Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070883 times)

Dal

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.0.2)
« Reply #1695 on: February 06, 2022, 06:22:53 PM »

Boggled, this is kind of a tangent but I've always been curious - where did you find (come up with?) the name "Kletka Simulator"? It's such an intriguing concept and I've never seen anyone else give it that or any other name.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: February 06, 2022, 06:34:00 PM »

Boggled, this is kind of a tangent but I've always been curious - where did you find (come up with?) the name "Kletka Simulator"? It's such an intriguing concept and I've never seen anyone else give it that or any other name.

Kletka means "cage" or "cell" in Russian. The Kletka Simulator is a reference to the ending of the game Prey (which I don't want to spoil in this thread).

BeauZoe

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: February 06, 2022, 08:08:59 PM »

Is there a way to increase the number of stable locations in a system, even if there already are some there? I want to build inactive gates in more places, but current stable location mechanics prevent me from doing so, and I can't use the ones that are there without going to war with the other factions when I really only want to build an off-ramp to their markets.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: February 07, 2022, 02:26:50 PM »

Is there a way to increase the number of stable locations in a system, even if there already are some there? I want to build inactive gates in more places, but current stable location mechanics prevent me from doing so, and I can't use the ones that are there without going to war with the other factions when I really only want to build an off-ramp to their markets.

No, this mod doesn't allow for adding stable locations. I don't think that would be a good feature addition because:

1. It doesn't make sense lore-wise that stable locations can be "created" - I think they're a natural feature of the system.
2. It will create an "optimal" configuration where the player simply builds all the stable location structures and doesn't have to make any real decisions.

AcaMetis

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: February 07, 2022, 02:55:33 PM »

Unless it was changed being able to add stable locations to a system is a vanilla mechanic, if you interact with a system's (primary?) star it'll give you that option. That said it is expensive to create a stable location where there isn't one, even more expensive to create a second and impossible to create a third. The text also says that the artificial stable location isn't going to last as long as a natural one, but it'll last long enough that for the player character that's an academic difference anyway.

ASSIMKO

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: February 12, 2022, 03:07:13 PM »

Where and what to disable for better compatibility with
DIY Planets ?

Onde e o que desabilitar para melhor compatibilidade com
DIY Planets?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: February 12, 2022, 03:27:21 PM »

Where and what to disable for better compatibility with
DIY Planets ?

Completely disable terraforming using the settings file.

hughesdylan

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: February 13, 2022, 11:04:00 AM »

In the newest version, is there any way of terraforming volcanic planets? Used to be a settings file item for allowing any changes I think...I couldn't find one similar with the revamp.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: February 13, 2022, 12:09:39 PM »

In the newest version, is there any way of terraforming volcanic planets? Used to be a settings file item for allowing any changes I think...I couldn't find one similar with the revamp.

No, there is no way to terraform volcanic planets in the latest version. Sorry!

gentulf

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: February 13, 2022, 01:50:13 PM »

Is it just me or are Domed Cities kinda not useful (the main legitimate combo would be with the Mesozoic Park)? Why use those when you can just use the Atmospheric Processor, click the option you want, wait and get a permanent improvement? Speaking of, it feels like atmosphere transformation is a bit too easy, maybe a design where you need to install some special items into the processor, depending on what hazard you want to get rid off, would work better? Making the items limited-use would also make the whole process feel more special and not just like some routine that I will just do on most of my colonies eventually.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: February 13, 2022, 04:22:46 PM »

Is it just me or are Domed Cities kinda not useful (the main legitimate combo would be with the Mesozoic Park)? Why use those when you can just use the Atmospheric Processor, click the option you want, wait and get a permanent improvement? Speaking of, it feels like atmosphere transformation is a bit too easy, maybe a design where you need to install some special items into the processor, depending on what hazard you want to get rid off, would work better? Making the items limited-use would also make the whole process feel more special and not just like some routine that I will just do on most of my colonies eventually.

Domed Cities work well with Mesozoic Park, and they also counteract the hazard from no atmosphere if you're using special items that require it. The "no atmosphere" special items are a reason not to terraform every single colony you acquire.

I'm considering adding the Terraforming Platform back in and making it a requirement for some of the "too easy" projects.

Farya

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: February 13, 2022, 09:58:52 PM »

Domed Cities also negate some new conditions from Unknown Skies: Dust Storms, Parasitic Spores etc. Those could be much more serious than just high hazard, so using domes could be very beneficial here, both as a permanent or temporary solutions to avoid your colony from collapsing in chaos at early stages when defence structures are not yet completed.

SpartanXZero

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: February 14, 2022, 01:57:19 AM »

Hello, I was redirected here. :)

Is there any chance you might be able to tweak stable orbit construction systems? To give them a variable construction time to
 the series of options (makeshift 7days/domain era 14/inactive gate 60 or 120)? Considering they're often tied in to a colony system as fleet assets and benefit traffic for the player to an from. I feel it's a sensible idea to give them a construction time along with the material requirements versus an instant build.

At the very least constructing an inactive gate option should have a timer to build and on par with the time it takes to build an orbital station. Instant build jump gate feels quite broken, an given the materials required. Not at all hard to pack around those requirements while roaming the fringes salvaging. Instant jump to core worlds, or nearest depot system to dump/resupply or avoid a sudden threat.

Or perhaps a way to add that in as an optional setting in the config?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: February 14, 2022, 02:32:22 PM »

Is there any chance you might be able to tweak stable orbit construction systems? To give them a variable construction time to
 the series of options (makeshift 7days/domain era 14/inactive gate 60 or 120)? Considering they're often tied in to a colony system as fleet assets and benefit traffic for the player to an from. I feel it's a sensible idea to give them a construction time along with the material requirements versus an instant build.

Stable location structures build instantly in vanilla. I'm not going to modify that.

At the very least constructing an inactive gate option should have a timer to build and on par with the time it takes to build an orbital station. Instant build jump gate feels quite broken, an given the materials required. Not at all hard to pack around those requirements while roaming the fringes salvaging. Instant jump to core worlds, or nearest depot system to dump/resupply or avoid a sudden threat.

It's true that the instant build time for gates is unrealistic, but I don't have a good sprite for a gate that's under construction so I can't implement a build time. Perhaps I could require that the player have a colony in-system in order to build one - that would seem to address the problem of using them as disposable jump points to offload salvage in the core worlds.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 219