Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hyperdrive v2.5.2 - A fleet ability for instant long distance travel  (Read 314930 times)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hyperdrive 1.0.0 (BETA) - Fast and engaging long distance travel
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2019, 10:11:04 PM »

I'm thinking of moving this to the mods subforum soon, so does anyone have any bug reports or suggestions before I do?

I like this a lot! Saves a ton of time.
Glad you like it  ;D

Too difficult for me to fine-tune the distance of my jumps, though admittedly I'm always running at 2x speed, so I just try not to overshoot (too much).
Yeah, it's a bit clunky to control burn level precisely enough to jump specific distances. Most of the time I just sustained-burn to destinations that are closer than my max jump distance.

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2019, 05:47:39 PM »

I'm always happy whenever a mod comes along that lets me spend less time in hyperspace. This is fantastic.

As other people have said though, it is pretty tedious when it comes to fine-tuning. Out of curiosity--would it be possible to aim the jump just by using your fleet's currently set destination? With point A as the player's fleet and point B as their destination, I'd imagine it couldn't be too difficult to run the numbers to try to drop the fleet out of warp as close as possible to where the player is trying to go.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2019, 06:26:57 PM »

Yeah, I'm pretty sure it could be done. Automatically jumping to the "lay in course" destination was one of the first ideas I looked into, but I didn't like how inflexible it would've been. I wouldn't want to change the ability itself to work that way, even optionally, because it would require a complete rework that would require a lot of compromises. However, you got me thinking, and I might be able to cook something up that solves the problem just as well. Let me see if it works...

Psiyon

• Admiral
  • Trippy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2019, 07:26:53 PM »

That's totally fair, I appreciate the additional clarity on that. Not sure what idea that might have sparked, but here's hoping it's successful :)

xucthclu

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2019, 11:20:37 AM »

Nifty mod, though there is a thing that irks me a bit. Sometimes, when I am traveling far distances, after using the ability, my fleet reverses for a very tiny distance and then stops in its tracks as opposed to going in the direction it was assigned.

STOLKAH

• Ensign
  • Once u go to sector you dont go back.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2019, 08:22:58 AM »

OMG! this looks amazing! THANK YOU!, i love more open world exploration mechanics! any day!
Att~ STOLK

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hyperdrive 1.1.0 - Fast and engaging long distance travel
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2019, 02:29:43 PM »

Hyperdrive 1.1.0
Compatible with all previous versions

Added a way to automatically align your fleet to precisely warp to the "Lay in course" destination:
   Press W to toggle burn level throttling while autopilot is active
   This will reduce your velocity to the amount needed to warp directly to your destination
   Added settings for changing the hotkey and setting whether or not burn level is throttled by default
Added a setting for disabling the mod through the options file: "removeAllDataAndFeatures"
Fixed limiting mission time limits prior to reading settings, which could lead to incorrect mission time limit changes
Fixed an incompatibility with old versions of Vayra's Sector that lead to a crash upon loading

That's totally fair, I appreciate the additional clarity on that. Not sure what idea that might have sparked, but here's hoping it's successful :)
Well, now you know. Let me know how it works out for you  :)

Sometimes, when I am traveling far distances, after using the ability, my fleet reverses for a very tiny distance and then stops in its tracks as opposed to going in the direction it was assigned.
This will happen when the left mouse button isn't down at the end of a warp and autopilot isn't active. I don't think there's anything I can do about it, as it's just part of the way navigation works in Starsector. Generally your fleet will move to the last place you clicked, but in this case that will be close to where you initiated the warp. That would cause a huge backtrack in this case, so the mod resets your move destination instead. (Sorry for the late reply by the way, I wanted to see if I could do anything to smooth over this quirk)

OMG! this looks amazing! THANK YOU!, i love more open world exploration mechanics! any day!
;D
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 02:41:03 PM by Sundog »

Fantastic Chimni

• Commander
  • Chimni
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hyperdrive 1.1.0 (BETA) - Fast and engaging long distance travel
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2019, 02:35:03 PM »

Hyperdrive 1.1.0

So... your link goes to starship legends here, btw

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2019, 02:39:14 PM »

Heh, thanks for the heads-up. That's what I get for excessive copy+paste  ::)
« Last Edit: December 27, 2019, 02:40:54 PM by Sundog »

keanu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2019, 12:33:50 PM »

Just created this account to say the new update is amazing. Really enjoy the auto burn mode.

There are some points where I activate it and the text at the top switches back and forth between resuming burn and the auto burn text. Not sure why but still love the new update. It's amazing and I get around places so much faster.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2019, 02:10:57 PM »

Well, thanks! I'm glad you like the update. Welcome to the forum  :)

Not sure what you mean about switching back and forth. It's supposed to toggle each time you press W. Is it switching automatically? It should also switch off when you're too close to your destination to warp, but there shouldn't be a notification for that.

Kneight

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2019, 10:25:41 AM »

Awesome mod! I actually expected this to be more expensive, since it cuts the entire trip into nothing. ;D

Not sure what you mean about switching back and forth. It's supposed to toggle each time you press W. Is it switching automatically? It should also switch off when you're too close to your destination to warp, but there shouldn't be a notification for that.

It's random, but does happen. Tap the key once and it sort of switches several times. Happened to me in hyperspace but it tends to correct itself when going in any star system. Still very random.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2019, 02:29:41 PM »

I actually expected this to be more expensive, since it cuts the entire trip into nothing. ;D
Yeah, generally I try to prevent my mods from making the game any easier (as that's one of my pet peeves about mods), but in this case it's basically unavoidable. If warping were more expensive than conventional travel it wouldn't be worth doing.

It's random, but does happen. Tap the key once and it sort of switches several times. Happened to me in hyperspace but it tends to correct itself when going in any star system. Still very random.
Thanks for the details! I think I managed to make this start happening once just now (it seemed like W was rapidly being tapped twice), but it does seem pretty random. I couldn't figure out how to reproduce it reliably and I have no idea why it happens, but I think I might be able to fix it anyway simply by preventing the toggle from occurring more than once every 100 milliseconds or so.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2019, 03:19:23 PM »

Hyperdrive 1.1.1

Fixed the possibility for burn level throttling to be toggled in many invalid contexts (most campaign menus)
Fixed an issue that could sometimes cause burn level throttling to toggle several times when the hotkey was pressed

FAX

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Hyperdrive 1.1.1 - Fast and engaging long distance travel
« Reply #29 on: January 12, 2020, 03:55:53 AM »

This mod is good enough anyway, I really enjoy what it look when the fleet is enter drive jump, can the waves followed with hyperdrive be more Conspicuous when I open it with sustained burn? :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13