Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070166 times)

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.2.1)
« Reply #2340 on: February 02, 2023, 05:45:11 AM »

Boggled,

Why is it that sometimes the galaxy generates with a ton of domain relic consumers but not a single market produces it? sometimes I feel like upgrading something but there aren't anyone producing domain artifacts, I didn't touch the settings all that much - or anything related to domain artifacts anyway.
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2341 on: February 02, 2023, 07:25:23 AM »

Is there any chance that we'll get an option in the future to change the campaign layer drawing for stations to those of whatever orbital station you've built, if any?

You can use the custom_entities.json file to modify the sprites to whatever you like.

I think the only time where I had astropoli positioned weirdly, one of them was a restored station. It could be that restored stations are not being counted for setting the angle of each station, so depending on station orbit it could end up in either a straight line away from the planet or overlapping.

Yeah, astropoli placement only considers other astropoli. If there are non-astropoli stations near the planet, it could potentially overlap their location. I'm not sure there's a good solution for this other than to block astropolis construction around planets that already have one or more stations in orbit, so I decided to just leave it up to the player to reload the save if this occurs.

Hello!
Is there a way to finagle the configs to terraform gas giant planets as well?

Thanks

No, terraforming of gas giants is not possible using TASC. Sorry!
Hitting it with a PK turns it into an irradiated world, but that can only be marginally upgraded, still.
Learned that on a test game with lucifron.

That's a bug - what mod is that planet from?
Legio Infernalis gas giant, from Tahlan Shipworks. It MAY have been solved already.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2342 on: February 02, 2023, 01:31:44 PM »

Fixed a compatibility problem with the Everbody Loves KoC mod caused by replacing the Tech-mining industry on Agreus with Domain Archaeology. Now the replacement won't happen if the player has Everybody Loves KoC enabled.
If the player doesn't have sufficient archeology of thier own this change soft-breaks some of the structures in this mod, because there's no way to meet the demand to operate them.
Could this be an optional setting?
Or perhaps perform the check based on whether the content mod that requires a specific building on Agreus is active, rather than the mod that seems to be caught in the middle? (I've been using TASC & KoC together with zero problems for some time prior to this.)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 01:43:01 PM by Serenitis »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2343 on: February 02, 2023, 03:28:56 PM »

Boggled,

Why is it that sometimes the galaxy generates with a ton of domain relic consumers but not a single market produces it? sometimes I feel like upgrading something but there aren't anyone producing domain artifacts, I didn't touch the settings all that much - or anything related to domain artifacts anyway.

Are you using the Everybody Loves KoC mod and/or randomized sector generation? If not, Agreus should have a Domain Archeology building producing Domain-era artifacts from the start of the game.

Is there any chance that we'll get an option in the future to change the campaign layer drawing for stations to those of whatever orbital station you've built, if any?

You can use the custom_entities.json file to modify the sprites to whatever you like.

I think the only time where I had astropoli positioned weirdly, one of them was a restored station. It could be that restored stations are not being counted for setting the angle of each station, so depending on station orbit it could end up in either a straight line away from the planet or overlapping.

Yeah, astropoli placement only considers other astropoli. If there are non-astropoli stations near the planet, it could potentially overlap their location. I'm not sure there's a good solution for this other than to block astropolis construction around planets that already have one or more stations in orbit, so I decided to just leave it up to the player to reload the save if this occurs.

Hello!
Is there a way to finagle the configs to terraform gas giant planets as well?

Thanks

No, terraforming of gas giants is not possible using TASC. Sorry!
Hitting it with a PK turns it into an irradiated world, but that can only be marginally upgraded, still.
Learned that on a test game with lucifron.

That's a bug - what mod is that planet from?
Legio Infernalis gas giant, from Tahlan Shipworks. It MAY have been solved already.

Ok, thanks for letting me know about this. I'll add support in the next patch.

Fixed a compatibility problem with the Everbody Loves KoC mod caused by replacing the Tech-mining industry on Agreus with Domain Archaeology. Now the replacement won't happen if the player has Everybody Loves KoC enabled.
If the player doesn't have sufficient archeology of thier own this change soft-breaks some of the structures in this mod, because there's no way to meet the demand to operate them.
Could this be an optional setting?
Or perhaps perform the check based on whether the content mod that requires a specific building on Agreus is active, rather than the mod that seems to be caught in the middle? (I've been using TASC & KoC together with zero problems for some time prior to this.)

Hmm, you're right about the problems with this change. I'll revisit this in the next patch and find a better solution.

In the meantime, players can use console commands to add Domain Archaeology back to Agreus (or some other NPC planet). Sorry about the inconvenience!

Fwiffo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2344 on: February 03, 2023, 12:42:26 AM »

TLDR: Where is Kletka supposed to store its produced AI cores? I'm not seeing any after over half a year.

