Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 221

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1094413 times)

artanis57

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.1)
« Reply #1845 on: June 12, 2022, 12:58:27 AM »

Sorry if this has been asked before but is this mod compatible with the 0.95.1a version of the game?

Yes, the latest version of this mod is compatible with the latest version of the base game. I just forgot to update the thread name - sorry!

Thanks for the answer!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: June 12, 2022, 05:20:40 AM »

A small QOL request, would it be possible to have an [Esc] shortcut added to the 'Cancel/Back' dialogue for the colony terraforming and crafting menus?

What version of the mod are you on? I thought I already added the escape shortcut to those menus in a previous patch.

AERO

• Ensign
  • Discord: aero.assault
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: June 12, 2022, 09:31:06 AM »

A small QOL request, would it be possible to have an [Esc] shortcut added to the 'Cancel/Back' dialogue for the colony terraforming and crafting menus?

What version of the mod are you on? I thought I already added the escape shortcut to those menus in a previous patch.

That would be the issue. :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 09:38:22 AM by AERO »

Whisena

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.2)
« Reply #1848 on: June 13, 2022, 01:58:51 PM »

Hi! Thanks for updating the mod.  I encountered a fatal error null crash when trying to start a new game. Here is the log for trying to start a new game.

303416 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.BoggledTascPlugin.addDomainTechBuildingsToVanillaColonies(BoggledTascPlugin.java:172)
   at data.scripts.BoggledTascPlugin.onGameLoad(BoggledTascPlugin.java:277)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.CampaignGameManager.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.title.TitleScreenState.dialogDismissed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.N.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.dismiss(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.save.if.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2022, 02:01:51 PM by Whisena »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.3)
« Reply #1849 on: June 13, 2022, 02:58:48 PM »

Hi! Thanks for updating the mod.  I encountered a fatal error null crash when trying to start a new game. Here is the log for trying to start a new game.

303416 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.NullPointerException
   at data.scripts.BoggledTascPlugin.addDomainTechBuildingsToVanillaColonies(BoggledTascPlugin.java:172)

I was able to reproduce this crash and I think it's fixed in 8.1.3. If it happens again please let me know. Thanks for reporting this and sorry for the inconvenience!

S7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: June 13, 2022, 03:17:04 PM »

Just tested out 8.1.2 with terraforming off (DIY compatibility) with an old save and it seems to be running fine.

Ancyra and Fikenhild have their unique structures with Domain-era Artifacts consumption.
Nomios Cryosanctum also has the Domain-era Artifacts consumption,
though the Cryosanctum on Sivie in Diable Avionics doesn't have Domain-era Artifact consumption.

Volturn also has the genelab and nothing seems to be wrong on the surface with DIY on.
Might try to gain ownership of Volturn and see if there's some problems.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: June 13, 2022, 04:18:15 PM »

though the Cryosanctum on Sivie in Diable Avionics doesn't have Domain-era Artifact consumption.

Hmm, I didn't account for the possibility that mods might add new planets with a Cryosanctum. I'll try to make a change in the next patch to modify all of them to require Domain-era artifacts, not just the one on Nomios. Thanks for the information!

Whisena

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: June 13, 2022, 04:27:02 PM »

I was able to reproduce this crash and I think it's fixed in 8.1.3. If it happens again please let me know. Thanks for reporting this and sorry for the inconvenience!

It is fixed, my old save works too. Thanks!

exelsiar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: June 13, 2022, 09:10:56 PM »

Hello, just got around to trying the terraforming function of this mod. Everything seemed to be going well as I started to understand what was needed. Only to find that the moment I tried opening the menu to actually build anything, the game CTD'd with this:

Code
Fatal: org.json.JSONException:
JSONObject["boggledLimeLightNetworkPlayerBuildEnabled"] not found.

