Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1071949 times)

Re-Search-er

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.4)
« Reply #1920 on: July 15, 2022, 05:26:30 PM »

My Own Faction start was in Penelope's Star, and the following question needs to be asked.... Can I terraform a Barren World into a Habitable one. I like the Roleplay idea of finishing up the Domain's long abandoned terraforming project!

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: July 15, 2022, 06:00:19 PM »

Just a note: PRV and HMI have nothing to do with each other. PRV debris belt is from PRV mod. Being compatible with HMI has nothing to do with it.

J2Greene

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: July 15, 2022, 08:06:46 PM »

Indeed, you are right. In my mind I was confusing Hazard Mining (standalone) with Rust Belt (part of Prv).

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: July 16, 2022, 01:24:25 AM »

My Own Faction start was in Penelope's Star, and the following question needs to be asked.... Can I terraform a Barren World into a Habitable one. I like the Roleplay idea of finishing up the Domain's long abandoned terraforming project!
Yes. You can terraform Ogygia no problems.
You just need the right infrastructure to support it.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: July 16, 2022, 09:35:58 AM »

Thanks for the cool mod, Boggled, the Terraforming stuff is really great. I'm glad you added a reason to make the automated station in colonies. Do the new patrols use the ships associated with that station or do they use the player's blueprint doctrine?

The Remnant battlestation spawns fleets comprised of automated Remnant droneships.

Hello Mr.Boggled,
I've been trying out your TASC mod, and enjoying it quite a bit.

On my first attempt to construct a Mining Station, I ran into this small problem:
Spoiler
[close]

TASC does not think there is an asteroid belt, even though the nav screen disagrees: the belt is there.

Examining the savefile, it appears that the object is of type prv_debris_belt (added by the mod Hazard Mining Incorporated / Prv Starworks)
plugin cl="scripts.campaign.terrain.RustBeltTerrainPlugin" z="1074" tid="prv_debris_belt" n="Asteroid Belt" nTCA="false"

TSC, even though it is declared "Hazard Mining Incorporated - Compatible.", does not check for this type in boggledTools.java/playerFleetInAsteroidBelt() and several other similar functions.
The checks look like this
if (terrainID.equals("asteroid_field") || terrainID.equals("asteroid_belt"))

This can be responsible for some issues reported earlier in this thread where a system that visually seemed full of asteroid belts was not recognized by TASC.

If it is changed to something like
if (terrainID.contains("asteroid_field") || terrainID.contains("asteroid_belt") || terrainID.contains("debris_belt"))
will that fix it?

Potentially, besides prv_debris_belt, the H.M.I. mod could be adding some other asteroid-related object types, which could be relevant for station construction in TASC.
The surest way to know would be to check directly with the developer of Prv Starworks?

Versions used: Starsector 0.95.1a-RC6 & Terraforming and Station Construction 8.1.3 & Prv Starworks 22.0.0

Thanks for bringing this to my attention! I made changes so that TASC will recognize the prv Starworks asteroid belts. I don't plan to release another update for a couple months, but here's a link to a version of 8.1.4 with the updated code so you don't have to wait: https://github.com/boggled-starsector/boggled_modpack/raw/master/Terraforming%20and%20Station%20Construction%20-%20prv%20update.zip

topley

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.3)
« Reply #1925 on: July 16, 2022, 02:00:14 PM »

Recolonization has to be blocked on some stations because they're essential to the main questline. Essentially I just blocked recolonization on the types of stations that the main questline uses, so some unique stations that aren't involved will also be blocked.

Ah gotcha, but say if I were to hypothetically do this at my own risk, is there any easy way to unblock the restrictions via the settings file or do I need to delve a little deeper into the files? Also thanks for the reply, just wanted to add the idea of the optimizers and resource-improvements are fantastic.

J2Greene

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: July 16, 2022, 06:22:33 PM »

I am grateful for your quick response Mr.Boggled. After installing the hotfix, it seems like asteroid belts are now counted properly, including those belts from the Prv mod, and I was able to build my Mining Station there.

As a nice synergy, after the Mining Station was built inside the Prv debris belt, apparently some Prv scripts activated, and spawned a decently sized flotilla under the Rust Belt flag to guard the station.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: July 17, 2022, 08:45:01 AM »

Recolonization has to be blocked on some stations because they're essential to the main questline. Essentially I just blocked recolonization on the types of stations that the main questline uses, so some unique stations that aren't involved will also be blocked.

