Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.97a] Better Colonies 1.88  (Read 440083 times)

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Better Colonies 1.7
« Reply #120 on: July 19, 2022, 03:25:37 AM »

So, uh, I get the feeling that you're not supposed to be able to do this.

https://i.imgur.com/4o19u9H.png

Figured it might have been some way to convert a officer into a admin for the people who really don't want to run off in search of one, but no. He's still a officer at the end of it. A officer with very expensive upkeep.
Good catch, lol thanks

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 19, 2022, 01:17:57 PM »

a hotfix was going to be released, but the recent blog post will cause a lot of improvements to the luddic subpopulation event i was iffy on about concerning lore.

thank you all for ur patience!

TheDukeofErl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 19, 2022, 02:43:14 PM »

I seem to be getting a non-critical error after upgrading from the old version to 1.7. I've made sure that I've deleted the previous version of the mod prior to installation of this one. It looks like there's an issue loading the AddAdminBC console command due to an issue with OfficerManagerEvent. Logs are as follows:

Spoiler
Code
31129 [Thread-4] ERROR org.lazywizard.console.Console  - Console ran into exception: 
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: File 'data/console/commands/AddAdminBC.java', Line 67, Column 53: Unknown variable or type "OfficerManagerEvent"
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:226)
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:178)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)
at org.lazywizard.console.CommandStore.reloadCommands(CommandStore.java:84)
at org.lazywizard.console.CommandStore.reloadAll(CommandStore.java:46)
at org.lazywizard.console.commands.ReloadConsole.reloadConsole(ReloadConsole.java:16)
at org.lazywizard.console.ConsoleModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(ConsoleModPlugin.java:68)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File 'data/console/commands/AddAdminBC.java', Line 67, Column 53: Unknown variable or type "OfficerManagerEvent"
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileError(UnitCompiler.java:10174)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType2(UnitCompiler.java:5424)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$12300(UnitCompiler.java:185)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$16.visitPackage(UnitCompiler.java:5115)
at org.codehaus.janino.Java$Package.accept(Java.java:3164)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType(UnitCompiler.java:5159)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType2(UnitCompiler.java:5419)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$15400(UnitCompiler.java:185)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$16.visitAmbiguousName(UnitCompiler.java:5149)
at org.codehaus.janino.Java$AmbiguousName.accept(Java.java:3135)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.findIMethod(UnitCompiler.java:7333)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileGet2(UnitCompiler.java:3873)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$6900(UnitCompiler.java:185)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$10.visitMethodInvocation(UnitCompiler.java:3263)
at org.codehaus.janino.Java$MethodInvocation.accept(Java.java:3974)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileGet(UnitCompiler.java:3290)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileGetValue(UnitCompiler.java:4368)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:1845)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$2000(UnitCompiler.java:185)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$4.visitLocalVariableDeclarationStatement(UnitCompiler.java:945)
at org.codehaus.janino.Java$LocalVariableDeclarationStatement.accept(Java.java:2508)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:958)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileStatements(UnitCompiler.java:1007)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:2293)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:822)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:794)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:507)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:393)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$400(UnitCompiler.java:185)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$2.visitPackageMemberClassDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:347)
at org.codehaus.janino.Java$PackageMemberClassDeclaration.accept(Java.java:1139)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:354)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileUnit(UnitCompiler.java:322)
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:224)
... 13 more
31130 [Thread-4] ERROR org.lazywizard.console.Console  - Failed to load command AddAdminBC (class: data.console.commands.AddAdminBC) from <path_to_starsector>/starsector/./mods/Better Colonies/data/console/commands.csv
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: File 'data/console/commands/AddAdminBC.java', Line 67, Column 53: Unknown variable or type "OfficerManagerEvent"
[close]

Judging by the reported error, and that it's only something which has an impact on the console (or seems to be, at least), I'm not really too worried about it but figured I'd just let ya know. For the time being, I just deleted the command out of the mod folder, which seems to have stymied the issue. Let me know if you need any more logs or anything in regards to reproducibility. :)

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 19, 2022, 02:54:42 PM »

I seem to be getting a non-critical error after upgrading from the old version to 1.7. I've made sure that I've deleted the previous version of the mod prior to installation of this one. It looks like there's an issue loading the AddAdminBC console command due to an issue with OfficerManagerEvent. Logs are as follows:

