Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 221

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1094551 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.1)
« Reply #1830 on: June 01, 2022, 06:21:42 AM »

I have a question regarding the overwrites for vanilla market conditions in market_conditions.csv.

Will they still be used even if I disable all terraforming features that relate to them (I disabled everything except being able to create mining stations in the settings file, including the "no atmosphere" change) ?
I ask because they seem to be applied regardless (different icon for solar array condition for example), and I'm scared they might interact poorly with some other mods (i.e if the ruins overwrites are to change their drops).

Besides that, thanks for this great mod. I think that you should update the features section of the first post eventually, much that has been added over time isn't there and new players may not realize just how much this mod can add to the game!

I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

Yes, the condition overrides are still applied even if the related features are disabled. As far as I know, there are no compatibility problems with any other mod related to the condition overrides, and they don't change drop tables. If you're still worried, you can delete or comment out all the conditions in the market conditions csv file to stop the overriding.

I've tried to keep the features page updated - what features did you notice are missing?

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: June 01, 2022, 04:32:30 PM »

Yes, the condition overrides are still applied even if the related features are disabled. As far as I know, there are no compatibility problems with any other mod related to the condition overrides, and they don't change drop tables. If you're still worried, you can delete or comment out all the conditions in the market conditions csv file to stop the overriding.

I've tried to keep the features page updated - what features did you notice are missing?

The newer structures that require the user to enable them in the settings for example, like the Harmonic Damper or the Planet Cracker - unless a player looked at past changelogs, they may not know about them without having already downloaded the mod and looked at its files.

I have another question and a piece of feedback:

Do stations built in a system already claimed by another non-commissioned faction eventually trigger the launch of saturation bombardment fleets the same way planetary colonies do? Or are they exempt from that rule?

When a station is done building, the standard "You fleet goes into orbit around x" screen pops up. If you have stations set to instantly complete that's fine (you're on top of it), but if you don't (delayed construction option turned on) that screen will appear no matter how far you are from the station when it completes - allowing you to interact with it as if you were there (i.e able to visit the bar).
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: June 01, 2022, 04:53:22 PM »

The newer structures that require the user to enable them in the settings for example, like the Harmonic Damper or the Planet Cracker - unless a player looked at past changelogs, they may not know about them without having already downloaded the mod and looked at its files.

I have another question and a piece of feedback:

Do stations built in a system already claimed by another non-commissioned faction eventually trigger the launch of saturation bombardment fleets the same way planetary colonies do? Or are they exempt from that rule?

When a station is done building, the standard "You fleet goes into orbit around x" screen pops up. If you have stations set to instantly complete that's fine (you're on top of it), but if you don't (delayed construction option turned on) that screen will appear no matter how far you are from the station when it completes - allowing you to interact with it as if you were there (i.e able to visit the bar).

I deliberately excluded the non-default options from the features guide because most players will never use them, and I wanted to keep the features guide short to increase readability.

I haven't tested it myself, but other players indicated that building stations in occupied systems will result in a saturation bombing fleet being dispatched.

I know the popup is a problem with delayed construction, but if the player doesn't interact with the colony soon after construction finishes, a bug will occur where the population size increases rapidly. I'll see if this still happens in the latest version of Starsector and change this in the next patch if possible.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: June 01, 2022, 05:01:13 PM »

Thanks for the quick answers.
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$

DrTechman42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: June 09, 2022, 09:01:14 AM »

Hello, I have a crash situation here.
Here is the log
Spoiler
5357033 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ClassCastException: data.scripts.terrain.MagicAsteroidFieldTerrainPlugin cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.AsteroidFieldTerrainPlugin
java.lang.ClassCastException: data.scripts.terrain.MagicAsteroidFieldTerrainPlugin cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.AsteroidFieldTerrainPlugin
   at data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.getAsteroidFieldOrbit(boggledTools.java:482)
   at data.campaign.econ.abilities.Construct_Mining_Station.activateImpl(Construct_Mining_Station.java:67)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.abilities.BaseDurationAbility.activate(BaseDurationAbility.java:220)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.abilities.BaseDurationAbility.pressButton(BaseDurationAbility.java:187)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.G.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

Tried constructing a mining station and crashed. I've previously been able to do that successfully, so I'm not sure what went wrong here.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: June 09, 2022, 09:03:41 AM »

