Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.95.1a is out! (12/10/21); Blog post: Hyperspace Topography (10/12/22)

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: [0.95.1a] Interstellar Federation (refurbished)  (Read 61314 times)

Vandermeer

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Interstellar Federation (refurbished)
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2022, 07:36:38 AM »

I find the idea most of the weapons being limited ammo interesting as a balancing factor. I'm surprised that the unbalanced version has this.

Hypothetically, how easy would it be for someone to mod the mod so that these weapons had "infinite" ammo? Edit 2: Literally as easy as a .csv file edit
Yupp, ammunition handling is pretty well integrated into the standard game. I agree that it serves well for balancing, but also flair (rare munition adds imagination of massive projectiles), which is why I left it there for the amped up version too. Note though that ammunition capacity is still greatly enhanced in the balanced version, so I basically never run out except for serious invasion battles where enemies come around with 10 battleships and such.

Edit: Also, the quad lancer torpedo looks weird on the Auria Battleship, specifically talking about the large universal hardpoint at the center. The sheer size of the torpedoes partially cover over the 4 nearby medium mounts.

In fact, IMO the lancer torpedoes in general are quite large.
I also realized this problem, but I didn't want to change the original, since this was the intent of the author. It is somewhat better on the Antares for which I presume it was made, but yeah, they generally seem a tad bit too big.

I really like the ship designs! On a minor note, some of the weapons/ships are lacking descriptions. Some flavor text would be a nice addition  :)
I will do that when I have time next week again.

LuciusTBS

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2022, 11:08:36 AM »

wow! Never seen the original mod but im excited to try this one out!
how you integrate animation of your turret?

Ramiel

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2022, 11:11:11 AM »

Oh...this is awesome! I love it when forgotten mods are given a new life!

Droll

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2022, 02:14:58 PM »

I just realized something, the lancer torpedo has an OP cost of 12. The dual lancer mount has an op cost of 10. Is it supposed to be the other way around by any chance? Cuz the quad one has 16 which seems logical if not balanced. This was observed on the unbalanced version if that matters at all.

Edit: Is anyone else having issues autofitting the weapons of this mod? For some reason the auto-fitter is not including weapons from this mod that I have in the loadout.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2022, 02:39:15 PM by Droll »

Droll

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 03, 2022, 11:26:42 AM »

So after some messing around and some answers to this question I think it's important to mention that currently this mods weapons and fighter wings will not appear on player faction patrols, nor will they be autofitted due to missing tags on weapons_data.csv and wings_data.csv.

I would push forward the file I have but I've also done a bunch of personal balance changes across the board so it's something to be aware of for new adopters of the mod.

Malhavoc

• Ensign
  • Muscle Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2022, 06:12:22 PM »

So do you plan to add any premade Autofits to the mod? I am having a hard time deciding how I want to gear these bad boys out! XD
I CAST FIST!

Shadow Rune

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2022, 08:47:29 AM »

Really cool looking mod thank you for resurrecting it. Any plans to add Nexerelin integration? Makes it a lot easier to just pick up and start playing with the content

swwu

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2022, 11:26:31 PM »

So after some messing around and some answers to this question I think it's important to mention that currently this mods weapons and fighter wings will not appear on player faction patrols, nor will they be autofitted due to missing tags on weapons_data.csv and wings_data.csv.

I would push forward the file I have but I've also done a bunch of personal balance changes across the board so it's something to be aware of for new adopters of the mod.
Hmm...

I also edited the mod to add weapon/wing tags to allow autofits, but I also also made some other balance+graphical changes. Happy to post it here if anyone else wants to be able to outfit their patrols etc, assuming posting edits to someone else's mod is considered kosher.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2022, 11:28:11 PM by swwu »

RoboticManiac

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2022, 03:29:51 PM »

Hmm...

I also edited the mod to add weapon/wing tags to allow autofits, but I also also made some other balance+graphical changes. Happy to post it here if anyone else wants to be able to outfit their patrols etc, assuming posting edits to someone else's mod is considered kosher.
Bit late, but I'd really appreciate if you could upload it; if you're still around.

Tito

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2022, 07:41:00 AM »

Is it possible to decrease the sound and light from Cain?
Pages: 1 2 [3]