Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 221

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.8)  (Read 1094585 times)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.1)
« Reply #1815 on: May 26, 2022, 04:29:05 PM »

Hello all, sorry for the noob question but how do I construct stations? I have terraforming all figured out but I can't seem to figure out stations.

Add the respective abilities to your ability bar.

Hi, I love the mod and I have a quick question. I've just constructed two Astropoli, is there a setting or edit I can make to change the sprite the Astropolis station uses? My faction is almost exclusively high-tech, so I'd love to be able to use station_hightech3 which is much bigger and on-brand than station_lowtech1. Or if this is a function already in the game, point me in the right direction?

There's no settings option to swap the sprites.

You can replace the image files in the vanilla starsector graphics folder, which is where the astropoli sprites are loaded from, but the lights overlay may not work correctly and other mods that rely on those sprites may also stop working correctly.

That'll work just fine, thank you for the advice. If you take suggestions, it might be a cool feature if the astropolis's appearance was based on the tech level / size of the defense station built around it, just for some extra visual fluff.

That's an interesting idea. Unfortunately it would take a (surprisingly) large amount of work to switch to that system because of the lights overlay on the astropolis sprites, and I'm not sure it would be best use of my development time.

will the domain crafting work with xlu's battle yards or only with orbital works?

Only the vanilla orbital works.

Can i craft industrial evolution items using the domain era artifacts?

No, only vanilla special items. As I indicated previously earlier in the thread, I don't want to allow creation of special items from other mods because if the other mod updates/changes those items, it would cause a crash until I updated my mod.

TalkIsCheap

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: May 27, 2022, 05:03:15 AM »

Hi sorry if this question has already been asked, is there any way to colonise the Abandoned Spacedock near Chalcedon?

Is there anyway I can edit the settings to enable me to colonise it?

Thanks

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: May 27, 2022, 08:09:04 AM »

Hi sorry if this question has already been asked, is there any way to colonise the Abandoned Spacedock near Chalcedon?

Thanks
You have to add an actual market to that one. As every station that could be used for storage is one technically. No idea what commands you have to use unfortunately.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: May 27, 2022, 02:05:07 PM »

Thanks
You have to add an actual market to that one. As every station that could be used for storage is one technically. No idea what commands you have to use unfortunately.

The primary reason a station needs to have a market is to prevent the player from colonizing stations that can be salvaged from and stations that play a role in the main questline or have a unique description. I think the Chalcedon spacedock falls into the latter category.

Aran1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1819 on: May 29, 2022, 11:11:56 PM »

im not sure if you can do anything about this, the mod treats debris fields the same as siphon stations so you cant build a siphon if a field is too close to the gas giant. might also consider the orbital-star fortresses(or specifically lane state stations) as a block for siphons. if not then i have no idea whats blocking the other location.

is this is a moment where its trying to say the area is blocked but used the default "the siphon station already in use?"

TheHZDev

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: May 30, 2022, 04:24:37 AM »

Even if I have heavy industry with pristine nanoforgeafter in my habitable colony, I can use the GeneLab to remove pollution after I update it to orbital works.
Is this a bug?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1821 on: May 30, 2022, 09:01:57 AM »

im not sure if you can do anything about this, the mod treats debris fields the same as siphon stations so you cant build a siphon if a field is too close to the gas giant. might also consider the orbital-star fortresses(or specifically lane state stations) as a block for siphons. if not then i have no idea whats blocking the other location.

is this is a moment where its trying to say the area is blocked but used the default "the siphon station already in use?"

I'm not sure I understand the situation you're describing. Can you post a screenshot of it with the Construct Siphon Station tooltip visible?

Even if I have heavy industry with pristine nanoforgeafter in my habitable colony, I can use the GeneLab to remove pollution after I update it to orbital works.
Is this a bug?

Yes, that's a bug. Thanks for letting me know - I'll fix it in the next patch!

Aran1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: May 30, 2022, 10:36:22 AM »

I'm not sure I understand the situation you're describing. Can you post a screenshot of it with the Construct Siphon Station tooltip visible?

gas giant + debris field = gas giant already has siphon station. image 1; tooltip. image 2; debri field. couldnt get entire gas giant due to attachment restrictions.

to the best of my understanding this is the issue;

im not able to make the siphon station because the gas giant "already has one" but all it has is a debris field and 3 astropolis. due to an issue described more later i always try to build the siphon stations first so as far as i can tell the only thing blocking me from building this could have been the debris field that was generated during sector creation.

ive been unable to get a repeat of this issue so i cant provide a photo of it and am probably wrong about the cause of the issue;

on a previous run i built an orbital station from the lane state union, blue mod by Protonus, first because i couldnt afford a siphon station. when i finally tried to build the siphon station i got the same tool tip message about gas giant only supporting one siphon station. which is why the siphon is super cheap now so i can build it before anything else.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Starkiller Actual

