Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.97a] Better Colonies 1.88  (Read 440162 times)

sirskips

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Better Colonies 1.4
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2020, 05:55:59 PM »

Hey I am having an issue where I am still paying upkeep on the colonies I have given away. Is theis a bug from this mod? Is it a conflict you have heared of? Or maybe you know what mod is known for this issue?

DaBossWade

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2020, 10:37:19 AM »

Hey anyone know why I am getting this error when I load an existing save after I turn this mod on?
Spoiler
488539 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.OrbitalStationGD.matchStationAndCo mmanderToCurrentIndustry(OrbitalStationGD.java:426)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.OrbitalStationGD.notifyDisrupted(OrbitalStationGD.java:602)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.BaseIndustry.setDisrupted(BaseIndustry.java:1587)
   at data.scripts.GDModPlugin.onEnabled(GDModPlugin.java:150)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ModAndPluginData.notifyRunningWithMod(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
[close]
Also have these mods enabled
Spoiler
"lw_autosave",
  "timid_admins",
  "gates_awakened",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "bonomel_skilledup",
  "speedUp",
  "Terraforming and Station Construction",
  "lw_version_checker"
[close]

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2020, 12:28:18 PM »

Hey anyone know why I am getting this error when I load an existing save after I turn this mod on?
Spoiler
488539 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.OrbitalStationGD.matchStationAndCo mmanderToCurrentIndustry(OrbitalStationGD.java:426)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.OrbitalStationGD.notifyDisrupted(OrbitalStationGD.java:602)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.econ.impl.BaseIndustry.setDisrupted(BaseIndustry.java:1587)
   at data.scripts.GDModPlugin.onEnabled(GDModPlugin.java:150)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ModAndPluginData.notifyRunningWithMod(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.super(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.LoadGameDialog.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newnew.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.I.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.O0Oo.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
[close]
Also have these mods enabled
Spoiler
"lw_autosave",
  "timid_admins",
  "gates_awakened",
  "lw_lazylib",
  "bonomel_skilledup",
  "speedUp",
  "Terraforming and Station Construction",
  "lw_version_checker"
[close]
I unfortunately think this mod break saves sadly. :S I'm trying to find a way that it doesnt break saves, but very unlikely. You will need a new save.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Better Colonies 1.5
« Reply #63 on: September 16, 2020, 07:57:34 AM »

Changelog 1.5:

• All versions of this mod are no longer save-game compatible until further notice. You must start a new save for changes to take effect.
  • Added a console command: AddAdminBC that lets you add administrators of the tier system that Better Colonies use.
  • Commerce's income nerfed.
  • Commerce when Free Port is enabled will stockpile a small number of drugs and organs.
  • Techmining will now display a tooltip demonstrating how much salvage there is left for next month.
  • Fixed Version Checker stuff.

Mondaymonkey

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 16, 2020, 08:58:23 AM »

Can you add additional guaranteed 0.01% flat monthly Tech-mining efficiency bonus if Alpha AI is installed? That would make possible to reach absolute 0.00% remaining. Still would probably take couple dozens years...

Yeah, I'm a perfectionistic.
I dislike human beings... or I just do not know how to cook them well.

DubTre6

• Commander
  • Tri-Tachyon Agricultural Rep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 16, 2020, 11:20:49 AM »

Can you add additional guaranteed 0.01% flat monthly Tech-mining efficiency bonus if Alpha AI is installed? That would make possible to reach absolute 0.00% remaining. Still would probably take couple dozens years...

Yeah, I'm a perfectionistic.

I agree with and fully support this notion.
8) why fight the paragon when you can BE the paragon 8)

Bob69Joe

• Lieutenant
  • Steam: Herr Derrierr with the tiger picture
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2020, 01:10:36 PM »

Great mod.

If I may help pointing some possible features that may be bugged I will attempt to explain what I've found. So far nothing major, only a possible typo and if a certain planet type is as it is intended to be although its features differ from the description.

The typo comes from the Windy Arid world which has the unique feature Perpetual Dust Storm. The text reads, "A planet that is slowly grinded into a smooth sphere..." From what I know of English, I believe the common tense is to use "ground," is ground.

The second thing I'm bringing up is the Bombarded Lifeless world. I found one and it has a 125% hazard rating being that it is habitable and such is stated in the description, that these planets tend to be habitable. I was expecting much more hazard though. The one I found has Extreme Weather and is Hot, but perhaps it could use a unique feature that depicts the dangers of frequent bombardments.

