Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070413 times)

Deepfield

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.5)
« Reply #2115 on: September 29, 2022, 04:08:38 PM »

Just curious but can you elaborate further on what information you are collecting exactly? In the OP you state your mod collects what options people use for this mod and nothing else but in a further post you mention you are able to see what mods people are using.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: September 29, 2022, 04:27:08 PM »

Just curious but can you elaborate further on what information you are collecting exactly? In the OP you state your mod collects what options people use for this mod and nothing else but in a further post you mention you are able to see what mods people are using.

I'm not collecting data anymore - see the earlier posts in this thread for more details if you're interested. I left that notice on the original post since I haven't released an update to remove the API calls yet, but they do nothing since the webserver is shut down.

FrozenHusk

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: October 03, 2022, 01:08:32 PM »

Can we get terraforming options to add "detrimental" effects to our planets such as Very Hot, Very Cold, or No Atmosphere so that we can use colony items on a planet provided we can pay the cost? This is the only thing stopping me from permanently uninstalling DIY planets and thus restoring my loot pool.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2118 on: October 03, 2022, 01:45:09 PM »

Can we get terraforming options to add "detrimental" effects to our planets such as Very Hot, Very Cold, or No Atmosphere so that we can use colony items on a planet provided we can pay the cost? This is the only thing stopping me from permanently uninstalling DIY planets and thus restoring my loot pool.

I'm not going to implement a way to change/remove temperature conditions (other than via suppressing them). This has been discussed previously in this thread so I won't reiterate my thinking on it.

It wouldn't make sense to simply remove an atmosphere from a planet - how would a planet with a biosphere (ex. jungle) exist with no atmosphere? The entire planet type would have to be changed.

I could create a "Remove Atmosphere" project that only works on planet types like barren or frozen. However, I think that's not lore friendly because there's tons of existing planets without an atmosphere to colonize, so why bother removing an atmosphere from one? I think it may contribute to a feeling that the terraforming projects are disconnected from realism and are similar to console commands that just give the player whatever they want.

Mandalore

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2120 on: October 05, 2022, 07:23:33 AM »

Hello, how do i change a tundra world to Terran world? Is there a catalogue for whats needed for types of planet?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: October 05, 2022, 07:28:40 AM »

Hello, how do i change a tundra world to Terran world? Is there a catalogue for whats needed for types of planet?

Yes. In the terraforming menu it will list all the requirements to terraform a planet when you select the project.

Mandalore

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: October 05, 2022, 07:33:15 AM »

I think i missed something. Thank you! :)

QoA

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: October 05, 2022, 04:10:06 PM »

Terribly sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I'm not masochistic enough to read through 142 pages of jargon I half understand. xD

So... I've edited the .json file, but when I find or spoof a planetkiller I'm not sure how I'm supposed to interact with the item or designate a planet. I know the other items edited worked because various structures and industries are now available which weren't prior to said editing/toggling. Am I supposed to interact through the the inventory, the ...wherever? Which window do I use to interact? and/or is there more than one setting which needs toggled to make them interactactable?

I feel a little silly for putting so much attention into an item I have no use or desire to use anyway, but I've been flying around and testing what the game's upper limits would look like, and I've spent enough time brooding over it for a couple of weeks I done did the account dagnabit. xD

Much thx, for any advice and the modification. :)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: October 05, 2022, 04:19:55 PM »

Terribly sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, but I'm not masochistic enough to read through 142 pages of jargon I half understand. xD

So... I've edited the .json file, but when I find or spoof a planetkiller I'm not sure how I'm supposed to interact with the item or designate a planet. I know the other items edited worked because various structures and industries are now available which weren't prior to said editing/toggling. Am I supposed to interact through the the inventory, the ...wherever? Which window do I use to interact? and/or is there more than one setting which needs toggled to make them interactactable?

