count toward fulfiling the condition?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hmm, yeah, It doesn't work for the red planet fight or any other type of garrison encounter, as you suspected.  Sorry for lying to you in the mod description!  I'll fix that now, but I think I'll keep the mod as-is.  I don't want to clutter up the dialogue for the red planet fight.

GirlRat

• Ensign
    • View Profile

There's now slipstreams and stuff, but I feel like this is still pretty damn essential. The storms are a big annoyance and travel is too dull and tedious to be considered good gameplay. Glad it's up to date
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 13