Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Author Topic: Where's Prometheus Mk II's bridge?  (Read 2639 times)

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Where's Prometheus Mk II's bridge?
« on: October 30, 2019, 12:33:48 PM »

Where is it? I assume that on Prometheus, it was the brown bit on the right, but it's scrapped in the mark two. So, how do they fly the ship? Intuition? Is there a guy connected with a wire, through the fighter bays, flying the whole thing remotely? Do they just get out and push it in the right direction? Or were you giggling and wondering when are we going to find out about this joke? Tell us, David!

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: Where's Prometheus Mk II's bridge?
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2019, 12:36:22 PM »

Couldn't they just fly by sensors in an internal command centre like any sensible combat spaceship design? :P

pedro1_1

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2019, 12:42:18 PM »

Where is it? I assume that on Prometheus, it was the brown bit on the right, but it's scrapped in the mark two. So, how do they fly the ship? Intuition? Is there a guy connected with a wire, through the fighter bays, flying the whole thing remotely? Do they just get out and push it in the right direction? Or were you giggling and wondering when are we going to find out about this joke? Tell us, David!

I think the patherns just use the advanced ship buiding course and use a citadel conected to low resolution cameras, if you don't know what a citadel is, they were the place were most of the controls of the ship are located, generaly close or including the engine room, it started apering during the mid-to late 19 century

Null Ganymede

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2019, 07:32:51 PM »

Maybe no one thought the flying antimatter piniata would ever see a battlefield or run with more than a skeleton crew, and so skipped the fancy command deck.

Inventor Raccoon

• Captain
  • Digging through trash for a hydroflux catalyst
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2019, 08:12:43 PM »

Judging by the lights, it might be underneath the left large turret. It would be fairly miserable to be commanding from directly underneath the gun, though, imagine the rumbling every time a Hellbore fires above your head.

bobucles

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2019, 08:54:25 PM »

imagine the rumbling every time a Hellbore fires above your head.
It must be like riding a motorcycle, except in space.

SCC

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2019, 01:45:33 AM »

That bit is sideways, though. Unless Luddic Path has mastered the art of kansei dorifto, I doubt this is any practical or effective.
Couldn't they just fly by sensors in an internal command centre like any sensible combat spaceship design? :P
Have you looked at any other ship in Starsector? Common sense has been outlawed long time ago.

AgentFransis

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2019, 10:09:14 AM »

mastered the art of kansei dorifto
Some Apogee captains certainly have:
https://youtu.be/lpA86ZxZAy4?t=3536

mendonca

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2019, 07:24:30 AM »

I imagine they probably sit on deckchairs bolted to the outside of the hull.

Major interfaces dealt with by dodgy hacked tripad apps.

Also possibly some kind of human interface / motion tracking device whereby munitions are launched by keen gesticulations / vigorous pointing.

"I'm doing it, I'm making them purple! No one can stop me!"

Cyber Von Cyberus

• Commander
  • Warcrimes are very profitable...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2019, 12:47:00 PM »

I imagine they probably sit on deckchairs bolted to the outside of the hull.

Major interfaces dealt with by dodgy hacked tripad apps.

Also possibly some kind of human interface / motion tracking device whereby munitions are launched by keen gesticulations / vigorous pointing.
This tech seems to be a bit too advanced for the luddic degenerates, then again I suppose hypocrisy is to be expected from space terrorists.
Diktat Admiral:"What do we have here ? A dissident ? A pirate ? Or maybe a degenerate ?"

Me:"Yes, I'm all of those."