Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070273 times)

exelsiar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.3)
« Reply #1860 on: June 15, 2022, 02:37:04 PM »

Shame about the volcanic but fair enough :)

-smacks head on desk-
I've definitely seen that several times, and have indeed enabled it and all other buildings in the settings. I seem to lack object permanence, ahh but then again I'm not overly surprised, my memory has been getting worse and worse.

Keep up the wonderful work dude ^_^

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: June 15, 2022, 02:43:34 PM »

Keep up the wonderful work dude ^_^

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the mod (despite the lack of volcanic terraforming)!

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: June 16, 2022, 12:29:09 AM »

Will there ever be a way to get water in systems without a water source? A slow and inefficient nebula condenser, maybe?
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: June 16, 2022, 01:22:04 AM »

Will there ever be a way to get water in systems without a water source? A slow and inefficient nebula condenser, maybe?
Asteroid processing built on a station will do this.

exelsiar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: June 16, 2022, 02:52:44 AM »

@boggled Hey I'm back with more idea's/issues.

I just noticed my famous volcanic planet is toxic as all hell. Would it be possible to enable the atmosphere building for such? After all the magnetosphere building is still available for volcanic worlds.
Same for gas giants, but extreme weather (just got around to colonising one.

Is there going to be a way to counter extreme weather so that we can terraform planets that are blocked by that?

Would it be possible to get a setting to edit the defence penalty from domed cities? I find the current setting a tad too harsh, though I definitely see the reasoning behind it.

I noticed an issue with water worlds. I says one can improve organics from none to what ever it was (I forget), but it refuses to let me do so.

Question about the lobsters from gene lab on water worlds. How long does it take to seed them? Or if it's mean't to be instant, that I have an issue..

God I hadn't realised just how much I'd noted down from just a few hours play time.

I'm looking forward to toying around with Ouyang and Planet Cracker.

« Last Edit: June 16, 2022, 07:31:06 AM by exelsiar »

Princess_of_Evil

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: June 16, 2022, 03:21:22 AM »

Asteroid processing built on a station will do this.
Oh, you can build it without actually needing any asteroids in the system? That's good.
Proof that you don't need to know any languages to translate, you just need to care.

Serenitis

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: June 16, 2022, 06:04:23 AM »

Oh, you can build it without actually needing any asteroids in the system? That's good.
It's a failsafe (of sorts).
More expensive than Ismara's Sling, but more flexible and always available.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: June 16, 2022, 06:31:29 AM »

I just noticed my famous volcanic planet is toxic as all hell. Would it be possible to enable the atmosphere building for such? After all the magnetosphere building is still available for volcanic worlds.
Same for gas giants, but extreme weather (just got around to colonising one.

Is there going to be a way to counter extreme weather so that we can terraform planets that are blocked by that?

Would it be possible to get a setting to edit the defence penalty from domed cities? I find the current setting a tad too harsh, though I definitely see the reasoning behind it.

I noticed an issue with water worlds. I says one can improve organics from none to what ever it was (I forget), but it refuses to let me do so.

Question about the lobsters from gene lab on water worlds. How long does it take to seed them? Or if it's mean't to be instant, that I have an issue..

God I hadn't realised just how much I'd noted down from just a few hours play time.

I'm looking forward to toying around with Ouyang and Planet Cracker.

No, I'm going to allow removing toxic atmosphere on volcanic planets or extreme weather on gas giants. Other planet types can remove it or suppress it with Domed Cities.

I've addressed the defense penalty on Domed Cities many times before this thread - ultimately I decided not to add a settings option to remove it.

Can you post a screenshot of the organics problem with the water world? I think it should be possible to increase them there.

Lobster seeding time is controlled via the settings file. If it happened instantly, you may have set the time to 1 day.

It seems like you really want to customize the mod even more than the settings file permits - I would recommend checking out the source code (https://github.com/boggled-starsector/boggled_modpack/blob/master/TASC-Source.zip) and making changes to it to fit exactly what you want. Removing the defense penalty on Domed Cities should be trivial.

exelsiar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: June 16, 2022, 07:30:40 AM »

No, I'm going to allow removing toxic atmosphere on volcanic planets or extreme weather on gas giants. Other planet types can remove it or suppress it with Domed Cities.

I've addressed the defense penalty on Domed Cities many times before this thread - ultimately I decided not to add a settings option to remove it.

Can you post a screenshot of the organics problem with the water world? I think it should be possible to increase them there.

Lobster seeding time is controlled via the settings file. If it happened instantly, you may have set the time to 1 day.

It seems like you really want to customize the mod even more than the settings file permits - I would recommend checking out the source code (https://github.com/boggled-starsector/boggled_modpack/blob/master/TASC-Source.zip) and making changes to it to fit exactly what you want. Removing the defense penalty on Domed Cities should be trivial.

For the toxic, weather and defence fair enough.

For the organics and lobster, I forgot I hadn't actually changed it to a water world yet, I just named it Water World, after the movie, naturally it's got extreme cold, yeah my system looked so nice when I picked it.. near the core, good ores/volatiles, which fitted my miner run to a T. Alas I ignored all the conditions. -sigh- Still, it's been an interesting learnin experience.

As for editing the mod, that's a tad out of my area of expertise.
My main aim from all this was just handing out ideas/suggestions, and attempting to point out bugs, though the bugs turned out to be user error.

I do have one last suggestion, perhaps allow AI cores on the buildings for the demand and upkeep bonus's?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: June 16, 2022, 07:41:11 AM »

I do have one last suggestion, perhaps allow AI cores on the buildings for the demand and upkeep bonus's?

I previously allowed this, but some of the buildings have no demand, or only demand DAE (which some players have disabled), so I had to come up with custom AI core bonuses that will be applicable even if there's no demand. Reading/understanding the custom bonuses added a lot of complexity and didn't really improve gameplay, so I just disabled slotting AI cores.

artanis57

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: June 16, 2022, 11:07:05 AM »

Question, what planets are elligible for terraforming?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: June 16, 2022, 11:25:50 AM »

Gas giants and volcanic planets can't be terraformed. The rest can support at least some types of terraforming depending on their temperature.

artanis57

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: June 16, 2022, 11:27:37 AM »

Gas giants and volcanic planets can't be terraformed. The rest can support at least some types of terraforming depending on their temperature.

Thanks for the quick answer, love the mod!

Kuroe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: June 17, 2022, 06:25:48 PM »

Thanks for the QoL change!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: June 18, 2022, 09:53:53 AM »

Thanks for the QoL change!

No problem. Thanks for the suggestion!
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 219