Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070819 times)

TalRaziid

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.0.2)
« Reply #1755 on: April 22, 2022, 02:27:14 PM »

Does one need to disable *all* terraforming in this mod to be compat with DIY planets? the domed cities and genelabs and mezoic park are all nice stuff id like to have while still using DIY

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: April 22, 2022, 02:39:06 PM »

Does one need to disable *all* terraforming in this mod to be compat with DIY planets? the domed cities and genelabs and mezoic park are all nice stuff id like to have while still using DIY

No, you can leave those buildings enabled and it should still be compatible with DIY Planets. The main thing to disable (or simply not use) is the projects to change the planet type and planet conditions.

Floorbo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: April 22, 2022, 11:21:50 PM »

plz when is the new update this is my fav mod i want to make my own sun a power source

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: April 23, 2022, 03:08:01 AM »

... Why does it need updating? (As opposed to being nice to have.)
Quote from: Boggled
Future plans:
- Allowing Remant battlestations to spawn their own patrols around your colony.
- Construction of coronal hypershunts.
- Terraforming in starless systems using the fusion lamp.
- Crafting special items using Domain-era artifacts.
- Unique buildings that demand Domain-era artifacts.

I also feel that the mod is in a really good place right now and wouldn't hurt much if we never saw any of that, but some of these would be cool to have. Especially the crafting system for me. The academics aren't very reliable and I had situations when I didn't have the colony item I wanted even after exploring basically the entire sector and using your modded Tech-Mining on vast ruins for nearly a decade's worth of cycles.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: April 23, 2022, 07:17:08 AM »

... Why does it need updating? (As opposed to being nice to have.)
Quote from: Boggled
Future plans:
- Allowing Remant battlestations to spawn their own patrols around your colony.
- Construction of coronal hypershunts.
- Terraforming in starless systems using the fusion lamp.
- Crafting special items using Domain-era artifacts.
- Unique buildings that demand Domain-era artifacts.

I also feel that the mod is in a really good place right now and wouldn't hurt much if we never saw any of that, but some of these would be cool to have. Especially the crafting system for me. The academics aren't very reliable and I had situations when I didn't have the colony item I wanted even after exploring basically the entire sector and using your modded Tech-Mining on vast ruins for nearly a decade's worth of cycles.

Sorry for the delay in updating the mod. I just haven't had much time to work on it recently, but once I do the crafting system will be the first new feature to be implemented. Thank you for your continued patience!

Floorbo

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: April 23, 2022, 10:08:39 AM »

no problem love the mod

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: April 23, 2022, 10:11:48 AM »

Sorry for the delay in updating the mod. I just haven't had much time to work on it recently, but once I do the crafting system will be the first new feature to be implemented. Thank you for your continued patience!

This isn't paid work and there's no deadline. Take your time.

Thyrork

• Lieutenant
  • Give more then you take.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: April 27, 2022, 03:15:15 AM »

Take your time. I do have a small request if its no pain when you update; while console commands let me do it just fine, a way to terraform away from having any volatiles on a planet would be nice. Since Soil Nanites cant work on worlds with volatile deposits terraforming <something> into Terran can result in a missed chance to use it.
Bio engineering starship mods is extremely Safe. I did the math.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: April 27, 2022, 02:16:26 PM »

Take your time. I do have a small request if its no pain when you update; while console commands let me do it just fine, a way to terraform away from having any volatiles on a planet would be nice. Since Soil Nanites cant work on worlds with volatile deposits terraforming <something> into Terran can result in a missed chance to use it.

I'm against implementing this because I want the player to have to make trade offs and have tough decisions when terraforming. If I allow removal of volatiles, it will contribute to there being one "ideal" or best planet configuration, which creates boring gameplay.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: April 27, 2022, 02:34:13 PM »

Giving more options for less "optimal" planet types might be a better way to do that. Like currently barren planets are doing extremely well as industrual centers with Domed Cities build. Thought I still miss old arcology planets. Maybe there could be an unique domed cities variant for barren planets or terraforming project for them which would give same hazard reduction effect but with different penalty? Instead of defense issues your colonists now have to deal with living in a very cramped quarters reducing grow speed/putting a hard cap on colony size/making it easier for pathers and criminals to take shelter there.

SoSD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: May 11, 2022, 06:28:03 PM »

Would be neat if the terraforming project requirements would correctly recognize existing solar reflector arrays: https://imgur.com/a/kRqzVVy

Finding a decent planet with a built-in array ought to be a good thing, after all.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: May 12, 2022, 02:33:29 PM »

Would be neat if the terraforming project requirements would correctly recognize existing solar reflector arrays: https://imgur.com/a/kRqzVVy

Finding a decent planet with a built-in array ought to be a good thing, after all.

Is that planet from a mod other than TASC? If so, I may need to add support for it before the existing reflectors will be recognized.

SoSD

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: May 12, 2022, 08:03:28 PM »

Not using Adjusted Sector at the moment, so I believe it is just a planet from the standard system generation.

I am running Lights Out, but all the moons that mod generations have an id that starts with sstc, which is not the case for the planet in question (Foundation): https://imgur.com/a/yO0fQeG

I believe this is a standard generated planet with the vanilla reflector array condition.

Garessta

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: May 13, 2022, 02:41:23 AM »

A QoL suggestion on interaction between this mod and Industrial Evolution
Kletka and Supercomputer are a match made in Hell (the last, frozen layer of it). They fit perfectly together. Could it be possible to allow Kletka to store made AI cores directly into Supercomputer's storage? Make it toggleable, ofc, maybe with some specific settings (I don't wanna my alpha AIs to get crunched when I need them for my other industries!)
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 219