Detailed: I have a planet with Kletka and Supercomputer (from IndEvo), and Kletka is improved and has Alpha-chan controlling it, but it hasn't produced a single core so far, after 6-8 months (the chance to produce nothing is 15%). Its demand of 4 domain artifacts has been fully supplied the whole time, and I've been keeping the planet extremely cold without terraforming in order to avoid randomly breaking it.

I'm not sure what additional info I should provide, so I'll take any directions on why it might be breaking. :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2023, 03:41:01 AM by Fwiffo »

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2345 on: February 03, 2023, 03:31:47 AM »

I am using everybody loves KoC yes, is that the one breaking the sector? shiiz
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2346 on: February 03, 2023, 05:20:19 AM »

TLDR: Where is Kletka supposed to store its produced AI cores? I'm not seeing any after over half a year.

Detailed: I have a planet with Kletka and Supercomputer (from IndEvo), and Kletka is improved and has Alpha-chan controlling it, but it hasn't produced a single core so far, after 6-8 months (the chance to produce nothing is 15%). Its demand of 4 domain artifacts has been fully supplied the whole time, and I've been keeping the planet extremely cold without terraforming in order to avoid randomly breaking it.

I'm not sure what additional info I should provide, so I'll take any directions on why it might be breaking. :)

It adds the AI cores to your monthly items. Wherever you have it set to deposit your items is where the AI cores will be. It's possible (but extremely unlikely) that you didn't receive any AI cores, since the chance to produce one each month is random.

Fwiffo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2347 on: February 03, 2023, 07:13:17 AM »

It adds the AI cores to your monthly items. Wherever you have it set to deposit your items is where the AI cores will be. It's possible (but extremely unlikely) that you didn't receive any AI cores, since the chance to produce one each month is random.
Getting nothing 8 months in a row at 15% would have a chance of ~0.000026%. Now, I consider myself unlucky, but not THAT unlucky. :D
I was looking for them on the same planet Kletka was on, but I can see that there are indeed AI cores in my main storage colony. Just didn't know they gathered along with custom production, thanks!

StriderGunship

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2348 on: February 03, 2023, 07:47:32 AM »

I wanted to have perfect colony clusters as one of my endgame goals, and do it in a semi-fair way with mods, and was a little disappointed that you couldn't terraform volcanic worlds (no pressure, I understand you do it for free). Could you please add a "full terraforming" version and make the current version "balanced terraforming", thank you. Also, is the radiation removal thing supposed to cost 50 mil and take 9999 days to build?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2349 on: February 03, 2023, 08:40:09 AM »

I wanted to have perfect colony clusters as one of my endgame goals, and do it in a semi-fair way with mods, and was a little disappointed that you couldn't terraform volcanic worlds (no pressure, I understand you do it for free). Could you please add a "full terraforming" version and make the current version "balanced terraforming", thank you. Also, is the radiation removal thing supposed to cost 50 mil and take 9999 days to build?

I'm considering creating a way to terraform volcanic planets for the next patch. No promises though!

No, the magnetoshield should not have those requirements. Did you edit the industries.csv file?

StriderGunship

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2350 on: February 03, 2023, 08:51:08 AM »

I'm considering creating a way to terraform volcanic planets for the next patch. No promises though!

No, the magnetoshield should not have those requirements. Did you edit the industries.csv file?

Yes, I edited vanilla files, made tech-mining count as a structure.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: February 03, 2023, 08:56:55 AM »

Delete the TASC industries.csv file and replace it with one freshly downloaded. That's the only way I can think of that the magnetoshield could cost that much.

StriderGunship

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: February 03, 2023, 11:17:48 AM »

Delete the TASC industries.csv file and replace it with one freshly downloaded. That's the only way I can think of that the magnetoshield could cost that much.

I updated and that did not help, also, will building a station in an asteroid congregation with a sling in it make the colony "has large amount of water present" green in the same system, and can I get a mild climate with terraforming?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: February 03, 2023, 11:21:47 AM »

I updated and that did not help, also, will building a station in an asteroid congregation with a sling in it make the colony "has large amount of water present" green in the same system, and can I get a mild climate with terraforming?

Can you please post a screenshot of the build requirements?

Yes, you can build the asteroid processing structure on any station to get water for terraforming projects in the system. Mild climate is a terraforming option you can use on the habitable planet types.

StriderGunship

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: February 03, 2023, 11:29:04 AM »

Can you please post a screenshot of the build requirements?

Yes, you can build the asteroid processing structure on any station to get water for terraforming projects in the system. Mild climate is a terraforming option you can use on the habitable planet types.

Here.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Pages: 1 ... 155 156 [157] 158 159 ... 219