From the log file:

Spoiler
16661718 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["boggledLimelightNetworkPlayerBuildEnabled"] not found.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["boggledLimelightNetworkPlayerBuildEnabled"] not found.
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getBoolean(Unknown Source)
   at data.campaign.econ.industries.Boggled_Limelight_Network.isAvailableToBuild(Boggled_Limelight_Network.java:70)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.updateTable(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.createUI(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryListPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.0000(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["boggledLimelightNetworkPlayerBuildEnabled"] not found.
   at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
   at org.json.JSONObject.getBoolean(JSONObject.java:422)
   ... 17 more
[close]

Side question, is it possible to terraform a volcanic planet? From what I was seeing in game, it appears no? :s

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1854 on: June 14, 2022, 06:25:33 AM »

Hello, just got around to trying the terraforming function of this mod. Everything seemed to be going well as I started to understand what was needed. Only to find that the moment I tried opening the menu to actually build anything, the game CTD'd with this:

Code
Fatal: org.json.JSONException:
JSONObject["boggledLimeLightNetworkPlayerBuildEnabled"] not found.

From the log file:

Spoiler
16661718 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["boggledLimelightNetworkPlayerBuildEnabled"] not found.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["boggledLimelightNetworkPlayerBuildEnabled"] not found.
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.0000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getBoolean(Unknown Source)
   at data.campaign.econ.industries.Boggled_Limelight_Network.isAvailableToBuild(Boggled_Limelight_Network.java:70)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.updateTable(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.createUI(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryPickerDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.ui.marketinfo.IndustryListPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.0000(Unknown Source)
Caused by: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["boggledLimelightNetworkPlayerBuildEnabled"] not found.
   at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
   at org.json.JSONObject.getBoolean(JSONObject.java:422)
   ... 17 more
[close]

This crash is happening because your settings file has a misspelled key in it - did you make any changes to your settings file? To fix the issue, delete your TASC mod folder and redownload it.

Side question, is it possible to terraform a volcanic planet? From what I was seeing in game, it appears no? :s

No, volcanic planets cannot be terraformed using this mod.

exelsiar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: June 14, 2022, 11:51:47 AM »

Ohh, heh now I feel dumb, ahh well, thank yee kindly.

Shame about the volcanic terraforming, may I ask why they can't be terraformed? it doesn't make much sense to me. Sure it'd be super hard, but should be possible lore wise.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: June 14, 2022, 12:01:04 PM »

Shame about the volcanic terraforming, may I ask why they can't be terraformed? it doesn't make much sense to me. Sure it'd be super hard, but should be possible lore wise.

What is the basis in the lore for terraforming volcanic planets? I assume that due to the extreme volcanism, the surface of the planet will be in large part covered in lava, making terraforming impossible.

speeder

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: June 14, 2022, 12:48:22 PM »

To be honest, with what we know of physics it is easier to build a dyson swarm that can fit quadrillions of people than terraforming a volcanic planet, as weird this sounds.

exelsiar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: June 15, 2022, 07:02:49 AM »

What is the basis in the lore for terraforming volcanic planets? I assume that due to the extreme volcanism, the surface of the planet will be in large part covered in lava, making terraforming impossible.

While I'm going to be over simplifying this.. by a LOT. Orbital mirrors to cool the planet, water to cool the lava further, atmospheric building to control / use the resulting outpouring of gases, along with the tectonic building.

I'm sure in reality it'd take a crap ton more this'd do for working with the game mechanics.

New side question, I've not noticed any options for modifying gravity? Like you've got the phase building, surely that could be used in someway to modify the grav?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: June 15, 2022, 08:23:01 AM »

While I'm going to be over simplifying this.. by a LOT. Orbital mirrors to cool the planet, water to cool the lava further, atmospheric building to control / use the resulting outpouring of gases, along with the tectonic building.

I'm sure in reality it'd take a crap ton more this'd do for working with the game mechanics.

I'm sure I could come up with some lore explanation to allow terraforming of volcanic planets (and gas giants) if I wanted it to be possible for gameplay reasons. But I think the gameplay is actually better if they can't be terraformed, so I'll just go with the more realistic option and disallow it.

To be honest, with what we know of physics it is easier to build a dyson swarm that can fit quadrillions of people than terraforming a volcanic planet, as weird this sounds.

Yeah, I'm pretty much in agreement with this.

New side question, I've not noticed any options for modifying gravity? Like you've got the phase building, surely that could be used in someway to modify the grav?

Have you noticed the Planetary Agrav Field building? That will suppress high and low gravity - you just have to enable it in the settings file.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 08:24:36 AM by boggled »
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 221