Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1071380 times)

Nérévar42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.2.0)
« Reply #2325 on: January 22, 2023, 02:23:22 AM »

Hi everyone,

First, thank you for all these incredibles mods, and thank you for this one in particular, it brings a lot to Starsector !

I ran into a problem while using the Perihelion Project Structure. How long is it supposed to take to build a Coronal Hypershunt ? I have the good requirements, blue giant and resources, everything is supplied in-faction. Nevertheless, the progression seems to be stucked at 1 %, and it's been something like six months already. Is it a UI bug or is the project simply not going to progress because of something else ?

Thanks in advance.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2326 on: January 22, 2023, 09:42:22 AM »

Something that bothers me about the autonomous battlestation is that when built it'll label that planet with the (military) tag as if it had a military base and such. The problem is, if i wanna build the AI battlestation on all my planets then every planet will have the tag and it's a little weird, would you consider removing the tag for the AI battlestation?

Good catch - this is unintended and I'll fix it for the next patch. Thank you!

Seems like resource improvements are straight up overpowered?

By the time the player can utilize resource improvements, they're in the mid to late game and can already do almost anything they want.

I have 2 questions

1. Is there a way to allow the building of an astropolis in a stable point as well, rather than just around a planet?
2. For the mining stations (and astropolis as well) can I have it display the orbital station/battle station/star fortress instead of the default station sprite in the campaign map like the orbital stations built on planets?

No, astropoli cannot be constructed at stable locations. I'm not going to add this feature because the astropolis station is based on the lore of Mairaath and the three astropoli it had before the Pather attack.

I'm not going to change the default illustration for stations because it leaves the appearance of the station to the player's imagination, and I don't have good artwork to represent what I think the stations should look like. If you don't like the default, you can modify it using the custom_entities.json file or the Illustrated Entities mod.

Hi everyone,

First, thank you for all these incredibles mods, and thank you for this one in particular, it brings a lot to Starsector !

I ran into a problem while using the Perihelion Project Structure. How long is it supposed to take to build a Coronal Hypershunt ? I have the good requirements, blue giant and resources, everything is supplied in-faction. Nevertheless, the progression seems to be stucked at 1 %, and it's been something like six months already. Is it a UI bug or is the project simply not going to progress because of something else ?

Thanks in advance.

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

I looked into this and it's a UI bug - construction is still progressing, it's just not displayed properly. I'll fix this in the next patch. Sorry about the bug, and thanks for reporting it!

XM16E

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.2.1)
« Reply #2327 on: January 22, 2023, 10:07:34 PM »

No, astropoli cannot be constructed at stable locations. I'm not going to add this feature because the astropolis station is based on the lore of Mairaath and the three astropoli it had before the Pather attack.

I was thinking along the lines of a resourceless station like Groombridge Habitat or Ragnar Complex that orbit the star rather than a large planet.

For roleplay reasons I usually create an Astropolis and change it's position and orbiting entity via save editing (usually by copying and pasting the host planet's orbit data with a small edit so they don't overlap) and use that as my first colony. Or take over a resourceless Pirate colony, but that usually invites saturation bombing from other factions in the system.
But save editing every time gets tedious, and I was hoping for an easier method by just tweaking the Astropolis Construction option (change the requirement from planet to star and set the range to a hypothetical Goldilocks zone dependant on the star's size and type). But there was nothing in the config that I could change personally to do this.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2328 on: January 23, 2023, 06:08:41 AM »

I was thinking along the lines of a resourceless station like Groombridge Habitat or Ragnar Complex that orbit the star rather than a large planet.

For roleplay reasons I usually create an Astropolis and change it's position and orbiting entity via save editing (usually by copying and pasting the host planet's orbit data with a small edit so they don't overlap) and use that as my first colony. Or take over a resourceless Pirate colony, but that usually invites saturation bombing from other factions in the system.
But save editing every time gets tedious, and I was hoping for an easier method by just tweaking the Astropolis Construction option (change the requirement from planet to star and set the range to a hypothetical Goldilocks zone dependant on the star's size and type). But there was nothing in the config that I could change personally to do this.

Ah, I see what you mean. If I were to implement something like this I imagine relatively few players would use it since they could build mining or siphon stations that have resource deposits instead. Given that few players would use it, I don't think it's a good use of my development time. Sorry!

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2329 on: January 23, 2023, 11:14:56 AM »

If you use secrets of the frontier you can already use a stable point in a system to build a habitat which would overlap with the addition of another habitat type.

Is there any special features with the Remnant Station with a Alpha Core? what if sometimes they went rogue and established a remnant nexus somewhere in the planet? send defense fleets to systems that are threatened by fleets such as pirate/path as long there is a military building with an alpha core in that alpha core remnant station system.

Also, thanks for all your hard work these years boggled, can't imagine myself playing this game without TSC
A mind that opens itself to a new idea never returns to it's original size.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2330 on: January 23, 2023, 11:39:14 AM »

If you use secrets of the frontier you can already use a stable point in a system to build a habitat which would overlap with the addition of another habitat type.