Ah gotcha, but say if I were to hypothetically do this at my own risk, is there any easy way to unblock the restrictions via the settings file or do I need to delve a little deeper into the files? Also thanks for the reply, just wanted to add the idea of the optimizers and resource-improvements are fantastic.

You would have to edit the source code to be able to colonize the blocked stations. I'll look into adding a settings toggle, but I think it will probably require a lot of development time, and almost no players will use it since it would need to have a scary warning that it could brick your save.

I am grateful for your quick response Mr.Boggled. After installing the hotfix, it seems like asteroid belts are now counted properly, including those belts from the Prv mod, and I was able to build my Mining Station there.

As a nice synergy, after the Mining Station was built inside the Prv debris belt, apparently some Prv scripts activated, and spawned a decently sized flotilla under the Rust Belt flag to guard the station.

I'm glad it worked. Is the appearance of the Rust Belt flotilla working as intended, or is that a bug?

J2Greene

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: July 18, 2022, 05:53:49 AM »

Prv debris belts are scripted to spawn all sorts of stuff, like pirate fleets that lurk in the belt and ambush the player; or, so it seems, Rust Belt patrol fleets that protect mining stations. Of course the Prv scripts never anticipated that the player would be able to build his own stations. It just found a station that was not guarded, and made a fleet for it. I mean it was completely unintentional, yet very natural.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: July 18, 2022, 06:10:10 AM »

Prv debris belts are scripted to spawn all sorts of stuff, like pirate fleets that lurk in the belt and ambush the player; or, so it seems, Rust Belt patrol fleets that protect mining stations. Of course the Prv scripts never anticipated that the player would be able to build his own stations. It just found a station that was not guarded, and made a fleet for it. I mean it was completely unintentional, yet very natural.

Ok, I won't make any changes to prevent this from happening then. Thanks!

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: July 18, 2022, 02:04:44 PM »

I think I found a few bugs:

I just colonized a continental world and I can't terraform it to Terran because it says it's already a Terran world in the project requirements.

The second is I can tell it to improve volatiles, despite there not being any volatile deposits on the planet.

And third is that it won't let me improve farmland because it says the colony lacks a large amount of water, despite this being a continental world. Unless this is only supposed to work on water or frozen worlds.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: July 18, 2022, 02:33:38 PM »

I just colonized a continental world and I can't terraform it to Terran because it says it's already a Terran world in the project requirements.

The second is I can tell it to improve volatiles, despite there not being any volatile deposits on the planet.

And third is that it won't let me improve farmland because it says the colony lacks a large amount of water, despite this being a continental world. Unless this is only supposed to work on water or frozen worlds.

Everything appears to be working as intended. Continental worlds are treated as being Terran by TASC, and you can add volatiles to Terran-class worlds even if they start with none.

Only Water worlds have a large amount of water - but you can provide access to it to other planets in the system by building Ismara's Sling or the Asteroid Processing buildings.

JenkoRun

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: July 18, 2022, 03:27:01 PM »

Everything appears to be working as intended. Continental worlds are treated as being Terran by TASC, and you can add volatiles to Terran-class worlds even if they start with none.

Only Water worlds have a large amount of water - but you can provide access to it to other planets in the system by building Ismara's Sling or the Asteroid Processing buildings.

Huh, didn't know it all worked like that, cheers!

DrKaczka

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v7.0.0)
« Reply #1933 on: July 19, 2022, 04:29:21 AM »

I have recently started using Terraforming and Station Construction. And I have a question.

Can you terraform volcanic worlds and if so how?

No, unless you change boggledEnableAllTerraformingProjects in the settings file to true.

I can't find it in the newest version of the mod but still want to disable the "planet not suitable for terraforming" thingy.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: July 19, 2022, 04:38:35 AM »

I have recently started using Terraforming and Station Construction. And I have a question.

Can you terraform volcanic worlds and if so how?

No, unless you change boggledEnableAllTerraformingProjects in the settings file to true.

I can't find it in the newest version of the mod but still want to disable the "planet not suitable for terraforming" thingy.

Those are very old posts - in the newest version of the mod, there is no way to terraform volcanic planets and gas giants. Sorry!
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 219