Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070868 times)

TheTangy

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.6)
« Reply #2220 on: November 28, 2022, 12:06:08 PM »

Looks like a great mod, but I didn't use it for my Nex playthrough since I don't like using stuff too much if the AI can't use it as well.

Can the AI terraform, construction stations, as well?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: November 28, 2022, 12:19:12 PM »

Looks like a great mod, but I didn't use it for my Nex playthrough since I don't like using stuff too much if the AI can't use it as well.

Can the AI terraform, construction stations, as well?

No, AI factions don't use TASC features.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: December 01, 2022, 06:23:15 PM »

I wonder, is it possible to make it so that to create the AI Battlestation you need to have destroyed and salvaged a Remnant Nexus previously in addition to needing the skill?  I know you can do so with ship blue prints but not so much with infrastructure and structures.

Side Note:  If you create an AI Battlestation you probably should be given the blueprints for the Remnant fleets, as it's kinda weird that your station can produce the ships, but you cannot order them and instead have to salvage them from any still active remnant Nexus.

AfaroX

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: December 02, 2022, 05:57:03 AM »

How do i ADD the station building ability to my ability bar? From where can i take this ability? I don't see any ability-selecting tab in this game, only the one in the bottom of my screen, and it doesn't have any station building abilities.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: December 02, 2022, 06:21:41 AM »

I wonder, is it possible to make it so that to create the AI Battlestation you need to have destroyed and salvaged a Remnant Nexus previously in addition to needing the skill?  I know you can do so with ship blue prints but not so much with infrastructure and structures.

Side Note:  If you create an AI Battlestation you probably should be given the blueprints for the Remnant fleets, as it's kinda weird that your station can produce the ships, but you cannot order them and instead have to salvage them from any still active remnant Nexus.

That's an interesting idea, but I think it's lore incompatible because the player doesn't get blueprints for destroying regular ships, which is explained as the player needing DRM-like chips to fabricate them.

How do i ADD the station building ability to my ability bar? From where can i take this ability? I don't see any ability-selecting tab in this game, only the one in the bottom of my screen, and it doesn't have any station building abilities.

I think you have to right click on one of the squares in the ability bar, and then a menu will show up allowing you to change which ability is slotted there.

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: December 02, 2022, 10:57:04 AM »

So I have a governorship over a colony but I can't build an orbital station cuz colony deure is not mine. That's kinda cringe. But I can colonise, build, gift all and be happy governor. That's kinda cringe too.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: December 02, 2022, 11:21:58 AM »

So I have a governorship over a colony but I can't build an orbital station cuz colony deure is not mine. That's kinda cringe. But I can colonise, build, gift all and be happy governor. That's kinda cringe too.

When you rent an apartment, does your landlord permit you to remodel it?

Either way, there should be a settings option to allow construction of astropoli around planets the player governs. Did you enable it?

Viking8008

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: December 02, 2022, 01:16:58 PM »

When you rent an apartment, does your landlord permit you to remodel it?

Either way, there should be a settings option to allow construction of astropoli around planets the player governs. Did you enable it?

1) Yes, she allowed me.
2) No, I didnt but ty for a suggestion!

Raif Redacted

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: December 03, 2022, 11:57:02 PM »

Having gone through the vanilla game entirely, I'm going to look into this mod. One comment: your post doesn't actually explain what any of the terraforming stuff is. I was surprised to see settings talking about 400 days to change, 200 days, etc. Also not sure what the Siphon Station and Astropolis station are meant to do. Is the Siphon a replacement for the Gas Giant entirely or just an "extra" volatiles extraction over the completely vanilla gas giant colonization experience? The Astropolis is what exactly? The settings file also has options like Hydroponics and Cloning industries that have no specific information. Without a Readme explaining every option, I'm left to just ask here or literally download and install the mod, then check at whatever point what all this exactly does. Popularity of the mod aside, would be great to have these answered in the initial post.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 12:39:05 AM by Raif Redacted »

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: December 04, 2022, 03:03:13 AM »

I have a suggestion, but might it be worth considering making a quest line similar to the Red Planet to unlock the terraforming technologies?

