Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Class V 300% hazard planet  (Read 5505 times)

intrinsic_parity

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Class V 300% hazard planet
« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2019, 12:27:20 PM »

Refining is my no-requirements filler industry, it makes a lot more money than light industry in my experience. It doesn't need to be on the planet where the ore is produced afaik. Usually though, I have enough synchrotron cores to just use fuel production as a filler industry. Fuel with synchrotron is always profitable. If an industry makes less than another option I could put there instead, I consider that lost income. 

Megas

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Class V 300% hazard planet
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2019, 02:52:24 PM »

If Refining did not add +2 to interest, I would use it more, at least in the game when I thought Pathers were not bugged like in 0.9a.  Refining is nice to pair with Heavy Industry.

For fuel, Waystation stocks that up, and to produce enough to meet demand, I need synchrotron or alpha core in Fuel Production, and synchrotron adds +4 interest (for total of +6), which means fuel production is the only interest industry on the planet.

I played my game avoiding Pather cells at all costs (because I did not want to babysit even more than I need to).  If there is a way to prevent cells from appearing regardless of interest, I would do it.  I managed to do that once, but have no idea exactly how that happened.  Could have been a bug.

Of course, if I played another game abusing cores left and right along with the Pathers bug, none of the tip-toeing around Pather cells would matter.
Pages: 1 [2]