Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 222

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1095972 times)

Pie Guy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.2.1)
« Reply #2415 on: April 06, 2023, 05:26:33 PM »

Is there a setting or config file I can change somewhere to make Tundras count as water-rich worlds (can build Ismara's sling, can terraform to water world etc.)?

I MIGHT be mis-remembering, but isn't a tundra a cold desert?
There are a few different descriptions, and that's a valid one-- what matters is that as the tundra is depicted in the game, it's covered in ice and snow. I just want to be able to use it to send water to other bodies in-system for terraforming.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: April 07, 2023, 08:48:16 AM »

Is there a setting or config file I can change somewhere to make Tundras count as water-rich worlds (can build Ismara's sling, can terraform to water world etc.)?

I MIGHT be mis-remembering, but isn't a tundra a cold desert?
There are a few different descriptions, and that's a valid one-- what matters is that as the tundra is depicted in the game, it's covered in ice and snow. I just want to be able to use it to send water to other bodies in-system for terraforming.

No, this can't be configured in the settings file. It would be necessary to edit the source code and rebuild TASC. Sorry!

Kh0rnet

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: April 08, 2023, 06:51:03 AM »

Hello,
technical question here - does terraforming a planet into a different type "reset" some default hazard modifiers?
The example that interests me is: Cryovolcanic worlds have tectonic activity by default. If I finish terraforming it into a Tundra world will the tectonic activity disappear? Will it also change "Extreme cold" to just "Cold"?

Another thing: terraforming menu into the Terran type claims that its "starting resources" include "trace volatiles". Does this mean that trace volatiles get automatically added whenever terraforming finishes into the Terran type even if there were none before? Asking this because it's sub-optimal for Soil Nanites.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2023, 07:05:05 AM by Kh0rnet »

Insolent Peon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: April 08, 2023, 09:02:46 AM »

Another thing: terraforming menu into the Terran type claims that its "starting resources" include "trace volatiles". Does this mean that trace volatiles get automatically added whenever terraforming finishes into the Terran type even if there were none before? Asking this because it's sub-optimal for Soil Nanites.

Just found out the hard way that this is the case in my most recent game. Since that particular world had heat, I ended up re-terraforming into a jungle world (same farming/organic output, no volatiles).

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: April 08, 2023, 10:38:32 AM »

Hello,
technical question here - does terraforming a planet into a different type "reset" some default hazard modifiers?
The example that interests me is: Cryovolcanic worlds have tectonic activity by default. If I finish terraforming it into a Tundra world will the tectonic activity disappear? Will it also change "Extreme cold" to just "Cold"?

Tectonic activity will not be removed by terraforming. Planet temperatures don't change either as a result of terraforming, but can be suppressed by buildings like the stellar reflector array.

Yes, trace volatiles will be added to the planet even though it blocks soil nanites. This is intentional and there's some discussion about my reasoning earlier in this thread.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2420 on: April 10, 2023, 11:32:48 AM »

Can't seem to be able to build Aquaculture on my waterworld... weird.

What exactly are the requirements? I want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious first.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: April 10, 2023, 11:39:19 AM »

What exactly are the requirements? I want to make sure I'm not missing something obvious first.

I assume you recently terraformed the planet into a water world? There's a bug (caused by core/vanilla) where this can sometimes happen - try saving and reloading your game. If that doesn't fix it, post a screenshot of the colony management screen so I can take a look.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: April 10, 2023, 12:36:57 PM »

I assume you recently terraformed the planet into a water world? There's a bug (caused by core/vanilla) where this can sometimes happen - try saving and reloading your game. If that doesn't fix it, post a screenshot of the colony management screen so I can take a look.
No actually, no terraforming at all. I'm using Adversary's system creation function to create a water world. First time on the build screen it had Aquaculture showing up, but it said "farming required' to build it. So I restarted after putting 'Adequate Farmland' onto the planet... and it still says that I need farming to build it, but I can't build the farming industry, only Aquaculture which says I lack Farming.

