Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070382 times)

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.0.2)
« Reply #1770 on: May 13, 2022, 06:16:03 AM »

A QoL suggestion on interaction between this mod and Industrial Evolution
Kletka and Supercomputer are a match made in Hell (the last, frozen layer of it). They fit perfectly together. Could it be possible to allow Kletka to store made AI cores directly into Supercomputer's storage? Make it toggleable, ofc, maybe with some specific settings (I don't wanna my alpha AIs to get crunched when I need them for my other industries!)
You can do that already via Courier Port.

Garessta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1771 on: May 13, 2022, 07:52:57 AM »

Oh, that sounds cool! I didn't know it could do that so I never even built it XD
Should try!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1772 on: May 13, 2022, 10:02:13 AM »

Not using Adjusted Sector at the moment, so I believe it is just a planet from the standard system generation.

I am running Lights Out, but all the moons that mod generations have an id that starts with sstc, which is not the case for the planet in question (Foundation): https://imgur.com/a/yO0fQeG

I believe this is a standard generated planet with the vanilla reflector array condition.

Hmm, I'm not sure why that planet didn't get the Stellar Reflector Array building placed on it automatically when you colonized it.

Do you have boggledStellarReflectorArrayMarketAutoPlacementEnabled set to false in the settings file? Does the planet have the Stellar Reflector condition that gives +2 to farming?

SoSD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1773 on: May 13, 2022, 05:02:32 PM »

Ah, that must be it.

I just checked, and found the auto-placement config was indeed set to false, so there's no building but there is the condition with +2 to farming.

So it makes sense that terraforming would fail if it is looking for the building.

That said, I feel like it would be neat if the terraforming requirements were based on the condition rather than the structure, since one could argue that part of the bonus of finding a planet with an Domain era array could be that it doesn't require a building slot or upkeep like an array constructed with current technology.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1774 on: May 13, 2022, 05:36:42 PM »

Ah, that must be it.

I just checked, and found the auto-placement config was indeed set to false, so there's no building but there is the condition with +2 to farming.

So it makes sense that terraforming would fail if it is looking for the building.

That said, I feel like it would be neat if the terraforming requirements were based on the condition rather than the structure, since one could argue that part of the bonus of finding a planet with an Domain era array could be that it doesn't require a building slot or upkeep like an array constructed with current technology.

With default settings, the Solar Array condition and Stellar Reflector Array building are linked - a planet cannot have one and not the other.

I'll make a change in the next patch so that the terraforming logic looks for the condition instead of the building, that way planets like the one you have can be terraformed without constructing the Stellar Reflector Array building first.

SoSD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1775 on: May 13, 2022, 05:39:47 PM »

Awesome, thanks!  8)

1stStrikeRecon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.1.0)
« Reply #1776 on: May 15, 2022, 10:13:37 AM »

Really enjoying the mod. Probably a dumb question, but for the 8.1 update in mentioning it's not backwards compatible does that also mean it's not update compatible from 8.0.2?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1777 on: May 15, 2022, 10:32:15 AM »

Really enjoying the mod. Probably a dumb question, but for the 8.1 update in mentioning it's not backwards compatible does that also mean it's not update compatible from 8.0.2?

Yes, that's correct. You could try it and see what happens, but I can't guarantee that you won't experience game breaking bugs. Sorry!

1stStrikeRecon

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1778 on: May 15, 2022, 10:35:22 AM »

Yes, that's correct. You could try it and see what happens, but I can't guarantee that you won't experience game breaking bugs. Sorry!

No worries, thanks for the mod and prompt response!

S7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1779 on: May 15, 2022, 02:21:06 PM »

Did a light run on a previous version save (8.0.2) with Terraforming off (running DIY Planets mod) and haven't had a crash yet.
It loaded up well and fine with the new changes (crafting menu exists, gate construction reqs in place).

I was just wondering if it's possible to implement the crafting of DIY Planets consumable terraforming artifacts to the new crafting system?
I understand if it isnt a feasible option since the mod dev for DIY seems to be in hiatus and the stability of that mod is in question.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1780 on: May 15, 2022, 03:25:51 PM »

Did a light run on a previous version save (8.0.2) with Terraforming off (running DIY Planets mod) and haven't had a crash yet.
It loaded up well and fine with the new changes (crafting menu exists, gate construction reqs in place).

I was just wondering if it's possible to implement the crafting of DIY Planets consumable terraforming artifacts to the new crafting system?
I understand if it isnt a feasible option since the mod dev for DIY seems to be in hiatus and the stability of that mod is in question.

I don't think it's a good idea to implement crafting of special items from other mods. The main problem is that the special items from other mods could be changed or removed at any time, which could cause my mod to not work properly until I issue a patch.

S7

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1781 on: May 15, 2022, 04:07:44 PM »

I don't think it's a good idea to implement crafting of special items from other mods. The main problem is that the special items from other mods could be changed or removed at any time, which could cause my mod to not work properly until I issue a patch.

Alrighty, thanks for the reply!

Kuroe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1782 on: May 15, 2022, 05:39:49 PM »

Hi just wanted to save love your mod. Been using it since I've started playing. One QoL thing I was hoping you could add is the ability to cancel terraforming? Sometimes I click add volatiles on a planet that I plan to use soil nanites on and there's no way to cancel it except to choose another terraforming option.

Whisena

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1783 on: May 16, 2022, 01:17:47 AM »

Hi! Love your mod. I do think being able to just craft any item right from the start is a bit broken. What do you think of a system that requires the player to find the item first and sacrifice said item in an industry in order for your scientists to reverse engineer them, then the player will unlock the ability to craft the item? Just a suggestion, great mod regardless and thank you for your work!

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1784 on: May 16, 2022, 02:30:18 PM »

Hi just wanted to save love your mod. Been using it since I've started playing. One QoL thing I was hoping you could add is the ability to cancel terraforming? Sometimes I click add volatiles on a planet that I plan to use soil nanites on and there's no way to cancel it except to choose another terraforming option.

You can also "cancel" terraforming projects by causing one of the requirements to become false, which will keep the project stalled indefinitely.

That being said, I'll add an option to cancel the current terraforming project in the next patch. Thanks for your feedback and I'm glad you're enjoying the mod!

Hi! Love your mod. I do think being able to just craft any item right from the start is a bit broken. What do you think of a system that requires the player to find the item first and sacrifice said item in an industry in order for your scientists to reverse engineer them, then the player will unlock the ability to craft the item? Just a suggestion, great mod regardless and thank you for your work!

I'm glad you like the mod!

I think it's not accurate to say the player can craft anything they want right from the start, since the requirements for crafting are a size 5 colony and Orbital Works with a pristine nanoforge installed. The player will not be able to start crafting until they've reached the late game and probably already have several special items.

I do think some additional requirements might be appropriate to make the system more interesting. I don't think "sacrificing" items to get a blueprint is a good idea, since the player will only need a single copy of many of the special items, and may be unable to find even a single copy of some items.

I'm considering adding a requirement that each item crafted costs two story points in addition to the other requirements. This will force the player to choose between crafting special items, improving their buildings, or doing other stuff like putting permanent mods in their fleet. What do you think about that?
Pages: 1 ... 117 118 [119] 120 121 ... 219