Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070889 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.2.1)
« Reply #2355 on: February 03, 2023, 11:30:40 AM »

I wanted to have perfect colony clusters as one of my endgame goals, and do it in a semi-fair way with mods, and was a little disappointed that you couldn't terraform volcanic worlds (no pressure, I understand you do it for free). Could you please add a "full terraforming" version and make the current version "balanced terraforming", thank you. Also, is the radiation removal thing supposed to cost 50 mil and take 9999 days to build?

I'm considering creating a way to terraform volcanic planets for the next patch. No promises though!

No, the magnetoshield should not have those requirements. Did you edit the industries.csv file?

Yes, I edited vanilla files, made tech-mining count as a structure.

Delete the TASC industries.csv file and replace it with one freshly downloaded. That's the only way I can think of that the magnetoshield could cost that much.

I updated and that did not help, also, will building a station in an asteroid congregation with a sling in it make the colony "has large amount of water present" green in the same system, and can I get a mild climate with terraforming?

Can you please post a screenshot of the build requirements?

Yes, you can build the asteroid processing structure on any station to get water for terraforming projects in the system. Mild climate is a terraforming option you can use on the habitable planet types.

Here.

That building is from some other mod - not TASC.

StriderGunship

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: February 03, 2023, 11:33:20 AM »

Yes, I found the right one after I enabled it in the settings, thought it was yours.

Corelious

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: February 22, 2023, 10:57:51 AM »

... How do I build any of the space stations?  I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

Requiemfang

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: February 22, 2023, 02:24:56 PM »

... How do I build any of the space stations?  I cannot for the life of me figure it out.

there are skills for that, need to set them to the skill bar

MenacingCaptain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: February 26, 2023, 04:37:09 PM »

I think I've encountered a bug
I try to construct the hypershunt in a binary system (blue giant + yellow star) however, the tooltip says that there is no blue giant in the system.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: February 27, 2023, 06:09:27 AM »

I try to construct the hypershunt in a binary system (blue giant + yellow star) however, the tooltip says that there is no blue giant in the system.

Are you using any mods that effect sector generation and/or add star types, such as Unknown Skies?

Edix

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: February 27, 2023, 10:19:04 AM »

Just paid a visit to the config file - [I'm a new user, just got the mod]

I've disabled terraforming [due to DIY planets]
further down the file I found something that adds terraforming structures to certain vanilla colonies. Do i need to set that condition to false too? or will that be ignored?

MenacingCaptain

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: February 27, 2023, 10:22:02 AM »

Yes. I assume it breaks it then?

Are you using any mods that effect sector generation and/or add star types, such as Unknown Skies?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: February 27, 2023, 11:39:27 AM »

Just paid a visit to the config file - [I'm a new user, just got the mod]

I've disabled terraforming [due to DIY planets]
further down the file I found something that adds terraforming structures to certain vanilla colonies. Do i need to set that condition to false too? or will that be ignored?

Yeah, you should set boggledStellarReflectorArrayMarketAutoPlacementEnabled to false.

Thanks for mentioning this - disabling terraforming should also disable auto placement on vanilla colonies, but I missed that when I was coding this.

Yes. I assume it breaks it then?

Possibly. I'll do some testing to find out for sure. If I can't replicate this issue, I'll include a debug option in the next patch to help identify why TASC isn't seeing that star as a blue giant.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: February 27, 2023, 08:22:14 PM »

Have you ever considered using LunaLib to handle the ample amount of configurable options that are in TASC?

That way they can be done in-game rather than having to mess around with an external file and the simplicity, i think, would be overall beneficial for TASC.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: February 28, 2023, 03:32:20 PM »

Have you ever considered using LunaLib to handle the ample amount of configurable options that are in TASC?

That way they can be done in-game rather than having to mess around with an external file and the simplicity, i think, would be overall beneficial for TASC.

I wasn't previously aware that mod existed. I'll look into integrating it into TASC. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: February 28, 2023, 05:01:56 PM »

I wasn't previously aware that mod existed. I'll look into integrating it into TASC. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

It's a relatevely recent, and even more recent that i saw it in-game. Sundog's mods like Ruthless Sector, Starship Legends and a few more use it in case you need an example of how it looks in-game.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: March 01, 2023, 04:06:52 PM »

It's a relatevely recent, and even more recent that i saw it in-game. Sundog's mods like Ruthless Sector, Starship Legends and a few more use it in case you need an example of how it looks in-game.

My only concern is that I don't want users to have to download an additional mod as a dependency for TASC, and to have the game crash on startup if they fail to do so. Hopefully I can find a way to integrate that functionality for users who have LunaLib without forcing all players to have it.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: March 01, 2023, 04:45:17 PM »

My only concern is that I don't want users to have to download an additional mod as a dependency for TASC, and to have the game crash on startup if they fail to do so. Hopefully I can find a way to integrate that functionality for users who have LunaLib without forcing all players to have it.

It seems like you're not the only one with that concern as mentioned here, in these patch notes for this mod.

Or at least the text gives the implication that LunaLib can be used for QoL but it's not needed strictly.

Vendral

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: March 19, 2023, 02:01:47 PM »

Found a fairly minor bug,  the "Planet Killer Device" shows up in the Historian/Person with Books list even when the setting is set to disabled.
If it is not an easy fix, a note on the main post would be nice to inform people to not buy the Planet Killer if the setting is disabled.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 219