Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070454 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.4)
« Reply #1950 on: July 22, 2022, 05:53:53 AM »

Spoiler
One player reported when he was outside the core sector trying to view the description of the ability, "Deploy Planet-Killer Device". His game crashed.
This's his error:
90468 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
        at data.campaign.econ.abilities.Deploy_Planet_Killer.isUsable(Deploy_Planet_Killer.java:37)
        at data.campaign.econ.abilities.Deploy_Planet_Killer.createTooltip(Deploy_Planet_Killer.java:80)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.G$3.createImpl(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.create(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.showTooltip(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.ooOo.super.new(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.ooOo.processInput(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.processInput(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.dispatchEventsToChildren(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.v.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.AbilityPickerDialog.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.CampaignState.processInput(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

The "Deploy_Planet_Killer.java:37" is "SectorEntityToken closestMarketEntity = closestMarket.getPrimaryEntity();", which is belong to the function "isUsable".

Did this individual make changes to the source code of TASC? Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't appear that the line numbers in the stack trace match up with the default source code for 8.1.4. Line 37 from the 8.1.4 source file is actually "MarketAPI closestMarket = boggledTools.getClosestMarketToEntity(playerFleet);" and line 80 is "Color highlight = Misc.getHighlightColor();", which doesn't call isUsable.

Sir, this is some source code from file "Deploy_Planet_Killer.java". I have noted the error line.

@Override
    public void createTooltip(TooltipMakerAPI tooltip, boolean expanded) {
        Color highlight = Misc.getHighlightColor();
        Color bad = Misc.getNegativeHighlightColor();

LabelAPI title = tooltip.addTitle("Deploy Planet-Killer Device");
        float pad = 10.0F;
        tooltip.addPara("Use a planet-killer device to destroy a colony. This will severely damage relations with most major factions in the Sector.", pad, highlight, new String[]{});

SectorEntityToken playerFleet = Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet();
        MarketAPI targetMarket = boggledTools.getClosestMarketToEntity(playerFleet);

if (this.isUsable()) {      // Error Line : (Deploy_Planet_Killer.java:80)
            tooltip.addPara("Target colony: %s", pad, highlight, new String[]{targetMarket.getName()});
        }

if (playerFleet.isInHyperspace() || Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().isInHyperspaceTransition() || playerFleet.getStarSystem() == null) {
            tooltip.addPara("You cannot deploy a planet-killer device in hyperspace.", bad, pad);
        }

Can you send me the file you're getting that code from?

Sure.
[close]
My apologies for the confusion. My code appears to have a bug where if the player is in a system with no markets, a NullPointerException is thrown when they mouse over the Deploy Planet Killer ability. I'm going to do some testing to confirm it's fixed and then release an update. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

Hexxod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: July 22, 2022, 10:07:05 AM »

Is there a config option to enable terraforming for autonomous colonies?

They still benefits from the various structures, but planet change projects - Any of the projects, really - stall out once a colony is granted autonomy.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: July 22, 2022, 10:10:21 AM »

They still benefits from the various structures, but planet change projects - Any of the projects, really - stall out once a colony is granted autonomy.

No, I didn't account for the possibility of autonomous colonies when coding the terraforming logic. What happened to the projects when you granted autonomy to your colony? They just stop progressing?

Hexxod

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: July 22, 2022, 10:17:48 AM »

No, I didn't account for the possibility of autonomous colonies when coding the terraforming logic. What happened to the projects when you granted autonomy to your colony? They just stop progressing?

Yeah, stalled out. Taking temp control cycles progress forward for that day, but otherwise it doesn't advance.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: July 22, 2022, 10:31:07 AM »

Yeah, stalled out. Taking temp control cycles progress forward for that day, but otherwise it doesn't advance.

Ok, I'll look into it and issue a patch to make sure it works correctly. Thanks for letting me know about this!

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: July 25, 2022, 06:47:07 AM »

One player reported, the Autonomous AI Battlestation is disrupted after a battle, the original map location has only a hollow circle and even the description disappears after it exploded on the map. Even an orbital station that was disrupted at the same time as it will recover after a certain amount of time, but the Autonomous AI Battlestation does not. Is this a bug?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: July 25, 2022, 07:10:19 AM »

One player reported, the Autonomous AI Battlestation is disrupted after a battle, the original map location has only a hollow circle and even the description disappears after it exploded on the map. Even an orbital station that was disrupted at the same time as it will recover after a certain amount of time, but the Autonomous AI Battlestation does not. Is this a bug?

That's definitely a bug. I'll look into it and try to fix it for the next update. Thanks for reporting this!

dead5546

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: July 25, 2022, 05:42:41 PM »

Im having an issue where the terraforming progress/timer gets frozen. restarting starsector doesnt seem to fix the issue. it started after i enabled the optional features for colonys/stations. if it helps im using java 8

https://imgur.com/a/h8GUxi0

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: July 26, 2022, 06:04:47 AM »

Question, when choosing to add Volatiles to a planet without any, can you keep increasing them up to +2, or does it stop at -1? Cheers.