Now I know this might be caused by it not being a "natural" system, but still kinda odd.
Planet in question
            {
               "type":"water",
               "orbitRadius":5000,
               "focus":0,
               "name":"Aqua",
               "radius":225,
               "conditions":[
                  # List of vanilla planet conditions
                  "habitable",
                  "mild_climate",
                  "water_surface",
                  "farmland_adequate",
                  "US_elevator",
               ],
               "entitiesAtStablePoints":[
                  {},
                  {},
                  {"type":"jump_point","name":"Inner System Jump-point"},
               ],
[close]

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2423 on: April 10, 2023, 12:39:39 PM »

No actually, no terraforming at all. I'm using Adversary's system creation function to create a water world. First time on the build screen it had Aquaculture showing up, but it said "farming required' to build it. So I restarted after putting 'Adequate Farmland' onto the planet... and it still says that I need farming to build it, but I can't build the farming industry, only Aquaculture which says I lack Farming.

Now I know this might be caused by it not being a "natural" system, but still kinda odd.
Planet in question
            {
               "type":"water",
               "orbitRadius":5000,
               "focus":0,
               "name":"Aqua",
               "radius":225,
               "conditions":[
                  # List of vanilla planet conditions
                  "habitable",
                  "mild_climate",
                  "water_surface",
                  "farmland_adequate",
                  "US_elevator",
               ],
               "entitiesAtStablePoints":[
                  {},
                  {},
                  {"type":"jump_point","name":"Inner System Jump-point"},
               ],
[close]

I don't think this is related to TASC in any way. The Aquaculture building requires the water_surface condition, not the water planet type.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: April 10, 2023, 12:45:01 PM »

.... I don't think this is related to TASC in any way. The Aquaculture building requires the water_surface condition, not the water planet type.
I did think it was odd that Aquaculture would require "farming" in any way... given that it's the water world equivalent of that Industry.... think it might have something to do with Industrial Evolution?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: April 10, 2023, 12:53:19 PM »

.... I don't think this is related to TASC in any way. The Aquaculture building requires the water_surface condition, not the water planet type.
I did think it was odd that Aquaculture would require "farming" in any way... given that it's the water world equivalent of that Industry.... think it might have something to do with Industrial Evolution?

I doubt it. I think the vanilla/core implementation of farming/aquaculture isn't designed to handle situations like terraforming or custom planets with impossible conditions.

Oni

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: April 10, 2023, 01:55:21 PM »

.... I doubt it. I think the vanilla/core implementation of farming/aquaculture isn't designed to handle situations like terraforming or custom planets with impossible conditions.
Think I tracked it down, the "farming" requirement is dropped and it can be built as normal when I deactivate the 'Lobster Proliferation' mod.

... guess I know where my next stop is.  :P
Assuming that mod is still being maintained.... are there any substitutes for that if not?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: April 10, 2023, 01:56:46 PM »

.... I doubt it. I think the vanilla/core implementation of farming/aquaculture isn't designed to handle situations like terraforming or custom planets with impossible conditions.
Think I tracked it down, the "farming" requirement is dropped and it can be built as normal when I deactivate the 'Lobster Proliferation' mod.

... guess I know where my next stop is.  :P
Assuming that mod is still being maintained.... are there any substitutes for that if not?

TASC supports adding lobsters to water worlds. See the mod guide on the original post.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: April 13, 2023, 10:13:52 AM »

So, not sure if the problem is on your side, but Space Truckin' tends to have issues identifying commodities for shipment in stations founded by your mod, but it seems to not happen every time. Think you can look into it?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: April 13, 2023, 10:14:53 AM »

So, not sure if the problem is on your side, but Space Truckin' tends to have issues identifying commodities for shipment in stations founded by your mod, but it seems to not happen every time. Think you can look into it?

Sure, I can investigate. Thanks for letting me know about this!
Pages: 1 ... 160 161 [162] 163 164 ... 222