Thanks, and take care.
Search = 'site:cakravartin.com Hermetic Tradition'

Bob69Joe

• Lieutenant
  • Steam: Herr Derrierr with the tiger picture
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2020, 02:56:59 PM »

I have another bug to point out. An azure world does not have a colonize option. Due to me using Nexerelin, the first(1.) option is to mine the planet. The planet has ruins that I can explore using option two and the third option is to construct an outpost. Nexerelin might be prohibiting me from colonizing due to their being ruins. Nexerelin always gives the choice to mine or build outposts.
Search = 'site:cakravartin.com Hermetic Tradition'

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2020, 03:10:05 PM »

Bob69Joe, while I am sure Techpriest appreciates your input, you might want to re-check the mod thread title.

Your last two posts both refer to things that are not part of, or affected by, Better Colonies.
The first one is Unknown Skies, the second one Nexerelin.

okj

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2020, 10:27:50 AM »

I don't think the 5 industry at market size >=9 is there anymore, is this intended?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2020, 09:10:23 AM »

I don't think the 5 industry at market size >=9 is there anymore, is this intended?
It still exist? You can try in a separate save with Better Colonies and COnsole Command alone and make a 9 population market.

Xypez_Gaming

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2020, 01:51:29 PM »

REcently changed settings in the main game setting, changing the planet growth to get a industry after each tier, up to 9.

After this change the mod gave me this error in the logs:
15349 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/hound/hound_luddic_church.png (using cast)
15371 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/stations/module_medium_pd1.png (using cast)
15382 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/mercury/mercury_substandard.png (using cast)
15393 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.graphics.TextureLoader  - Cleaned buffer for texture graphics/ships/wasp_ftr.png (using cast)
15545 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading JSON from [automatic_orders_settings.json]
15546 [Thread-4] INFO  com.github.isturdy.automaticorders.AutomaticOrders  - Automatic Orders settings: Settings(json={"default_damage_retreat_threshold":0.5,"default_cr_retreat_threshold":"TEN_PERCENT_PPT","log_level":"INFO","hullmod_overrides_officer_personality":false})
15546 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: D:\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\automatic-orders-0.3.2]
15547 [Thread-4] INFO  com.fs.starfarer.loading.LoadingUtils  - Loading CSV data from [DIRECTORY: D:\Starsector\starsector-core\..\mods\automatic-orders-0.3.2]
15659 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - org.json.JSONException: JSONArray[9] not found.
org.json.JSONException: JSONArray[9] not found.
   at org.json.JSONArray.get(JSONArray.java:204)
   at data.scripts.GDModPlugin.onApplicationLoad(GDModPlugin.java:26)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
------
Being at a loss of words, I have turned to here to figure out what has gone wrong. I have tried uninstalling the mod and reinstalling it, no good. Is it really because I changed the industry setting?

- Edit

Found out that I accidently deleted the last colony growth industry count, thus messing with the mod. Laving the comment here in case theres others that get lost in the editting.

- Xypez
« Last Edit: November 21, 2020, 02:00:16 PM by Xypez_Gaming »

Outlander

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 05, 2021, 09:49:31 AM »

Hi there. I wanted to ask if there's any compatibility issue between this mod and Industrial.Evolution, in particular the Academy structure. It's supposed to train administrators increasing their skills, but seeing that this mod modifies the "tiers", I can't help but wonder if there would be any problems related to that.

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 05, 2021, 10:23:11 AM »

Hi there. I wanted to ask if there's any compatibility issue between this mod and Industrial.Evolution, in particular the Academy structure. It's supposed to train administrators increasing their skills, but seeing that this mod modifies the "tiers", I can't help but wonder if there would be any problems related to that.

Academy won't train admins with more than two skills, regardless of level. Better colonies Admins can have a second skill on a lower level, and the academy will refuse to train em - so it's a slight disadvantage. But there's no actual incompatibility to speak of, storing and officer stuff will still work as intended.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Better Colonies 1.51
« Reply #74 on: February 16, 2021, 03:07:55 AM »

Changelog 1.51 (in accomodation to 0.95 changes):

• Officers are less likely to spawn timid (all 5 personalities were given a 20% equal chance to spawn, now timid has an 9% less chance while all the other personalities were given 2.45% more chance to spawn).
  • Modified Administrator Tier Spawn Rate:
  • Tier Zero [35%->25%]
  • Tier Two [15%->20%]
  • Tier Three [15%->20%]
  • Added VNSector Support
  • Compatible with Better Colonies 1.5
« Last Edit: February 16, 2021, 03:11:12 AM by Techpriest »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 15