Gundamfan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: July 26, 2022, 06:36:50 AM »

As far as I know you need to use Console command mod, Ctrl+backspace to use the console mod
And type in Addcondition Volatile_Abundance to get the +2
You can also edit the Organic_Abundance, and Farmland_abundance to get +2 bonuses but never beyond +3 at the moment.
You can also edit the Ores and transponics metals by typing Addcondition Rare_ore_ultrarich and Ore_ultrarich respectively to get +3 bonuses and it also affect colonies and planet regardless of terrain. Hope this helps

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: July 26, 2022, 07:07:20 AM »

As far as I know you need to use Console command mod, Ctrl+backspace to use the console mod
You can also edit the Organic_Abundance, and Farmland_abundance to get +2 bonuses but never beyond +3 at the moment.
You can also edit the Ores and transponics metals by typing Addcondition Rare_ore_ultrarich and Ore_ultrarich respectively to get +3 bonuses and it also affect colonies and planet regardless of terrain. Hope this helps
Oh I didn't mean anything about console commands, in the terraform options menu there is an option to add volatiles to a planet, I think it's called "improve volatiles" though I am unsure if you can pick this option again after the first time, that's what I'm trying to find out. I prefer not to use console commands as I like my games legit.

Gundamfan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: July 26, 2022, 08:08:43 AM »

To answer that nope you pick once that's it
And it will not be available, unless you start a new game.

Wojmistrz

• Ensign
  • I love Sci-Fi <3 Stargate & Mass Effect <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: July 26, 2022, 01:34:34 PM »

Spoiler
One player reported when he was outside the core sector trying to view the description of the ability, "Deploy Planet-Killer Device". His game crashed.
This's his error:
90468 [Thread-4] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
        at data.campaign.econ.abilities.Deploy_Planet_Killer.isUsable(Deploy_Planet_Killer.java:37)
        at data.campaign.econ.abilities.Deploy_Planet_Killer.createTooltip(Deploy_Planet_Killer.java:80)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.StandardTooltipV2Expandable.beforeShown(Unknown Source)
        at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.AbilityPickerDialog.processInputImpl(Unknown Source)

The "Deploy_Planet_Killer.java:37" is "SectorEntityToken closestMarketEntity = closestMarket.getPrimaryEntity();", which is belong to the function "isUsable".

Did this individual make changes to the source code of TASC? Unless I'm missing something, it doesn't appear that the line numbers in the stack trace match up with the default source code for 8.1.4. Line 37 from the 8.1.4 source file is actually "MarketAPI closestMarket = boggledTools.getClosestMarketToEntity(playerFleet);" and line 80 is "Color highlight = Misc.getHighlightColor();", which doesn't call isUsable.

Sir, this is some source code from file "Deploy_Planet_Killer.java". I have noted the error line.

@Override

float pad = 10.0F;
        tooltip.addPara("Use a planet-killer device to destroy a colony. This will severely damage relations with most major factions in the Sector.", pad, highlight, new String[]{});

tooltip.addPara("Target colony: %s", pad, highlight, new String[]{targetMarket.getName()});
        }

if (playerFleet.isInHyperspace() || Global.getSector().getPlayerFleet().isInHyperspaceTransition() || playerFleet.getStarSystem() == null) {
            tooltip.addPara("You cannot deploy a planet-killer device in hyperspace.", bad, pad);
        }

Sure.
[close]
My apologies for the confusion. My code appears to have a bug where if the player is in a system with no markets, a NullPointerException is thrown when they mouse over the Deploy Planet Killer ability. I'm going to do some testing to confirm it's fixed and then release an update. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!

I can confirm that mouseovering on Planet Killer crashes with that error. Hope it will be resolved soon :D
P.S: I was flying in non-occupied system, dunno if it crashes when there is market in system tho.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 01:38:26 PM by Wojmistrz »

TheGodUncle

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: July 26, 2022, 04:33:10 PM »

Can you terraform all planet types? I'm not using any mods that add planet types so I'm just asking for the vanilla planet types. I have a barren world, frozen world and volcanic world in the system I'm using for my faction and I wanted to know if I could terraform them into habitable planets.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: July 27, 2022, 04:11:40 AM »

Can you terraform all planet types? I'm not using any mods that add planet types so I'm just asking for the vanilla planet types. I have a barren world, frozen world and volcanic world in the system I'm using for my faction and I wanted to know if I could terraform them into habitable planets.

Not all vanilla planet types can be terraformed. Volcanic worlds cannot be terraformed, but barren and frozen worlds generally can, depending on the conditions on the planet.

Spoiler
This's his error:

@Override

float pad = 10.0F;

}

}

Sure.
[close]

I can confirm that mouseovering on Planet Killer crashes with that error. Hope it will be resolved soon :D
P.S: I was flying in non-occupied system, dunno if it crashes when there is market in system tho.

Yup, sorry about this! I'm planning to release a patch this weekend to fix the bug.

Oh I didn't mean anything about console commands, in the terraform options menu there is an option to add volatiles to a planet, I think it's called "improve volatiles" though I am unsure if you can pick this option again after the first time, that's what I'm trying to find out. I prefer not to use console commands as I like my games legit.

The amount of volatiles you can add to a planet depends on the planet type. Frozen and Tundra worlds can support higher levels of volatiles than Jungle and Terran worlds. For the planets that can support more volatiles, you will need to complete the project to improve them multiple times to get the maximum amount.

Im having an issue where the terraforming progress/timer gets frozen. restarting starsector doesnt seem to fix the issue. it started after i enabled the optional features for colonys/stations. if it helps im using java 8

https://imgur.com/a/h8GUxi0

It's hard for me to identify the issue based on the information you provided. What specific settings values did you change? If you change them back, does terraforming progress resume?
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 219