Spoiler
Code
31129 [Thread-4] ERROR org.lazywizard.console.Console  - Console ran into exception: 
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:226)
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.findClass(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:178)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:418)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:351)
at org.lazywizard.console.CommandStore.reloadCommands(CommandStore.java:84)
at org.lazywizard.console.CommandStore.reloadAll(CommandStore.java:46)
at org.lazywizard.console.commands.ReloadConsole.reloadConsole(ReloadConsole.java:16)
at org.lazywizard.console.ConsoleModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(ConsoleModPlugin.java:68)
at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.codehaus.commons.compiler.CompileException: File 'data/console/commands/AddAdminBC.java', Line 67, Column 53: Unknown variable or type "OfficerManagerEvent"
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileError(UnitCompiler.java:10174)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType2(UnitCompiler.java:5424)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$12300(UnitCompiler.java:185)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$16.visitPackage(UnitCompiler.java:5115)
at org.codehaus.janino.Java$Package.accept(Java.java:3164)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.getType2(UnitCompiler.java:5419)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$15400(UnitCompiler.java:185)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$16.visitAmbiguousName(UnitCompiler.java:5149)
at org.codehaus.janino.Java$AmbiguousName.accept(Java.java:3135)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.findIMethod(UnitCompiler.java:7333)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileGet2(UnitCompiler.java:3873)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$6900(UnitCompiler.java:185)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$10.visitMethodInvocation(UnitCompiler.java:3263)
at org.codehaus.janino.Java$MethodInvocation.accept(Java.java:3974)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileGet(UnitCompiler.java:3290)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileGetValue(UnitCompiler.java:4368)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:1845)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$2000(UnitCompiler.java:185)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$4.visitLocalVariableDeclarationStatement(UnitCompiler.java:945)
at org.codehaus.janino.Java$LocalVariableDeclarationStatement.accept(Java.java:2508)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:958)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileStatements(UnitCompiler.java:1007)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:2293)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:822)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileDeclaredMethods(UnitCompiler.java:794)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:507)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile2(UnitCompiler.java:393)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.access$400(UnitCompiler.java:185)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler$2.visitPackageMemberClassDeclaration(UnitCompiler.java:347)
at org.codehaus.janino.Java$PackageMemberClassDeclaration.accept(Java.java:1139)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compile(UnitCompiler.java:354)
at org.codehaus.janino.UnitCompiler.compileUnit(UnitCompiler.java:322)
at org.codehaus.janino.JavaSourceClassLoader.generateBytecodes(JavaSourceClassLoader.java:224)
... 13 more
31130 [Thread-4] ERROR org.lazywizard.console.Console  - Failed to load command AddAdminBC (class: data.console.commands.AddAdminBC) from <path_to_starsector>/starsector/./mods/Better Colonies/data/console/commands.csv
[close]

Judging by the reported error, and that it's only something that has an impact on the console (or seems to be, at least), I'm not really too worried about it but figured I'd just let ya know. For the time being, I just deleted the command out of the mod folder, which seems to have stymied the issue. Let me know if you need any more logs or anything in regards to reproducibility. :)
Thanks I have it fixed and leaving it won't present any bugs, just need to adjust the event now!

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Better Colonies 1.71
« Reply #124 on: July 19, 2022, 11:53:19 PM »

Changelog 1.71:

• Fixed the console command bug.
  • Fixed some inconsistencies regarding ownership of markets when the Luddic Shrine is planted.
  • Fixed bug with officers being taught Industry Planning.
  • Luddic Subpopulation renamed to Luddic Shrine.
  • Jangala, Mazalot, Tartessus, Hesperus, Gilead, Chalcedon, Epiphany start with this Luddic Shrine condition.
  • Pollution condition will remove the pather intrigue reduction provided by Luddic Shrine.

• Tech-Mining now hosts a tooltip indicating the EXACT amount of ruins there are left and for next month. This effect can be superseded by other mods.
  • Visiting the bars of your habitable planets will invite a Luddic missionary asking you to pledge the teachings of Ludd on your world. ;)
  • Visiting the bars of planets containing cryorevivals will allow you to recruit a sleeper officer (guaranteed 3 elite skills) every 180 days with their levels scaling on your colony size.
  • You may expend a story point to upgrade a freelancing admin to have Industry Planning provided you have it yourself as well.
  • altMouseMoveToMassTransfer is enabled by default. Allowing you to hold alt and hover your mouse to quickly move items across storages.
  • BCChangeIndustrySize is enabled by default, allowing the industry cap of population 9 and 10 to be increased by +1 leading to a total of 5 (You would still need to modify maxColonySize.)
  • BCCryosanctum is disabled by default, but enabling it to be true in the setting.json will let you construct Cryosanctums.
  • AddAdminBC [optionalTier] [optionalFaction] [optionalName], if Console Commands is enabled, lets you add admins.
[close]

Save-game compatible, might need to rebuild tech-mining or might not need to if you have other tech-mining mods.

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2022, 04:31:50 AM »

Sir, can I translate this mod into Chinese and update it to the Chinese Starsector Forum?
Thank you very much.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2022, 09:02:30 AM »

Sir, can I translate this mod into Chinese and update it to the Chinese Starsector Forum?
Thank you very much.
Ok.

