Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070744 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.6)
« Reply #2205 on: November 19, 2022, 02:58:11 PM »

Can you make comppatch so I can use the artillery station with Machine battle station?

I'm not sure what you're referring to.

He's asking for it in the absolute dumbest way possible, let me explain:

He's referring to this post

The mod implements "Artillery Stations" which do various attacks on the campaign layer as well as being their own small combat station. You can't build them from scratch, so outside of core worlds you gotta defeat them, colonize the planet they are orbiting and build their structure in colony menu, thing is, to build them they need a functioning orbital station first.

As for what that has to do with this mod, since you can build the Remnant Battlestations as an orbital station, they, for some reason, are not being recognized by Industrial.Evolution as a valid station for the purposes of the artillery's requirement.

Hope this clears it out.

Yes, thank you!

I posted in the IndEvo thread asking how to add compatibility with the artillery station to TASC. I'll add support for it in the next patch.

e

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2206 on: November 19, 2022, 07:22:57 PM »

Can you make comppatch so I can use the artillery station with Machine battle station?

The mod implements "Artillery Stations" which do various attacks on the campaign layer as well as being their own small combat station. You can't build them from scratch, so outside of core worlds you gotta defeat them, colonize the planet they are orbiting and build their structure in colony menu, thing is, to build them they need a functioning orbital station first.

As for what that has to do with this mod, since you can build the Remnant Battlestations as an orbital station, they, for some reason, are not being recognized by Industrial.Evolution as a valid station for the purposes of the artillery's requirement.

Hope this clears it out.

Yes, thank you!

I posted in the IndEvo thread asking how to add compatibility with the artillery station to TASC. I'll add support for it in the next patch.

Awesome! Let's hope it's not a difficult process.

Moomoomaster69

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: November 20, 2022, 07:11:33 AM »

Hope this clears it out.

Yes, thank you!

tysm

WeWickYou

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: November 20, 2022, 11:49:56 AM »

is there a way to "fastbuild" a terraforming project? or make it faster (other than modifying setting files)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: November 20, 2022, 12:30:23 PM »

is there a way to "fastbuild" a terraforming project? or make it faster (other than modifying setting files)

No, there's not a console command to immediately complete a terraforming project. The only way to speed them up is to modify the duration using the settings file.

Histidine

• Admiral
    • View Profile
    • GitHub profile
« Reply #2210 on: November 21, 2022, 07:00:48 AM »

Posting this here since someone else had this issue but can't post on forum (and it's kinda my fault for giving incorrect code previously)

Using a planetkiller causes Nex's commission intel to NPE, since it expects a non-null actionData arg for reportSaturationBombardmentFinished:
479122 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at exerelin.campaign.intel.Nex_FactionCommissionIntel.reportSaturationBombardmentF inished(Nex_FactionCommissionIntel.java:145)
    at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportSaturationBombardmen tFinished(ListenerUtil.java:152)
    at data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.decivilizeMarketWithPlanetKiller(boggledTools.java:3035)
    at data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.applyPlanetKiller(boggledTools.java:2965)
    at data.campaign.econ.abilities.Deploy_Planet_Killer.activateImpl(Deploy_Planet_Killer.java:24)

I'll add a safety check in my Nex update when I get around to actually doing the said update; other than that, you should pass it a non-null value since the listener reasonably expects it, and fill it with relevant data.
Something like:
Code: java
MarketCMD.TempData actionData = new MarketCMD.TempData();
actionData.bombardType = BombardType.SATURATION; /* probably not needed but just in case someone forgot which listener method they were using */
actionData.willBecomeHostile = hostile; /* PLACEHOLDER: fill this with factions that will get mad */
ListenerUtil.reportSaturationBombardmentFinished(null, market, actionData);

SirHartley

• Global Moderator
  • Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: November 21, 2022, 11:19:06 AM »

Do you know how to enable building artillery for stations from other mods(like the remnant battlestation from terraforming)
Mod author has to add compatibility.
Hello! I'm the author of TASC. How can I add compatibility with the IndEvo artillery station to the Remnant station from TASC?
Hey! I thought I'd pop over and tell you here, it's more likely you'll see it that way.

