Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1071037 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.2.1)
« Reply #2370 on: March 19, 2023, 05:45:34 PM »

Found a fairly minor bug,  the "Planet Killer Device" shows up in the Historian/Person with Books list even when the setting is set to disabled.
If it is not an easy fix, a note on the main post would be nice to inform people to not buy the Planet Killer if the setting is disabled.

Thanks for reporting this! It may not be possible to fix, but I will look into it!

serinok

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: March 21, 2023, 07:58:58 PM »

Couple questions:

-Are resource deposits ever destroyed by terraforming?
-If I terraform an Arid to a Terran, and it has adequate organics already, does it decrease to the terran starting (sparse organics)?
-Are ruins modified or destroyed by terraforming?

Edix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: March 21, 2023, 08:58:34 PM »

Couple questions:

-If I terraform an Arid to a Terran, and it has adequate organics already, does it decrease to the terran starting (sparse organics)?

No, no, and no. Technically speaking, terraforming can only give planets the adequate farmland modifier if they don't have a modifier already. it does NOT remove or otherwise change deposits in my experience.

I've terra'd a barren planet all the way to Terran, and a frozen as far as ocean. No change to existing deposits ever happened.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: March 22, 2023, 06:12:15 AM »

Couple questions:

No, no, and no. Technically speaking, terraforming can only give planets the adequate farmland modifier if they don't have a modifier already. it does NOT remove or otherwise change deposits in my experience.

I've terra'd a barren planet all the way to Terran, and a frozen as far as ocean. No change to existing deposits ever happened.

Just to clarify, ore deposits and ruins are never modified, but farmland, organics and volatiles are modified by terraforming, and depending on the project could potentially be reduced as a result of terraforming.

kaoswreck

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: March 27, 2023, 03:02:09 PM »

Im just wondering, but are there plans to add some way to make a planet gain the cold conditon when it doesnt have it initially? It would help let me place down the colony item for the Supercomputer from Indevo and reducing upkeep for the keltka simulator here.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2375 on: March 27, 2023, 04:58:31 PM »

Im just wondering, but are there plans to add some way to make a planet gain the cold conditon when it doesnt have it initially? It would help let me place down the colony item for the Supercomputer from Indevo and reducing upkeep for the keltka simulator here.

No, I don't plan to implement this. I think it would make the gameplay worse. Sorry!

kaoswreck

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2376 on: March 27, 2023, 05:29:12 PM »

No, I don't plan to implement this. I think it would make the gameplay worse. Sorry!
Not a problem! Was just wondering, thanks for responding!

Texas Redhawk

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2377 on: March 27, 2023, 09:29:22 PM »

Just to clarify, ore deposits and ruins are never modified, but farmland, organics and volatiles are modified by terraforming, and depending on the project could potentially be reduced as a result of terraforming.
I learned this the hard way back when I first started using TASC - I colonized Ithaca and spent several cycles slowly maxing out its farmland and organics deposits before terraforming it to a Terran world, only for it to then immediately reset its farmland and organics deposits to -1 (as well as add volatiles, which then invalidated my soil nanites). Had planned on the terraforming be the last thing I did before dismantling the atmospherics processor, but wound up having to slowly boost up the deposits again.

Not really a bug, just a mistake on my part.

Konturga

• Lieutenant
  • Talk is cheap, but they never said it was free.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2378 on: March 28, 2023, 05:25:07 AM »

I had recently changed the domain era artifacts to the credit chips cargo .png in the base game and after playing with them a bit I was curious, would you be interested in changing the domain era artifacts to that? It still has the same domain symbol on it and I haven't actually really seen the credits design actually used in the base game.

I've included the design as a reference.
It's easier surrounded by seas,
A simple safety, Without regrets,
Until the thoughts arrive as the sun sets,
Basking the world in twilight,
As cracks in the clouds bleed golden skylight,
They seem so far away.

NeuFlaas

• Ensign
  • Not funny
    • View Profile
« Reply #2379 on: March 29, 2023, 07:19:15 AM »

Just played an hour ago, no problems. Now it gives me this after quit and saving the game and trying to load in again.

https://pastebin.com/5JqfYx7J

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2380 on: March 29, 2023, 11:21:05 AM »

I learned this the hard way back when I first started using TASC - I colonized Ithaca and spent several cycles slowly maxing out its farmland and organics deposits before terraforming it to a Terran world, only for it to then immediately reset its farmland and organics deposits to -1 (as well as add volatiles, which then invalidated my soil nanites). Had planned on the terraforming be the last thing I did before dismantling the atmospherics processor, but wound up having to slowly boost up the deposits again.

Sorry about that! When I (eventually) create the intel page for terraforming I'll make sure the tooltip is clear about what the deposits will be after a project is completed.

I had recently changed the domain era artifacts to the credit chips cargo .png in the base game and after playing with them a bit I was curious, would you be interested in changing the domain era artifacts to that? It still has the same domain symbol on it and I haven't actually really seen the credits design actually used in the base game.

I haven't seen that image before, but I don't think it's appropriate for Domain-era artifacts because to me it seems apparent that it represents currency.

Just played an hour ago, no problems. Now it gives me this after quit and saving the game and trying to load in again.

Sorry about this! Do you still have the save file where the crash occurs on startup? Can you try replacing TASC with the version at https://github.com/boggled-starsector/boggled_modpack/raw/master/alaricdragon/Terraforming%20and%20Station%20Construction.zip and let me know if that fixes the crash for you?

NeuFlaas

• Ensign
  • Not funny
    • View Profile
« Reply #2381 on: March 29, 2023, 03:58:26 PM »

Sorry about that! When I (eventually) create the intel page for terraforming I'll make sure the tooltip is clear about what the deposits will be after a project is completed.

I haven't seen that image before, but I don't think it's appropriate for Domain-era artifacts because to me it seems apparent that it represents currency.

Sorry about this! Do you still have the save file where the crash occurs on startup? Can you try replacing TASC with the version at https://github.com/boggled-starsector/boggled_modpack/raw/master/alaricdragon/Terraforming%20and%20Station%20Construction.zip and let me know if that fixes the crash for you?

Yes! This worked, thank you!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2382 on: March 29, 2023, 04:54:39 PM »

Yes! This worked, thank you!

I'm glad to hear that! Sorry for the inconvenience!

darkfowl

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2383 on: March 29, 2023, 06:28:27 PM »

Quick question since I couldn't find any mention of it anywhere besides the patch notes, but what does the galatian particle accelerator on acryra actually do?

Maelstrom

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2384 on: March 29, 2023, 08:45:20 PM »

Hey boggled, would be nice if you added city lights to every planet that has be colonized based on the population size. Atm almost every planet looks devoid of human activity appart from the orbital satellites so it would be nice if you added this to your mod. Ideally it would have to be dynamic where it replaces the texture with more lights as planets grow, and removes lights when planets go deciv
Pages: 1 ... 157 158 [159] 160 161 ... 219