Chryvrius

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 21, 2022, 11:34:38 AM »

This is probably one of the silliest questions I've asked a modder, since I likely already know the answer--

Is this incompatible with Industrial.Evolution?

mechanicalFactory

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 21, 2022, 01:41:52 PM »

I've used both this mod and industrial evolution for multiple campaigns, and have not run into any issues. It should be fine on your end, Chryvirus.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 21, 2022, 02:49:07 PM »

Changelog 1.71:

• Fixed the console command bug.
  • Fixed some inconsistencies regarding ownership of markets when the Luddic Shrine is planted.
  • Fixed bug with officers being taught Industry Planning.
  • Luddic Subpopulation renamed to Luddic Shrine.
  • Jangala, Mazalot, Tartessus, Hesperus, Gilead, Chalcedon, Epiphany start with this Luddic Shrine condition.
  • Pollution condition will remove the pather intrigue reduction provided by Luddic Shrine.

• Tech-Mining now hosts a tooltip indicating the EXACT amount of ruins there are left and for next month. This effect can be superseded by other mods.
  • Visiting the bars of your habitable planets will invite a Luddic missionary asking you to pledge the teachings of Ludd on your world. ;)
  • Visiting the bars of planets containing cryorevivals will allow you to recruit a sleeper officer (guaranteed 3 elite skills) every 180 days with their levels scaling on your colony size.
  • You may expend a story point to upgrade a freelancing admin to have Industry Planning provided you have it yourself as well.
  • altMouseMoveToMassTransfer is enabled by default. Allowing you to hold alt and hover your mouse to quickly move items across storages.
  • BCChangeIndustrySize is enabled by default, allowing the industry cap of population 9 and 10 to be increased by +1 leading to a total of 5 (You would still need to modify maxColonySize.)
  • BCCryosanctum is disabled by default, but enabling it to be true in the setting.json will let you construct Cryosanctums.
  • AddAdminBC [optionalTier] [optionalFaction] [optionalName], if Console Commands is enabled, lets you add admins.
[close]

Save-game compatible, might need to rebuild tech-mining or might not need to if you have other tech-mining mods.
So, how exactly that new mechanic works, especially money from pilligrims? I can see that going beyond 7 pather interest or having Free Port angers the pious folks, but what are other conditions?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Better Colonies 1.72
« Reply #130 on: July 21, 2022, 07:30:42 PM »

Changelog 1.72:

• Nexerelin-optional: When the Luddic shrine is being threatened by Moloch, a Luddic Church revolution WILL take place.
  • Fixed some bugs with stacking conditions when on JRE8.
So, how exactly that new mechanic works, especially money from pilligrims? I can see that going beyond 7 pather interest or having Free Port angers the pious folks, but what are other conditions?
Luddic...
Money from pilgrims scales with Luddic Church rep and population size.

Basically the conditions are:
  • Free Port
  • Actually using too much pather intrigue.
  • Pollution...
  • Hostile with the Church
[close]

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Better Colonies 1.72
« Reply #131 on: July 22, 2022, 03:34:30 AM »

Seems like Ignore option does not work for bar event with luddic priest offering to build a shrine on your planet. You have to actually go through the whole event and accept or dismiss it every time you enter the bar.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Better Colonies 1.73
« Reply #132 on: July 23, 2022, 04:23:59 AM »

Changelog 1.73:

• Fixed interaction bug with Luddic Shrine.
  • Vanilla Non-player Colonies now have a chance for their industries to be improved by Story Points. BCAutoImproveIndustry can be disabled to prevent this chance.
  • BCIgnoreFactionWhiteflag can be enabled to declare all factions' markets regardless of an entry in bc_autospfactions.csv.
  • This chance to improve their industry with a story point diminishes if they are decentralized (Independent, Pirates, and Luddic Path), already have story-improved industries, and scale on market size.
  • Nex-optional: Invading markets with a disrupted and story-improved industry will remove them. BCLoseSPImprovements can be disabled here to prevent this.

Seems like Ignore option does not work for bar event with luddic priest offering to build a shrine on your planet. You have to actually go through the whole event and accept or dismiss it every time you enter the bar.
Fixed!

NoTalkofLowTech

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2022, 01:42:54 PM »

How difficult would it be to enable AI colonies to actually grow? I know most have too high a hazard level to let them grow any more, but some could within reason. I noticed this when I was ten-15 *** into my game and one of the worlds had 100% growth. It would make the markets and trade more interesting if the demands and supplied changed occasionally.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 25, 2022, 01:48:01 PM »

How difficult would it be to enable AI colonies to actually grow? I know most have too high a hazard level to let them grow any more, but some could within reason. I noticed this when I was ten-15 *** into my game and one of the worlds had 100% growth. It would make the markets and trade more interesting if the demands and supplied changed occasionally.
Nex already does this to make them grow tho?

Plus if you want them to grow faster... Nex has a setting.json for nex_npcColonyGrowthMult for you to change.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 15