Is there any special features with the Remnant Station with a Alpha Core? what if sometimes they went rogue and established a remnant nexus somewhere in the planet? send defense fleets to systems that are threatened by fleets such as pirate/path as long there is a military building with an alpha core in that alpha core remnant station system.

Also, thanks for all your hard work these years boggled, can't imagine myself playing this game without TSC

AI cores in the Autonomous AI Battlestation function the same as a regular orbital station.

Having some sort of "betrayal" event is an interesting idea, but I think it would be too predictable since most players will have already encountered the Alpha core administrator event. Also, if it's triggered randomly that would be very frustrating and confusing for the player.

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2331 on: January 23, 2023, 05:05:17 PM »

AI cores in the Autonomous AI Battlestation function the same as a regular orbital station.

Having some sort of "betrayal" event is an interesting idea, but I think it would be too predictable since most players will have already encountered the Alpha core administrator event. Also, if it's triggered randomly that would be very frustrating and confusing for the player.

Balance would definitely be the key, but I think it's worth it since the autonomous station is quite the powerhouse by itself with negligible drawbacks
having some of its fleets malfunction/build a hostile nexus (can be balanced to be weaker but have a period of growth if left unchecked) could be very cool, example of balance, if at all possible..

We could tie the likelihood of it happening to the type of Core being used by the station, with gamma cores giving a chance for fleets to simply malfunction sometimes, all the way to alpha cores allowing malfunctioning fleets to sometimes divert resources to build a (Hostile even if allied with remnants) a nexus somewhere in the system, higher cores such as beta and alpha have lower chances of malfunctioning, especially alpha cores, however alpha cores when they do malf they go rogue and build a nexus to operate from.

This way it pays homage of the sheer power but unpredictable (albeit predictable in this case) nature of Alpha Cores.

I wonder, could these remnant fleets go hostile even during fleet battles?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2332 on: January 23, 2023, 05:09:41 PM »

Balance would definitely be the key, but I think it's worth it since the autonomous station is quite the powerhouse by itself with negligible drawbacks

It's my understanding that with a vanilla game (other than TASC) the Autonomous AI Battlestation is actually substantially weaker than the orbital stations in combat because it doesn't have a minelaying system, which balances out the advantage of spawning remnant patrols.

RoquetheRogue

• Commander
  • personal text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2333 on: January 23, 2023, 06:28:00 PM »

It's my understanding that with a vanilla game (other than TASC) the Autonomous AI Battlestation is actually substantially weaker than the orbital stations in combat because it doesn't have a minelaying system, which balances out the advantage of spawning remnant patrols.

Might just be me, I have been running some really "interesting" mods that when combined makes my ships and stations absolute monsters in combat, it's been chewing inspection fleets all on it's lonesome now.

NovaSnake

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2334 on: January 26, 2023, 06:02:48 PM »

Is there any chance that we'll get an option in the future to change the campaign layer drawing for stations to those of whatever orbital station you've built, if any?

vicegrip

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2335 on: January 27, 2023, 02:24:30 AM »

I think the only time where I had astropoli positioned weirdly, one of them was a restored station. It could be that restored stations are not being counted for setting the angle of each station, so depending on station orbit it could end up in either a straight line away from the planet or overlapping.

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2336 on: January 27, 2023, 06:12:48 AM »

Hello!
Is there a way to finagle the configs to terraform gas giant planets as well?

Thanks

No, terraforming of gas giants is not possible using TASC. Sorry!
Hitting it with a PK turns it into an irradiated world, but that can only be marginally upgraded, still.
Learned that on a test game with lucifron.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 06:14:59 AM by YourLocalMairaaboo »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2337 on: January 27, 2023, 07:06:55 AM »

Is there any chance that we'll get an option in the future to change the campaign layer drawing for stations to those of whatever orbital station you've built, if any?

You can use the custom_entities.json file to modify the sprites to whatever you like.

I think the only time where I had astropoli positioned weirdly, one of them was a restored station. It could be that restored stations are not being counted for setting the angle of each station, so depending on station orbit it could end up in either a straight line away from the planet or overlapping.

Yeah, astropoli placement only considers other astropoli. If there are non-astropoli stations near the planet, it could potentially overlap their location. I'm not sure there's a good solution for this other than to block astropolis construction around planets that already have one or more stations in orbit, so I decided to just leave it up to the player to reload the save if this occurs.

Hello!
Is there a way to finagle the configs to terraform gas giant planets as well?

Thanks

No, terraforming of gas giants is not possible using TASC. Sorry!
Hitting it with a PK turns it into an irradiated world, but that can only be marginally upgraded, still.
Learned that on a test game with lucifron.

That's a bug - what mod is that planet from?

not a luddic path member

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2338 on: January 31, 2023, 11:18:38 PM »

Planet incompatibility with Blackrock Drive Yards mod. Great work as always just wanted to bring to your attention.

Spoiler
[close]
is that an alpha core in your pocket or are you just excited to see me

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2339 on: February 02, 2023, 04:23:48 AM »

Planet incompatibility with Blackrock Drive Yards mod. Great work as always just wanted to bring to your attention.

Spoiler
[close]

Thanks for reporting this - I'll fix it in the next patch!
Pages: 1 ... 154 155 [156] 157 158 ... 219