Adding compat is simple, just add this small bit of code in your orbital station industry class, and the "indevo_compat" tag to the industry in industries.csv, and I'll have it patched with the upcoming update!

Code
@Override
    protected void ensureStationEntityIsSetOrCreated() {
        if (stationEntity == null) {
            for (SectorEntityToken entity : market.getConnectedEntities()) {
                if (entity.hasTag(Tags.STATION) && !entity.hasTag("no_orbital_station")) {
                    stationEntity = entity;
                    usingExistingStation = true;
                    break;
                }
            }
        }

stationEntity = market.getContainingLocation().addCustomEntity(
                    null, market.getName() + " Station", Entities.STATION_BUILT_FROM_INDUSTRY, market.getFactionId());
            SectorEntityToken primary = market.getPrimaryEntity();
            float orbitRadius = primary.getRadius() + 150f;
            stationEntity.setCircularOrbitWithSpin(primary, (float) Math.random() * 360f, orbitRadius, orbitRadius / 10f, 5f, 5f);
            market.getConnectedEntities().add(stationEntity);
            stationEntity.setMarket(market);
        }
    }

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: November 21, 2022, 02:38:55 PM »

Posting this here since someone else had this issue but can't post on forum (and it's kinda my fault for giving incorrect code previously)

Using a planetkiller causes Nex's commission intel to NPE, since it expects a non-null actionData arg for reportSaturationBombardmentFinished:
479122 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at exerelin.campaign.intel.Nex_FactionCommissionIntel.reportSaturationBombardmentF inished(Nex_FactionCommissionIntel.java:145)
    at com.fs.starfarer.api.campaign.listeners.ListenerUtil.reportSaturationBombardmen tFinished(ListenerUtil.java:152)
    at data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.decivilizeMarketWithPlanetKiller(boggledTools.java:3035)
    at data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.applyPlanetKiller(boggledTools.java:2965)
    at data.campaign.econ.abilities.Deploy_Planet_Killer.activateImpl(Deploy_Planet_Killer.java:24)

I'll add a safety check in my Nex update when I get around to actually doing the said update; other than that, you should pass it a non-null value since the listener reasonably expects it, and fill it with relevant data.
Something like:
Code: java
MarketCMD.TempData actionData = new MarketCMD.TempData();
actionData.bombardType = BombardType.SATURATION; /* probably not needed but just in case someone forgot which listener method they were using */
actionData.willBecomeHostile = hostile; /* PLACEHOLDER: fill this with factions that will get mad */
ListenerUtil.reportSaturationBombardmentFinished(null, market, actionData);

Ok, I'll add that to the next patch. Thanks for helping me out with this!

Do you know how to enable building artillery for stations from other mods(like the remnant battlestation from terraforming)
Mod author has to add compatibility.
Hello! I'm the author of TASC. How can I add compatibility with the IndEvo artillery station to the Remnant station from TASC?
Hey! I thought I'd pop over and tell you here, it's more likely you'll see it that way.

Adding compat is simple, just add this small bit of code in your orbital station industry class, and the "indevo_compat" tag to the industry in industries.csv, and I'll have it patched with the upcoming update!