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: December 04, 2022, 04:40:43 AM »

I have a suggestion, but might it be worth considering making a quest line similar to the Red Planet to unlock the terraforming technologies?
He has said he does not want to sideline the stuff into lategame content. Still, maybe have it tied to some easy-ish to medium difficulty missions (maybe tied to the penelope sporeship) with only basic stuff already unlocked? The building BP mechanic seems underutilized.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 04:43:10 AM by YourLocalMairaaboo »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: December 04, 2022, 08:48:58 AM »

Having gone through the vanilla game entirely, I'm going to look into this mod. One comment: your post doesn't actually explain what any of the terraforming stuff is. I was surprised to see settings talking about 400 days to change, 200 days, etc. Also not sure what the Siphon Station and Astropolis station are meant to do. Is the Siphon a replacement for the Gas Giant entirely or just an "extra" volatiles extraction over the completely vanilla gas giant colonization experience? The Astropolis is what exactly? The settings file also has options like Hydroponics and Cloning industries that have no specific information. Without a Readme explaining every option, I'm left to just ask here or literally download and install the mod, then check at whatever point what all this exactly does. Popularity of the mod aside, would be great to have these answered in the initial post.

Did you read the mod features guide in the original post? It covers some of the questions you asked here.

He has said he does not want to sideline the stuff into lategame content. Still, maybe have it tied to some easy-ish to medium difficulty missions (maybe tied to the penelope sporeship) with only basic stuff already unlocked? The building BP mechanic seems underutilized.

In a previous version of the mod I had two long questlines with branching paths to unlock lobster seeding on water worlds and gate construction. I decided to remove them for a number of reasons -

1. I'm not an author. Many players probably thought the dialogue and plot were poorly written (although there was some positive feedback too, which I appreciated!).
2. The quest didn't work if the player was using a randomized sector.
3. Once the player completed the quest for the first time, it would be boring to have to complete it again in subsequent playthroughs since they already know everything.
4. Developing quests is extremely time consuming, especially when they have branching paths based on the player's choices. Given the lack of replay value, this wasn't a good use of my time.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: December 04, 2022, 09:03:43 AM »

Your post doesn't actually explain what any of the terraforming stuff is. I was surprised to see settings talking about 400 days to change, 200 days, etc.

Disagree. Stuff in the mod and terraforming stuff is very self-explanatory and as easy to understand as it can possibly be. If you don't like the number of days it takes for projects to complete, there is a settings file to edit those values to your liking.

Also not sure what the Siphon Station and Astropolis station are meant to do. Is the Siphon a replacement for the Gas Giant entirely or just an "extra" volatiles extraction over the completely vanilla gas giant colonization experience?

Now i'm doubting you actually look into main post, here, let me pull the info for you mate, since you're not gonna search for it:

Spoiler
Construct a siphon station in orbit around a gas giant. Has volatiles resources equivalent to those of the host gas giant and 100% hazard by default. The hazard and accessibility can be modified in the settings file. "Cramped Quarters" can also be enabled in the settings file. This will put a growth penalty on the station once it grows beyond a certain size.
[close]

The Astropolis is what exactly?

Now i'm actually not sure you payed attention to the vanilla game. This is a lore thing and also explained in the main post.

Spoiler
Construct a station in orbit around the planet where the industry is built. By default, up to three can be constructed per planet. The station has no resources and 100% hazard by default. The hazard and accessibility can be modified in the settings file. "Cramped Quarters" can also be enabled in the settings file. This will put a growth penalty on the station once it grows beyond a certain size.
[close]
« Last Edit: December 04, 2022, 09:07:08 AM by e »

YourLocalMairaaboo

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: December 04, 2022, 12:41:39 PM »

Hey, boggled. Bad news. Using your mod and Illustrated Entities at the same time, then building astropoli on two planets in the same system, breaks the system used for planet description changes. Not sure what end causes the bug, but now I can't change the descriptions of Ithaca's astropoli, only the ones on Telephilus.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: December 04, 2022, 01:00:40 PM »

Hey, boggled. Bad news. Using your mod and Illustrated Entities at the same time, then building astropoli on two planets in the same system, breaks the system used for planet description changes. Not sure what end causes the bug, but now I can't change the descriptions of Ithaca's astropoli, only the ones on Telephilus.

Wow, I had no idea that mod existed. It looks awesome!

I'll take a look and try to fix the issue. I've been very busy recently but I'm going to try to release an update before the end of the year to fix this and also the other compatibility issues that came up.
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 219