Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070256 times)

Aran1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.2.0)
« Reply #2310 on: January 10, 2023, 05:15:20 AM »

So essentially you tried to build three astropolis stations around a single planet, and two of them spawned in the same location?
yes

paulogabbi

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: January 10, 2023, 06:04:34 AM »

any way to remove transplutonics from a planet ? each planet i want to place the farming item it have transplutonics sadly

No, I deliberately did not create terraforming projects to remove beneficial conditions that block special item use.
While it is true that there is no option to just remove transplutonics, it is worth remembering certain terraforming types, like jungle, do a volatiles purge. May help a bit.
sadly a planet not having transplutonics is really rare, all my farming planets have it, it make the item really hard to use thanks to this

Stelarwand030

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: January 11, 2023, 06:45:30 PM »

Does this need a new game or can you add it to an existing save?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2313 on: January 12, 2023, 04:19:38 PM »

So essentially you tried to build three astropolis stations around a single planet, and two of them spawned in the same location?
yes

I'll take a look at this and see if I can figure out what's going on. Thanks for reporting it!

Does this need a new game or can you add it to an existing save?

You can add it to an existing save.

SpiceyT

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: January 14, 2023, 05:26:24 PM »

Hi, are there any commands using consolecommands mod or devmode options to speed up/instantly finish terraforming options? Changing planet types directly through console commands dosen't seem to work properly with unknown skies planet types so this might be my only option.

GHOST612

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: January 15, 2023, 05:10:05 AM »

Hi, is there a way to disable Domed cities but keep the underwater cities enabled?

Dadada

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: January 15, 2023, 05:23:48 AM »

\Starsector\mods\Terraforming and Station Construction\data\config
settings.json
Code
# Controls how long planet type changes take (in days)
"boggledTerraformingTime":400,

# Controls how long resource improvements take (in days)
"boggledResourceImprovementTime":200,

# Controls how long condition improvements take (in days)
"boggledConditionImprovementTime":400,
Replace the numbers with 0 or 1...
Or grab proper code and execute it with the console, not that I can help with that...

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: January 15, 2023, 11:01:23 AM »

Hi, is there a way to disable Domed cities but keep the underwater cities enabled?

Nope, sorry! I'm not going to add this option because it would require a decent amount of development work and I think very few players would use it. Domed Cities and Underwater Cities are the same building with different effects/appearance depending on the planet type, and other parts of the mod rely on that.

\Starsector\mods\Terraforming and Station Construction\data\config
settings.json
Code
# Controls how long planet type changes take (in days)
"boggledTerraformingTime":400,

# Controls how long resource improvements take (in days)
"boggledResourceImprovementTime":200,

# Controls how long condition improvements take (in days)
"boggledConditionImprovementTime":400,
Replace the numbers with 0 or 1...
Or grab proper code and execute it with the console, not that I can help with that...

This is correct. You can make the projects complete in less time using the settings file, or you can write a custom console command to do it. I'm not aware of any existing ones that will do what you're looking for.

Bunkeror

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2318 on: January 18, 2023, 12:41:52 PM »

Hello mate!
First of all, bug report- if you open the add industry or structure menu and hover over World Symbols, your stability immediately increases by one as if you had built it, and if you close the window while still hovering over it, the +1 stability stays lol. Sure, the moment you do something that causes a stability update, or just close/reopen the colony's screen, it corrects itself... But it's still funny you can briefly gaslight your entire colony (:
Second, would there be any tiny little chance for the mining station sprite to start using the vanilla mining station blueprint, maybe also be a little bigger? I like that one better, and as small as they come I can barely see them... I asked the same a few months, maybe years back, but I don't know if it would be feasible now.
Third- do you think it would make sense to change the domed cities defense penalty to be a little lower if you have a planetary shield? It would block most of a bombardment and stop hovering warships from pounding down the domes- though it would still be a big vulnerability.
Fourth- I've never used it, so I don't know if it already does it... But I think it would be nice to be able to use a PK device on a barren, uninhabited world to crack it and replace it with a dense asteroid field for a mining station! Either that, or maybe make it develop extreme tectonic activity, and obtain an orbiting asteroid belt?
Thanks and have a nice day :D

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: January 18, 2023, 03:28:18 PM »

Hello mate!
First of all, bug report- if you open the add industry or structure menu and hover over World Symbols, your stability immediately increases by one as if you had built it, and if you close the window while still hovering over it, the +1 stability stays lol. Sure, the moment you do something that causes a stability update, or just close/reopen the colony's screen, it corrects itself... But it's still funny you can briefly gaslight your entire colony (:
Second, would there be any tiny little chance for the mining station sprite to start using the vanilla mining station blueprint, maybe also be a little bigger? I like that one better, and as small as they come I can barely see them... I asked the same a few months, maybe years back, but I don't know if it would be feasible now.
Third- do you think it would make sense to change the domed cities defense penalty to be a little lower if you have a planetary shield? It would block most of a bombardment and stop hovering warships from pounding down the domes- though it would still be a big vulnerability.
Fourth- I've never used it, so I don't know if it already does it... But I think it would be nice to be able to use a PK device on a barren, uninhabited world to crack it and replace it with a dense asteroid field for a mining station! Either that, or maybe make it develop extreme tectonic activity, and obtain an orbiting asteroid belt?
Thanks and have a nice day :D

World Symbols are not from TASC - wrong mod!

Mining stations actually change their sprite to a larger one if the market size gets large enough.

I'm not going to change or remove the Domed Cities defense penalty. I've addressed this several times in this thread so I won't reiterate my logic here.

That's an interesting idea regarding the PK device, but destroying/removing planets can cause bugs with vanilla or other mods. Also, this would require a lot of development time, and the PK device is a non-default feature so it would see relatively little use by players.

SpacewolfeCZ

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: January 21, 2023, 05:40:19 AM »

Hello!
Is there a way to finagle the configs to terraform gas giant planets as well?

Thanks

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: January 21, 2023, 01:33:50 PM »

Hello!
Is there a way to finagle the configs to terraform gas giant planets as well?

Thanks

No, terraforming of gas giants is not possible using TASC. Sorry!

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: January 21, 2023, 07:25:16 PM »

Something that bothers me about the autonomous battlestation is that when built it'll label that planet with the (military) tag as if it had a military base and such. The problem is, if i wanna build the AI battlestation on all my planets then every planet will have the tag and it's a little weird, would you consider removing the tag for the AI battlestation?

OneStepp

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: January 21, 2023, 09:41:47 PM »

Seems like resource improvements are straight up overpowered?

XM16E

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: January 22, 2023, 01:48:31 AM »

I have 2 questions

1. Is there a way to allow the building of an astropolis in a stable point as well, rather than just around a planet?
2. For the mining stations (and astropolis as well) can I have it display the orbital station/battle station/star fortress instead of the default station sprite in the campaign map like the orbital stations built on planets?
Pages: 1 ... 153 154 [155] 156 157 ... 219