Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13

Author Topic: [0.97a] Hyperdrive v2.5.2 - A fleet ability for instant long distance travel  (Read 320499 times)

Legolas3123

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello,
would it be possible to change the button to power up the warp, which is "w", in the files to something else, and if it's already possible then where would the file be located?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hi Legolas, welcome to the forum  :)
The file you're looking for is HYPERDRIVE_OPTIONS.ini, but you can change that setting more easily by using a mod called LunaLib (https://fractalsoftworks.com/forum/index.php?topic=25658.0)

Legolas3123

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Thank you Sundog I found it ;D ;D :)
I thought that I looked thoroughly through that file too, but apparently not :P

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Glad you found it! Understandable that it would be hard to find considering how many options there are for such a simple mod. I really need to stop adding new ones...

travhill20

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Love this mod. Saves so much time, makes exploring the outer systems MUCH less of a chore.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Glad it helps  ;D

Sunshader

• Ensign
    • View Profile

Hello! Is there any way to add the hyperdrive ability via console commands?

robocat651

• Ensign
    • View Profile

how safe is it to remove the mod from a savegame?

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Hello! Is there any way to add the hyperdrive ability via console commands?
Not with console commands, but you can add it using settings by making it available by default. Easiest way to access settings is to use the in-game mod settings menu from LunaLib

how safe is it to remove the mod from a savegame?
Not safe at all, sadly. It can be disabled using settings though. Easiest way to access settings is to use the in-game mod settings menu from LunaLib. It *might* be safe to remove after playing for a while with it fully disabled, but no promises!

redvyper

• Ensign
    • View Profile

What is it like when the hyperdrive is enabled for all factions, even the pirates?

I am scared to turn it on but I am also very curious about how it alters conflict across the sector (PvE & EvE)

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

The main difference is just that you have to be more careful about letting hostile fleets detect you when they're far away, since they can jump to try to intercept you. Fleets that you're trying to flee from will sometimes jump ahead of you, too, especially if you're using sustained burn. Sometimes NPC fleets will jump if they have a long enough distance to travel, so it can be harder to intercept them (both for you and NPC fleets). This can be relevant for catching expedition or trade fleets, and it can occasionally prevent supply disruptions that would otherwise happen. And... I think that's pretty much it. It changes up the cat and mouse aspect, but doesn't have much impact on broader conflict.

rogerbacon

• Commander
    • View Profile

I don't have the ability icon among the abilities I can choose to add to my command bar at the bottom of the screen. I used to have it before upgrading. I have the ability set to be available at start in teh ini. Any idea why I can't add the icon to my commands bar?
I really miss this ability. Space seems too big now and I hate those storms.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2023, 07:56:17 AM by rogerbacon »

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Did you start using LunaLib, perhaps? LunaSettings will override the settings file

rogerbacon

• Commander
    • View Profile

Did you start using LunaLib, perhaps? LunaSettings will override the settings file
Yes, that's exaqctly what I did. So LunaLib overrides mods' settings? So I may have other settings issues I need to look at because I always tweek settings. Thanks. I'll look into it.

Sundog

• Admiral
    • View Profile

Cool, glad it was that simple. LunaLib doesn't necessarily override mod settings files, that's just how I made it work for my mods. Not sure how it works for other mods, but it's probably safe to assume that any mod using LunaSettings will give it precedence over any other type of config input.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13