Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: [0.97a] Better Colonies 1.88  (Read 440176 times)

Donahue

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.9.1a] Better Colonies 1.4
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2020, 06:35:39 AM »

The changes are only to the buildings itself. The changes are meant for Nexerelin where you can invade markets with these type of industries. Cryorevival requires you to find a Domain-era sleeper ship location while cryosanctums are hardcoded to a few markets.

Okay, more Nex stuff.  I didn't know =)

You're supposed to modify maxIndustries in your starsector-core/setting.json not my mod to see the change.

Yes, I took a look at your code and you read only from the core settings. I had assumed the doctrine was to read from the mod's own settings.json as maxIndustries was overwritable. Okay.

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2020, 03:13:32 PM »

I think I found a bug.
In the (F) Fleet screen, you can hit the [?] icon for any ship and it brings up a full ship reference.
I think that your additions with this mod are shown on the list instead of being hidden. They really shouldn't be there since none of them can be purchased, sold nor ordered in orbital works.
This breaks the immersion, they aren't even formatted for that list so the entries look bad in some cases.

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2020, 08:00:42 PM »

I think I found a bug.
In the (F) Fleet screen, you can hit the [?] icon for any ship and it brings up a full ship reference.
I think that your additions with this mod are shown on the list instead of being hidden. They really shouldn't be there since none of them can be purchased, sold nor ordered in orbital works.
This breaks the immersion, they aren't even formatted for that list so the entries look bad in some cases.
what i dont know what ur talking about, this mod doesnt even touch fleet screen or ships.

explain screnshot gib

IonDragonX

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2020, 03:30:35 PM »

what i dont know what ur talking about, this mod doesnt even touch fleet screen or ships.
Please forgive me. I was confused.
The screen that I was seeing is part of vanilla. I disabled all my mods and the bad formatting was still there.

Prolbo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2020, 01:59:44 AM »

Good. Very good. Useful, logical, adequate.
There is a bit too much obligatory industries and a bit to small space to construct them. 5 industries for top sized colonies - given that after size 7+ they are become slightly ineffective - is fair. Also tooltip for rng ruins is nice.

PreConceptor

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2020, 11:59:15 PM »

So I found the conflict I was having that would crash my whole system, turns out the More Officer Skills mod's original script was causing the crashing when enabled with Better Colonies. Disabling MOS seems to fix the crashing, as does swapping out the original script with the one posted by nilanthanimosus in MOS's topic. Removing or replacing that script also seems to have significantly improved performance, just an fyi for anyone else using MOS issues might occur if you use MOS as-is with its original script and alter the available skills in the settings.

Will update if any more crashing happens, but so far it looks good  :D

SlickRickDeluxe

• Ensign
  • No pain no gain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2020, 01:09:28 AM »

I am getting a Fatal: null error when I try to run it in my current game, and I am not using any faction or bigger mod, just utility ones.

NephilimNexus

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2020, 08:50:38 AM »

So I found the conflict I was having that would crash my whole system, turns out the More Officer Skills mod's original script was causing the crashing when enabled with Better Colonies.

Are you talking about the one that gives more choices or the one that raises their skill cap?  Because you can raise their skill cap yourself in the vanilla files (though don't go past 29 max levels or it will glitch on you)

Pandora

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 28, 2020, 07:37:23 AM »

I'm running all Varya's mods, but I've built no colonies. Will it be a problem if I were to add this mod to my campaign, or should I not do it?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 28, 2020, 02:00:27 PM »

I'm running all Varya's mods, but I've built no colonies. Will it be a problem if I were to add this mod to my campaign, or should I not do it?
it doesnt matter if you haven't built any it matters if vayra's sector colonies HAD before the mod was added.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 28, 2020, 07:17:13 PM »

it doesnt matter if you haven't built any it matters if vayra's sector colonies HAD before the mod was added.
Pardon my obtuse-ness on this issue, but by Vayra's Sector colonies, are you referring to factions exclusive to VS, or any and all factions generated on campaign start?

Timid

• Admiral
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 28, 2020, 07:31:01 PM »

Pardon my obtuse-ness on this issue, but by Vayra's Sector colonies, are you referring to factions exclusive to VS, or any and all factions generated on campaign start?
Yes, Vayra's Sector colonies.

mrpras

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 06, 2020, 09:39:08 PM »

This mod looks like an essential for me, only I can't find the download link? I guess maybe you're updating it or something.

TimeDiver

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2020, 09:48:26 PM »

This mod looks like an essential for me, only I can't find the download link? I guess maybe you're updating it or something.
There's an image that literally says 'DOWNLOAD HERE! 7.1K' on the first page.

mrpras

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 06, 2020, 10:00:11 PM »

Thanks, one of my security plugins must have blocked it for some reason. It worked when I put it in another browser.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15