Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hyperdrive v2.5.2 - A fleet ability for instant long distance travel  (Read 315015 times)

Euripides

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hyperdrive v2.1.0 - Fast and engaging long distance travel
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2021, 08:58:38 AM »

one of the best gameplay changing mods by a mile

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2021, 05:12:44 AM »

I find the ability bar saturated as it is. Had to get rid of Interdiction Pulse for it and immediately regretted, since I needed that to bully a big bounty fleet.

1. Could warp be bound to a key or have W make the jump automatically once it sets the right throttle?

2. Is there a way to reduce minimum burn required for the warp?

The quality of life changes this mod brings to the game is priceless by the way.

giganticats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2021, 02:24:36 PM »

i cant figure out how to activate it, i cant find the hyperspace button in the commands ether

giganticats

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 22, 2021, 04:39:24 PM »

never mind i figured it out, when using nexerelin, fuel siphoning and supplies forging at the same time it doesnt show

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2021, 06:38:40 PM »

one of the best gameplay changing mods by a mile
The quality of life changes this mod brings to the game is priceless by the way.
Thanks, guys!  ;D

1. Could warp be bound to a key or have W make the jump automatically once it sets the right throttle?
A hotkey is possible, but I prefer to stick to vanilla conventions as much as I can. Do you know you can switch between ability bars with Ctrl+1~5? That might help. I tend to keep rarely used abilities like neutrino detector, fuel siphoning and interdiction pulse in the second bar.

No, sadly. The minimum burn speed/jump distance is hard coded because the hyperwarp animation spans nearly the full length of the minimum jump distance. If it were much shorter your fleet would actually move further away from the destination when it teleports, due to the distance it travels beforehand and afterward.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 23, 2021, 01:30:16 AM »

A hotkey is possible, but I prefer to stick to vanilla conventions as much as I can. Do you know you can switch between ability bars with Ctrl+1~5? That might help. I tend to keep rarely used abilities like neutrino detector, fuel siphoning and interdiction pulse in the second bar so screw vanilla conventions.
I got pane switching bound to the keys after 9 for quicker access and it is still too uncomfortable.
There is no need to get rid of the ability button, I'd just like to have a key bind option, lets say E, please.
Besides speed throttle on W is already a configurable immersion breaking key bind outside the ability bar.

No, sadly. The minimum burn speed/jump distance is hard coded because the hyperwarp animation spans nearly the full length of the minimum jump distance. If it were much shorter your fleet would actually move further away from the destination when it teleports, due to the distance it travels beforehand and afterward.
That probably won't break anything on my end as I upped the travel distance to a lightyear/burn level for two reasons:
a) Warp is really good for hopping great distances especially in hyperspace and the default 0.5 setting is a limiting factor even for small sectors.
b) I wanted to prevent precision jumps from NPC fleets onto my face and 1ly intervals feel perfect for that. Warp should be a utility, not a superweapon.
So could you not hardcode it by any chance?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2021, 05:41:00 AM »

That probably won't break anything on my end as I upped the travel distance to a lightyear/burn level
That's a good point. I should probably automatically adjust the minimum burn speed/jump distance to account for custom settings.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2021, 04:17:20 AM »

That's a good point. I should probably automatically adjust the minimum burn speed/jump distance to account for custom settings.
Much appreciated!
Would you mind adding a customizable hotkey for warping, please? Only if it is not too much trouble, of course. Q as default would work as it is not used for anything in-game.
ps. Oh, this is great news, indeed! That way I could push max warp multiplier even higher, lets say up to 3ly/burn while still being able to warp only 3 lightyears if needed. Wow, can you imagine reserving max burn for a completely different multiplier that allows warps even further? Nah, I'm asking too much in my overexcitement. Hotkey, lower minimum burn, that's already better than awesome.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 04:27:35 AM by Szasz »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 26, 2021, 08:19:10 AM »

Why not just rebind the key for using the last ability slot from 0 to Q? I'm not going to add a feature that subverts the game's UI principles just so people can use the hyperwarp ability without having it on the ability bar.

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 26, 2021, 09:56:25 AM »

Why not just rebind the key for using the last ability slot from 0 to Q? I'm not going to add a feature that subverts the game's UI principles just so people can use the hyperwarp ability without having it on the ability bar.
Because I have Transverse Jump on 0 and doing so would still make me a slot shorter. The emphasis is not on moving something to Q.

Out of curiosity what is the logic behind W? This mod requires two buttons, one of them is already not and cannot be put on the ability bar, yet it's use is mandatory with the Sensors skill since there is no other way to set the correct jump distance with the increased slow movement speed to at least 6.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 26, 2021, 10:39:58 AM »

W to throttle burn level is a movement control, like S to move slowly. It is not a campaign ability, nor does it resemble one in any way. You're drawing a false equivalency for purely rhetorical purposes. I will not add a special hotkey for activating the ability and I will not discuss it any further.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hyperdrive 2.1.1 - Fast and engaging long distance travel
« Reply #101 on: April 26, 2021, 11:19:45 AM »

Hyperdrive 2.1.1

Fixed hyperwarp being usable in the vicinity of allied fleets even when the faction of the allied fleet was not known
Changed: mission duration reductions now apply to dead drop missions (other new bar missions remain unaffected)
Changed: Minimum burn level to jump now scales with "LightYearsJumpedPerBurnLevel" setting in order to maintain a consistent minimum jump distance
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 11:21:21 AM by Sundog »

Szasz

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 27, 2021, 06:32:28 AM »

W to throttle burn level is a movement control, like S to move slowly. It is not a campaign ability, nor does it resemble one in any way. You're drawing a false equivalency for purely rhetorical purposes. I will not add a special hotkey for activating the ability and I will not discuss it any further.
Ah. So you consider this an ability that sits well with other campaign abilities. Why didn't you say so earlier? You seemed hypocritical without it.
The game can be played without S without any hindrance. Your mod can't. It relies on S or W or is otherwise neutered (less functional). Also incentives the player to skip the Navigation skill. These are the facts, I did not mean to imply any false equivalency,  I just did not know that the misunderstanding lies deeper.
Thanks for the update.

Shuka

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 27, 2021, 08:19:18 AM »

My bad dawg
« Last Edit: April 27, 2021, 05:55:28 PM by Shuka »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Hyperdrive v2.1.1 - Fast and engaging long distance travel
« Reply #104 on: April 27, 2021, 04:45:12 PM »

@Shuka: There's no need for disrespect. (Edit: Thanks for editing your comment)
@Szasz: I'll consider it a favor if you don't respond to Shuka's comment. I don't want an argument in this thread. The moderators have a hard enough job.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2021, 06:05:41 AM by Sundog »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13