I feel a little silly for putting so much attention into an item I have no use or desire to use anyway, but I've been flying around and testing what the game's upper limits would look like, and I've spent enough time brooding over it for a couple of weeks I done did the account dagnabit. xD

Much thx, for any advice and the modification. :)

There's an ability to deploy the planet killer. Add it to your ability bar and the tooltip will tell you the rest!

bodeshmoun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.6)
« Reply #2125 on: October 07, 2022, 03:30:17 PM »

A suggestion for domain archeology industries : replace all techmining industries that does not seems to do anything unless controlled by the player.
It will favor compatibility with mods (I think specifically to Everybody Loves KoC which change the status of Argeus and add industries).
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 03:33:10 PM by bodeshmoun »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: October 08, 2022, 07:25:28 AM »

A suggestion for domain archeology industries : replace all techmining industries that does not seems to do anything unless controlled by the player.
It will favor compatibility with mods (I think specifically to Everybody Loves KoC which change the status of Argeus and add industries).

I'm not sure what you mean - TASC already replaces all vanilla techmining industries on NPC colonies at the start of the game.

Alex_Sans

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: October 08, 2022, 11:04:16 AM »

Sorry to bother you about the PKD again, m8...

I think it would be better if it was an extra "military option" when interacting with the colony instead of an ability in the campaign, so other mods that make immediate use of the ListenerUtil.reportSaturationBombardmentFinished(null, market, null) could work with it better. As it stands, a mod that currently uses this listener crashes the game when the PKD is used because the event tied to the listener triggers in the bombed colony immediately after the reputation with other factions go down.

Edit: I sent you a private message about the situation, but the thing was already addressed and a PKD support has been included.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 08:17:18 AM by Alex_Sans »

bodeshmoun

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: October 08, 2022, 01:07:09 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean - TASC already replaces all vanilla techmining industries on NPC colonies at the start of the game.
Ok sorry, I play with lots of mods, and I forgot what is in vanilla, and what mods add.
So my suggestion was to replace dynamically all techmining industries including the ones added from the other mods.
I have done it manually in my game, but I understand this is more complex and prone to issues than the actual behaviour, so feel free to discard it.

And for information there is a mod compatibility issue between Everybody Loves KoC and Industrial.Evolution that increase the number of industry on Agreus to 5.
But TASC has nothing to do with it (the techmining replacement work fine), as I though in the first place.

But there might be a mod incompatibility between TASC and Content Unlocking Missions, as Content Unlocking Missions seems to need techmining industry on Agreus.
It is not clear to me but Everybody Loves KoC, in previous version, was removing techmining and refining industries which caused some problems (seen in their respective topic).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2022, 01:35:27 PM by bodeshmoun »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: October 08, 2022, 05:41:41 PM »

Sorry to bother you about the PKD again, m8...

I think it would be better if it was an extra "military option" when interacting with the colony instead of an ability in the campaign, so other mods that make immediate use of the ListenerUtil.reportSaturationBombardmentFinished(null, market, null) could work with it better. As it stands, a mod that currently uses this listener crashes the game when the PKD is used because the event tied to the listener triggers in the bombed colony immediately after the reputation with other factions go down.

Which mod are you referring to? I'll download it and see if I can figure out why the crash is occurring.

Ok sorry, I play with lots of mods, and I forgot what is in vanilla, and what mods add.
So my suggestion was to replace dynamically all techmining industries including the ones added from the other mods.
I have done it manually in my game, but I understand this is more complex and prone to issues than the actual behaviour, so feel free to discard it.

And for information there is a mod compatibility issue between Everybody Loves KoC and Industrial.Evolution that increase the number of industry on Agreus to 5.
But TASC has nothing to do with it (the techmining replacement work fine), as I though in the first place.

But there might be a mod incompatibility between TASC and Content Unlocking Missions, as Content Unlocking Missions seems to need techmining industry on Agreus.
It is not clear to me but Everybody Loves KoC, in previous version, was removing techmining and refining industries which caused some problems (seen in their respective topic).

I'll download those mods and check what's going on with the compatibility issues. TASC has a settings option to disable automatically replacing the techmining industry on Agreus, so it might be necessary to use that if there's a compatibility problem.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 219