Code
@Override
    protected void ensureStationEntityIsSetOrCreated() {
            for (SectorEntityToken entity : market.getConnectedEntities()) {
                if (entity.hasTag(Tags.STATION) && !entity.hasTag("no_orbital_station")) {
                    stationEntity = entity;
                    usingExistingStation = true;
                    break;
                }
            }
        }

stationEntity = market.getContainingLocation().addCustomEntity(
                    null, market.getName() + " Station", Entities.STATION_BUILT_FROM_INDUSTRY, market.getFactionId());
            SectorEntityToken primary = market.getPrimaryEntity();
            float orbitRadius = primary.getRadius() + 150f;
            stationEntity.setCircularOrbitWithSpin(primary, (float) Math.random() * 360f, orbitRadius, orbitRadius / 10f, 5f, 5f);
            market.getConnectedEntities().add(stationEntity);
            stationEntity.setMarket(market);
        }
    }

Ok, I'll that to the next patch too. Thanks!

GreekPerseus

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: November 21, 2022, 07:04:23 PM »

Sup,

So uh, I wanted to ask, is it possible to make the Dome City defense debuff configurable? I've always felt that the 0.05 was a bit too harsh, but I have no real way of editing it, ain't no code wiz you see. If not, maybe an upgrade to the dome city 'industry' that makes it less fragile? Maybe partitions the inside of the dome or something? Or maybe creates a big ol shield generator over it? Dunno. Even a .25x multiplier would be so much better than the crippling 0.05x.

With thanks, GreekPerseus

Geirby

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: November 22, 2022, 09:59:12 AM »

Hello!
there is some error when i install you mode

77976 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Special item with id [boggled_euteck] not found while loading drop_groups.csv
java.lang.RuntimeException: Special item with id [boggled_euteck] not found while loading drop_groups.csv
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore$14.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore$14.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.public(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: November 22, 2022, 06:36:50 PM »

Sup,

So uh, I wanted to ask, is it possible to make the Dome City defense debuff configurable? I've always felt that the 0.05 was a bit too harsh, but I have no real way of editing it, ain't no code wiz you see. If not, maybe an upgrade to the dome city 'industry' that makes it less fragile? Maybe partitions the inside of the dome or something? Or maybe creates a big ol shield generator over it? Dunno. Even a .25x multiplier would be so much better than the crippling 0.05x.

With thanks, GreekPerseus

I've addressed this several times before in this thread - essentially, the defense malus forces the player to make difficult decisions regarding how they want to lay out their colonies, instead of just duplicating an "ideal" configuration on every planet. I think allowing the player to mitigate the defense penalty would make the gameplay worse.

Hello!
there is some error when i install you mode

77976 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: Special item with id [boggled_euteck] not found while loading drop_groups.csv
java.lang.RuntimeException: Special item with id [boggled_euteck] not found while loading drop_groups.csv
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore$14.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore$14.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.SpecStore.public(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.loading.ResourceLoaderState.init(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Be sure to completely delete the old TASC folder being updating to a new version. If you just merge in the new folder it will cause that error.

edixo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: November 24, 2022, 11:31:14 AM »

Is there a way to increase the growth malus from Cramped Quarters to -50 or -100? My growth stats are overpowering the -25, which makes precise colony control very frustrating.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: November 25, 2022, 08:22:16 AM »

Is there a way to increase the growth malus from Cramped Quarters to -50 or -100? My growth stats are overpowering the -25, which makes precise colony control very frustrating.

No, you would have to edit the source code and recompile to do that. I'll add a settings toggle in the next patch for this.

Reshy

• Admiral
  • White
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: November 28, 2022, 09:34:27 AM »

Dunno if this is something that can be changed, but if a modded space station is abandons it loses all it's traits if you attempt to rehabilitate it again, this includes things like Resource Deposits for more mining-style stations.  There any way to fix that?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: November 28, 2022, 09:37:43 AM »

Dunno if this is something that can be changed, but if a modded space station is abandons it loses all it's traits if you attempt to rehabilitate it again, this includes things like Resource Deposits for more mining-style stations.  There any way to fix that?

Stations created using TASC should re-populate their resource deposits (if they have any) upon recolonization. Stations with deposits created by other mods will not do so unless I add support for them - what mod and what station did you notice this issue with?
Pages: 1 ... 146 147 [148] 149 150 ... 219