Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1071471 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.3)
« Reply #1890 on: July 04, 2022, 07:06:23 AM »

The description says that this is compatible with Unknown Skies, but Archipelago World is not considered a "water world", so much of the terraformation options are locked off for me. Is there a way around this issue?

The Archipelago World from US doesn't have the water covered surface condition, right? Thus it's not a water world.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: July 04, 2022, 01:12:01 PM »

Archipelago is, and is not, a water world.

It doesn't add the "water covered surface" but at same time it adds itself to the vanilla list of worlds that you can't build farming on them (and must build aquaculture).

I think intention was to be kinda the best of both worlds. Instead it is the worst of both worlds, you can't get farming bonuses, and you can't get waterworld bonuses either. Only advantage is it doesn't have water covered surface hazard rating.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: July 05, 2022, 01:07:26 AM »

It doesn't add the "water covered surface" but at same time it adds itself to the vanilla list of worlds that you can't build farming on them (and must build aquaculture).

I think intention was to be kinda the best of both worlds. Instead it is the worst of both worlds, you can't get farming bonuses, and you can't get waterworld bonuses either. Only advantage is it doesn't have water covered surface hazard rating.

Negative.
Archipelago worlds are 'standard' habitable worlds. They have farmland, can build farming and recieve benefits from things that boost farming.

Spoiler

[close]

They are functionally equivalent to Terran worlds (no built-in negative traits), despite being in a different hab category.

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: July 05, 2022, 04:37:04 AM »

Is it possible to have a way to reroll the mirror configuration? Mirrors sometimes get desynced from the planet or get rather weird configurations, like a solar shield for an ice planet.
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: July 05, 2022, 07:23:31 AM »

Is it possible to have a way to reroll the mirror configuration? Mirrors sometimes get desynced from the planet or get rather weird configurations, like a solar shield for an ice planet.

You can shut down the Stellar Reflector Array building and rebuild it (using console commands to speed it up).

This is the first time I'm hearing that reflectors can get desynced from the planet - can you post a screenshot and/or describe the circumstances under which it occurred?

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: July 05, 2022, 08:33:39 AM »

Negative.
Archipelago worlds are 'standard' habitable worlds. They have farmland, can build farming and recieve benefits from things that boost farming.

Spoiler

[close]

They are functionally equivalent to Terran worlds (no built-in negative traits), despite being in a different hab category.

Excerpt from Unknown skies source code:

US_modPlugin.java
    @Override
    public void onNewGameAfterProcGen() {

//Set aquaculture planets
        Farming.AQUA_PLANETS.add("US_water"); 
        Farming.AQUA_PLANETS.add("US_waterB");

excerpt from planets.json
  "US_water":{
    "name":"Archipelago",
    "descriptionId":"US_archipelago",
    "tilt":-30,

and

"US_waterB":{
    "name":"Archipelago",
    "descriptionId":"US_archipelago",

If you built a farm on a archipelago planet, it is a bug. Isn't supposed to happen.

Relevant excepert from Farming.java from vanilla game:
   @Override
   public boolean isAvailableToBuild() {
      if (!super.isAvailableToBuild()) return false;
      boolean aquaculture = Industries.AQUACULTURE.equals(getId());
      boolean canAquaculture = market.getPlanetEntity() != null &&
                         AQUA_PLANETS.contains(market.getPlanetEntity().getTypeId());
      if (aquaculture != canAquaculture) return false;

for (MarketConditionAPI mc : market.getConditions()) {
         String commodity = ResourceDepositsCondition.COMMODITY.get(mc.getId());
         if (commodity != null) {
            String industry = ResourceDepositsCondition.INDUSTRY.get(commodity);
            if (Industries.FARMING.equals(industry)) return true;
         }
      }
      return false;
   }

So no, I am not wrong. UnknownSkies deliberately, as the first thing it do in its modplugin, is to set archipelago planets to not allow farms and use aquaculture instead.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: July 05, 2022, 09:24:19 AM »

So no, I am not wrong. UnknownSkies deliberately, as the first thing it do in its modplugin, is to set archipelago planets to not allow farms and use aquaculture instead.

Changing content and/or fixing bugs in other mods is outside the scope of TASC. I would suggest posting in the Unknown Skies thread to inform Tartiflette there's a bug where Archipelago worlds are using Farming instead of Aquaculture and that they should have the water-covered surface condition.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: July 05, 2022, 11:34:33 AM »

I think the bug is in vanilla actually.

I was using archipelago on my own mod thus why I found all this out, sometimes I had to use aquaculture, sometimes I had to use farms, and I am not sure why. I think vanilla has a bug somewhere. Or mods that mod the vanilla farm (not sure what mod would be the one doing that).

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: July 06, 2022, 03:44:49 AM »

You can shut down the Stellar Reflector Array building and rebuild it (using console commands to speed it up).

This is the first time I'm hearing that reflectors can get desynced from the planet - can you post a screenshot and/or describe the circumstances under which it occurred?
I wish i could, but i've just seen it happen, like once or twice - it's a very rare occurrence for a mirror to just leave its planet entirely.
What happens much more often, is that locked-between-planet-and-sun mirror configurations lose their lock.
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: July 06, 2022, 05:14:15 AM »

What happens much more often, is that locked-between-planet-and-sun mirror configurations lose their lock.

This is also the first time I'm hearing about this. Does it only happen with my reflectors, or the vanilla ones at Eventide as well?

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: July 06, 2022, 05:50:37 AM »

Specifically your reflectors. Think the ones from the other terraforming mod also do this, but theirs are temporary, so it doesn't quite matter as much.
And it's not like it's a rare thing, i've seen it happen more often than the opposite.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: July 06, 2022, 06:33:58 AM »

Specifically your reflectors. Think the ones from the other terraforming mod also do this, but theirs are temporary, so it doesn't quite matter as much.
And it's not like it's a rare thing, i've seen it happen more often than the opposite.

Can you provide a video or screenshot, or method to reproduce the problem? I've never encountered this during my testing and I'm not sure what would cause it.

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: July 06, 2022, 07:09:16 AM »

Huh. After reading your code a bit more, i actually have no idea how it happened, since the one configuration i distinctly recall had 3 mirrors + 3 shades, and your code literally only ever spawns three mirrors of a single type.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: July 06, 2022, 07:14:12 AM »

Huh. After reading your code a bit more, i actually have no idea how it happened, since the one configuration i distinctly recall had 3 mirrors + 3 shades, and your code literally only ever spawns three mirrors of a single type.

Might be a different mod creating the reflectors then. I'm not sure which other mods do that - maybe DIY Planets?

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: July 06, 2022, 07:26:07 AM »

Probably them, yeah.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 219