Hello, I have a crash situation here.
Here is the log
Spoiler
5357033 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.ClassCastException: data.scripts.terrain.MagicAsteroidFieldTerrainPlugin cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.AsteroidFieldTerrainPlugin
java.lang.ClassCastException: data.scripts.terrain.MagicAsteroidFieldTerrainPlugin cannot be cast to com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.terrain.AsteroidFieldTerrainPlugin
   at data.campaign.econ.boggledTools.getAsteroidFieldOrbit(boggledTools.java:482)
   at data.campaign.econ.abilities.Construct_Mining_Station.activateImpl(Construct_Mining_Station.java:67)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.abilities.BaseDurationAbility.activate(BaseDurationAbility.java:220)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.impl.campaign.abilities.BaseDurationAbility.pressButton(BaseDurationAbility.java:187)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.newui.G.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.?00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
[close]

Tried constructing a mining station and crashed. I've previously been able to do that successfully, so I'm not sure what went wrong here.

Hmm, where did this crash occur? In a procedurally generated system, or a core world system? Can you send a screenshot of the location? Thanks!

DrTechman42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: June 09, 2022, 09:12:03 AM »

Hmm, where did this crash occur? In a procedurally generated system, or a core world system? Can you send a screenshot of the location? Thanks!
Yeah, sure. It was a random one. It'd happened right here.
Edit: the only thing that I've done to the system is that I've teleported New Mezan here via IndEvo. But I've previously done it and did not encounter a crash.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 09:14:04 AM by DrTechman42 »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: June 09, 2022, 09:12:50 AM »

Yeah, sure. It was a random one. It'd happened right here.

I'll look into this. Thanks for letting me know about it!

Aran1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: June 09, 2022, 03:31:39 PM »

ive never used them before and have 2 questions about the planet cracker / ouyang optimizer. will it still work if the planet has a colony on it? is it a permanent building on the station or does it go away once theyve done their job?

i have both terraforming mods so i was wondering if this was a way to boost resources more then once since the other terraforming mod can remove tectonic activity / extreme weather and thats the only listed restriction.

why it matters:
im not sure how many people know this but if a colony has a mine on it and the resources it collects are changed then it adds another base production as well as the resource bonus if there is one. so increasing ores would result in more then just a -1 to +3 bonus to the production.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: June 09, 2022, 04:04:22 PM »

ive never used them before and have 2 questions about the planet cracker / ouyang optimizer. will it still work if the planet has a colony on it? is it a permanent building on the station or does it go away once theyve done their job?

i have both terraforming mods so i was wondering if this was a way to boost resources more then once since the other terraforming mod can remove tectonic activity / extreme weather and thats the only listed restriction.

why it matters:
im not sure how many people know this but if a colony has a mine on it and the resources it collects are changed then it adds another base production as well as the resource bonus if there is one. so increasing ores would result in more then just a -1 to +3 bonus to the production.

Using TASC and DIY planets together (without first disabling terraforming features in TASC) is not supported. You should expect to encounter bugs.

Planet Cracker and Ouyang Optimizer permanently change the effected planet, and will work even if the planet has a colony on it. I'll check to make sure the resource production from mining is set correctly after using Planet Cracker or Ouyang Optimizer on a planet with a colony.

Aran1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: June 09, 2022, 04:39:53 PM »

I'll check to make sure the resource production from mining is set correctly after using Planet Cracker or Ouyang Optimizer on a planet with a colony.

its a base game bug but if you can fix it that would be pretty cool :D

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: June 10, 2022, 08:56:24 AM »

I'll check to make sure the resource production from mining is set correctly after using Planet Cracker or Ouyang Optimizer on a planet with a colony.

its a base game bug but if you can fix it that would be pretty cool :D

I just did a test and it appears the Ouyang Optimizer and Planet Cracker set the correct production values for the Mining industry on planets with a colony. There is no "double production" of resources. If you can post screenshots of the bug occurring on the latest patch of vanilla and TASC I'll take another look, but I think it's fixed (at least with TASC content).

artanis57

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: June 11, 2022, 09:09:48 AM »

Sorry if this has been asked before but is this mod compatible with the 0.95.1a version of the game?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.1)
« Reply #1843 on: June 11, 2022, 11:04:35 AM »

Sorry if this has been asked before but is this mod compatible with the 0.95.1a version of the game?

Yes, the latest version of this mod is compatible with the latest version of the base game. I just forgot to update the thread name - sorry!

AERO

• Ensign
  • Discord: aero.assault
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95.1a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.1)
« Reply #1844 on: June 11, 2022, 07:23:51 PM »

A small QOL request, would it be possible to have an [Esc] shortcut added to the 'Cancel/Back' dialogue for the colony terraforming and crafting menus?
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 221