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1823 on: May 30, 2022, 03:18:40 PM »

Hi, I have a quick question... when I got to improve crop yield on a Terran world it tells me I don't have large amounts of water. Am I doing something wrong? Pretty sure the planet got plenty of water. Is there a way to add water? Do I need to build something?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: May 30, 2022, 03:48:44 PM »

gas giant + debris field = gas giant already has siphon station. image 1; tooltip. image 2; debri field. couldnt get entire gas giant due to attachment restrictions.

to the best of my understanding this is the issue;

im not able to make the siphon station because the gas giant "already has one" but all it has is a debris field and 3 astropolis. due to an issue described more later i always try to build the siphon stations first so as far as i can tell the only thing blocking me from building this could have been the debris field that was generated during sector creation.

ive been unable to get a repeat of this issue so i cant provide a photo of it and am probably wrong about the cause of the issue;

on a previous run i built an orbital station from the lane state union, blue mod by Protonus, first because i couldnt afford a siphon station. when i finally tried to build the siphon station i got the same tool tip message about gas giant only supporting one siphon station. which is why the siphon is super cheap now so i can build it before anything else.

I'm unable to replicate the bug you experienced where the debris field was blocking siphon station construction. Was the gas giant procedurally generated or part of the core worlds?

There are several types of stations which count as being a siphon station for purposes of determining whether one already exists. I'll check if the ones from the mod you mentioned are being counted and fix it if necessary. Thanks for letting me know about this!

Hi, I have a quick question... when I got to improve crop yield on a Terran world it tells me I don't have large amounts of water. Am I doing something wrong? Pretty sure the planet got plenty of water. Is there a way to add water? Do I need to build something?

To satisfy the large amount of water requirement, you need to have a water or frozen planet with Ismara's Sling in the system, or a station with the Asteroid Processing building in the system.

Aran1

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: May 30, 2022, 05:20:17 PM »

I'm unable to replicate the bug you experienced where the debris field was blocking siphon station construction. Was the gas giant procedurally generated or part of the core worlds?

sorry i should have included this sooner, im doing the armaa sleepers start from the Arma Armatura mod by shoi which adds a system near the top right of core. i was able to add a siphon to the gas giant that gets spawned in with this start in my other run but not this one which is what led me to assume it was the debris spawning next to it. the last time i did this start the system spawned in at a different location in the top right then it did this time.

gl looking into it, i hope its not some weird interaction from the various mods i have.

edit 1: spelling
edit 2: between the previous run and now the arma armature has updated so it could be something from that mod causing issues. ive done 2 restarts and both large / small sector have the debris spawning next to the gas giant and the tooltip about there already being a siphon station there.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 06:15:07 PM by Aran1 »

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: May 31, 2022, 05:54:16 AM »

sorry i should have included this sooner, im doing the armaa sleepers start from the Arma Armatura mod by shoi which adds a system near the top right of core. i was able to add a siphon to the gas giant that gets spawned in with this start in my other run but not this one which is what led me to assume it was the debris spawning next to it. the last time i did this start the system spawned in at a different location in the top right then it did this time.

gl looking into it, i hope its not some weird interaction from the various mods i have.

edit 1: spelling
edit 2: between the previous run and now the arma armature has updated so it could be something from that mod causing issues. ive done 2 restarts and both large / small sector have the debris spawning next to the gas giant and the tooltip about there already being a siphon station there.

Ok, I'll take a look at that mod too. Thanks!

Helixien

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: May 31, 2022, 12:08:26 PM »

Not sure this has been asked before, but can we get underground cities for plents with extreme heat or extreme cold? Similar to Sindria?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: May 31, 2022, 12:22:43 PM »

Not sure this has been asked before, but can we get underground cities for plents with extreme heat or extreme cold? Similar to Sindria?

I believe Sindria still has the extreme heat malus on it, even though the flavor text says the cities are underground. Besides, underground cities wouldn't necessary mitigate extreme heat - economic activity on/near the surface would still be impacted.

Helldiver

• Captain
  • space fruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: May 31, 2022, 07:15:43 PM »

I have a question regarding the overwrites for vanilla market conditions in market_conditions.csv.

Will they still be used even if I disable all terraforming features that relate to them (I disabled everything except being able to create mining stations in the settings file, including the "no atmosphere" change) ?
I ask because they seem to be applied regardless (different icon for solar array condition for example), and I'm scared they might interact poorly with some other mods (i.e if the ruins overwrites are to change their drops).

Besides that, thanks for this great mod. I think that you should update the features section of the first post eventually, much that has been added over time isn't there and new players may not realize just how much this mod can add to the game!
Afflictor bean plushie that glows purple when you squeeze it
30$
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 221