Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070159 times)

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.0.1)
« Reply #1635 on: January 22, 2022, 04:46:12 AM »

Also, you can build stations around [REDACTED] :D On my next game, I'll try and see what happens.

Spoiler
Alpha Site
[close]

There used to be problems with NPC fleets trying to path to systems without a jump point so it might break your game.

Yup yup, that's totally what I'm expecting. But then again, I'm curious about something else. On Industrial Evolution mod, there is a special building called 'Rift Generator' or something like that. The planet itself basically warps from system to system, and leaves a hyperspace tear behind, linking the systems as it jumps around, in a way. I really don't think so, but I wonder if the AI can use these :D

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: January 22, 2022, 06:47:43 AM »

Also, you can build stations around [REDACTED] :D On my next game, I'll try and see what happens.

Spoiler
Alpha Site
[close]

There used to be problems with NPC fleets trying to path to systems without a jump point so it might break your game.

Yup yup, that's totally what I'm expecting. But then again, I'm curious about something else. On Industrial Evolution mod, there is a special building called 'Rift Generator' or something like that. The planet itself basically warps from system to system, and leaves a hyperspace tear behind, linking the systems as it jumps around, in a way. I really don't think so, but I wonder if the AI can use these :D

It would probably be best to block station construction in systems with no jump points because of the issues with AI pathing. I'll fix this in the next patch.

I absolutely love this mod.  I just wanted to share that.

Thank you! I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Uhlang

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: January 22, 2022, 08:35:34 AM »

Is it intended for desertic worlds from Unknown Skies to count as arid for terraformation purposes?

Not complaining or anything. Desertic worlds often have good metal deposits and are never habitable, so if you improve their organics deposits, you get by far the best places for mantle bore mining.
[close]

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: January 22, 2022, 08:46:27 AM »

Is it intended for desertic worlds from Unknown Skies to count as arid for terraformation purposes?

Not complaining or anything. Desertic worlds often have good metal deposits and are never habitable, so if you improve their organics deposits, you get by far the best places for mantle bore mining.
[close]

Looking at the appearance of Desertic worlds, I think Arid is probably the most appropriate designation. It seems you're correct that mantle bore mining would be good on this planet type, but I don't think it's so good that I need to take action to balance it.

Kalarima

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: January 22, 2022, 12:40:23 PM »

So is there any way to deal with extreme heat and cold condition? If not would it be possible to get setting in the config to ignore these when changing planet type?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: January 22, 2022, 12:42:28 PM »

So is there any way to deal with extreme heat and cold condition? If not would it be possible to get setting in the config to ignore these when changing planet type?

Extreme cold can be suppressed by the fusion lamp, but extreme heat can't be suppressed with this mod. You can still terraform planets with those conditions - they merely limit your options.

Kalarima

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: January 22, 2022, 12:58:56 PM »

Extreme cold can be suppressed by the fusion lamp, but extreme heat can't be suppressed with this mod. You can still terraform planets with those conditions - they merely limit your options.

Oh i see... thank you :)

Iannar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: January 23, 2022, 09:17:42 AM »

There is still bug that don't recognize dynamic ore resources setting. Mining stations always have moderate resources.

# Controls how the ore resource levels for mining stations are assigned
   # If linked to the system resource belts, the mining station ore resources will be higher if there are a lot of asteroid belts in the system
   # If boggledMiningStationLinkToResourceBelts is set to false, the ore resource amounts will be set based on boggledMiningStationStaticAmount
   # 1 = Sparse, 2 = Moderate, 3 = Abundant, 4 = Rich, 5 = Ultrarich, Any other value = set to moderate
   "boggledMiningStationLinkToResourceBelts":true,
   "boggledMiningStationStaticAmount":2,

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: January 23, 2022, 10:23:00 AM »

There is still bug that don't recognize dynamic ore resources setting. Mining stations always have moderate resources.

# If linked to the system resource belts, the mining station ore resources will be higher if there are a lot of asteroid belts in the system
   # If boggledMiningStationLinkToResourceBelts is set to false, the ore resource amounts will be set based on boggledMiningStationStaticAmount
   # 1 = Sparse, 2 = Moderate, 3 = Abundant, 4 = Rich, 5 = Ultrarich, Any other value = set to moderate

I just tested the dynamic ore setting and it worked for me. Can you show me a screenshot of your mining station construction ability tooltip when you're in the Magec system?

Iannar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: January 23, 2022, 10:57:41 AM »

The setting of this picture. I also tried "manual" option:

"boggledMiningStationLinkToResourceBelts"false,
   "boggledMiningStationStaticAmount":4,

and it was rich, like it should be.

[attachment deleted by admin]

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: January 23, 2022, 11:02:17 AM »

The setting of this picture. I also tried "manual" option:

"boggledMiningStationLinkToResourceBelts"false,
   "boggledMiningStationStaticAmount":4,

and it was rich, like it should be.

It appears your fleet is located in a system where the number of asteroid belts corresponds to moderate ore resources. Please try traveling to the Magec system where there's enough asteroid belts to provide a higher level of ore resources for your station.

Iannar

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: January 23, 2022, 11:59:44 AM »

Ok, there is no bug. I interpreted numbers:
 as numbers of belts in system corelated with resources.

This shows major problem of this mod - lack of instructions! I spent 1h of testing new terraforming system before playing, because i didn't know how it will work! Which planets could be terraformed? How terraforming planet type changes its features? Which planets could be made of this particular type of planet, and which could not? What determines the amount of the water needed for terraforming in the system? Even a little paint made graph could save a lot of questions.

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: January 23, 2022, 12:46:45 PM »

Ok, there is no bug. I interpreted numbers:
 as numbers of belts in system corelated with resources.

This shows major problem of this mod - lack of instructions! I spent 1h of testing new terraforming system before playing, because i didn't know how it will work! Which planets could be terraformed? How terraforming planet type changes its features? Which planets could be made of this particular type of planet, and which could not? What determines the amount of the water needed for terraforming in the system? Even a little paint made graph could save a lot of questions.

Be sure to review the mod features guide in the original post. The water requirements are explained there under the "Ismara's Sling/Asteroid Processing" building.

The terraforming menu (where you initiate terraforming projects at your colonies) lists all the requirements and results for each project, and even automatically highlights which requirements are currently met and which aren't!

DrTechman42

• Ensign
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: January 24, 2022, 05:45:24 AM »

Hello. May I ask for an option to toggle whether to add volatiles to a newly terraformed planet?
Had terraformed a tundra without volatiles into a terran world and the farming item stopped working due to the presence of volatiles. It would be nice if the player has an option to control this.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: January 24, 2022, 01:31:01 PM »

Wait, so how is the calculation for linked resources?

I thought it was 1 belt = Spare Ore, 2 belts = Moderate Ore, etc.?
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 219