Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.97a] Better Colonies 1.88  (Read 440235 times)

Xenohaze

• Ensign
  • https://www.twitch.tv/taurini
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
Re: [0.95a] Better Colonies 1.61
« Reply #90 on: April 14, 2021, 09:33:01 AM »

Hi!

I'm interested in information on tech mining info and admins, but not the change for industry slot increase (already made changes to that).

And I don't find a config for industry size in mod, so, how do i remove or change slot settings in Ur mod?
If you are bored I stream at https://www.twitch.tv/taurini drop by and harass me! Usually game ive been playing lately is Starsector, Dark souls, Valheim , diablo 3

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: April 14, 2021, 02:43:02 PM »

Hi!

I'm interested in information on tech mining info and admins, but not the change for industry slot increase (already made changes to that).

And I don't find a config for industry size in mod, so, how do i remove or change slot settings in Ur mod?
It only adds +1 on size 9 and 10, just subtract -1 on your size 9 and 10 setting.

Xenohaze

• Ensign
  • https://www.twitch.tv/taurini
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #92 on: April 14, 2021, 03:54:12 PM »

Well i have different settings than that. You mean if i have 10 and 11 on last, this will add so its 11 and 12? (Just an example on size 9 and 10)

I feel that is something that could maybe be a separate mod as it conflict with what i have planned? But I understand if you don't want to make a separate one, so can you instead guide me to where i remove this feature completely from your mod?

EDIT: NVM i decided not to use it. Only wanted information on tech mining. Nothing else. And i feel its too much hassle for me and you to make it how i want. Good luck with mods mate!!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 04:02:13 PM by Xenohaze »
If you are bored I stream at https://www.twitch.tv/taurini drop by and harass me! Usually game ive been playing lately is Starsector, Dark souls, Valheim , diablo 3

Darenkel

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 18, 2021, 05:19:30 PM »

Techpriest, could you make it so we can turn off the Max Industry settings your mod introduces, in case we want to use our own?

Nevermind, apparently altering the game's settings.json overrides your changes.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 05:21:19 PM by Darenkel »

Donko

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 19, 2021, 09:22:23 PM »

In AddAdminBC.java, it seems like the "import static" is causing it to break Overlord's AddAdmin command. I don't know much about java and why multiple files using "import static" for the same thing would be an issue, but it seems to work fine with a few changes:

line 18
Code
import org.lazywizard.console.CommandUtils;
line 53
Code
        if (!CommandUtils.isInteger(tmp[0]))
line 61
Code
        final FactionAPI faction = CommandUtils.findBestFactionMatch(tmp[1]);

After these changes, you would still need to change the syntax in commands.csv from "addadmin" to something else like "addadminbc", or Overlord's addadmin command seems to overwrite it.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2021, 08:03:11 PM »

In AddAdminBC.java, it seems like the "import static" is causing it to break Overlord's AddAdmin command. I don't know much about java and why multiple files using "import static" for the same thing would be an issue, but it seems to work fine with a few changes:

line 18
Code
import org.lazywizard.console.CommandUtils;
line 53
Code
        if (!CommandUtils.isInteger(tmp[0]))
line 61
Code
        final FactionAPI faction = CommandUtils.findBestFactionMatch(tmp[1]);

After these changes, you would still need to change the syntax in commands.csv from "addadmin" to something else like "addadminbc", or Overlord's addadmin command seems to overwrite it.
Oh ty, it's in the next version if this thing ever gets an update.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Better Colonies 1.63
« Reply #96 on: April 27, 2021, 05:41:40 AM »

As far as I can find this mod no longer changes a colony's industry caps at size 9 and 10, but does set altMouseMoveToMassTransfer to true. Am I missing something or is the OPs information incorrect?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2021, 01:33:02 PM »

As far as I can find this mod no longer changes a colony's industry caps at size 9 and 10, but does set altMouseMoveToMassTransfer to true. Am I missing something or is the OPs information incorrect?
If that code doesn't work for some reason.. (which I find it still does in my build), you may always go into your Starsector\starsector-core\data\config\setting.json. Ctrl-F maxIndustries and change the numbers as you please.

FreeBubbles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 09, 2021, 09:41:05 PM »

Doesn't work - it's not showing the techmining percentage, the UI hasn't changed.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 05:51:04 AM by FreeBubbles »

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2021, 08:09:07 PM »

Doesn't work - it's not showing the techmining percentage, the UI hasn't changed.

Hmm..... I wonder if that code is broken..... If you delete the industry and then rebuild it, does the tooltip appear then?

FreeBubbles

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2021, 10:41:39 PM »

It does appear if I delete and place a construction order, luckily instantly, so I can save delete/check and reload, although it is annoying.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2021, 01:40:06 AM »

It does appear if I delete and place a construction order, luckily instantly, so I can save delete/check and reload, although it is annoying.
eh if you have console command, you can just delete the industry and rebuild it, i should probably make a console command for that.. hm.

Mr_8000

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: May 14, 2021, 04:37:17 AM »

The admin spawn weight config doesn't seem to have any effect, even setting one admin type to 100 and the others to zero leads to standard generation. Looking closer, it seems vanilla doesn't even use the "officer_manager" event anymore, it has been commented out.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: May 14, 2021, 11:38:59 AM »

The admin spawn weight config doesn't seem to have any effect, even setting one admin type to 100 and the others to zero leads to standard generation. Looking closer, it seems vanilla doesn't even use the "officer_manager" event anymore, it has been commented out.
oh no that's not good... ill have to see if there's anyway now...

Morrokain

• Admiral
  • Megalith Dreadnought - Archean Order
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 26, 2021, 12:27:33 PM »

I've tested it out, and Better Colonies is now compatible with the Archean Order beta. I've added it to the list of compatible feature mods. Thanks for your efforts on this, Techpriest!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 15