Fractal Softworks Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Starsector 0.97a is out! (02/02/24); New blog post: Simulator Enhancements (03/13/24)

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 219

Author Topic: [0.97a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v9.0.7)  (Read 1070416 times)

Obsidian Actual

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.0.0)
« Reply #1620 on: January 13, 2022, 08:29:08 PM »

Hiya sir!

I received this error when i used the Academy to train an adminstrator with one skill.  Upon completion i see she gained hyper-cognition.

When i clicked on that admin in the manage admin screen, this happened:

Spoiler
222569 [Thread-3] ERROR com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain  - java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["adminSalaryTier3"] not found.
java.lang.RuntimeException: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["adminSalaryTier3"] not found.
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings.ô00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.settings.StarfarerSettings$1.getInt(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.api.util.Misc.getAdminSalary(Misc.java:4025)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.OooO.recreate(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.OooO.sizeChanged(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.for.setSize(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.coreui.o0o0.addItem(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.AdminPickerDialog.sizeChanged(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.for.setSize(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.Q.setSize(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.setSize(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.impl.K.sizeToInner(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.AdminPickerDialog.<init>(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.campaign.command.OutpostListPanel.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.OoO0.buttonPressed(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.Ò00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.oooO.processInput(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.ui.V.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.BaseGameState.traverse(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.state.AppDriver.begin(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.combat.CombatMain.main(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher.o00000(Unknown Source)
   at com.fs.starfarer.StarfarerLauncher$1.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)
Caused by: org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["adminSalaryTier3"] not found.
   at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:406)
   at org.json.JSONObject.getDouble(JSONObject.java:445)
[close]
Any ideas? Ty!

This looks to be a problem not with TASC, but with Industrial Evolution (by SirHartley), which adds Academies to the game.

Please refer to this post by calmatt for a possible save-edit fix.

grinningsphinx

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: January 13, 2022, 10:18:00 PM »

Can I use Asteroid Processing in an Astropolis to supply water to the planet below for the resource improvements that requires "large amounts of water"  ?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: January 14, 2022, 05:58:28 AM »

Can I use Asteroid Processing in an Astropolis to supply water to the planet below for the resource improvements that requires "large amounts of water"  ?

Yes, that would work!

SpaceDrake

• Captain
  • Piloting space mecha for fun and profit(?)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: January 14, 2022, 10:53:38 AM »

hi, what is the purpose of Astropolis Station? What should I build there?
I have one mining Station in my home system.... for mining an meanwhile with smelting stuff. Is my best moneymaker at the moment
have also some planets colonies in an other system

As a further answer to this: there are several colony items (the refinery Catalytic Core, the fuel refining Synchrotron Core) that require access to a vacuum in order to function. If you find a great system whose only "problem" is a lack of planets with the No Atmosphere condition, building a station will allow you to have a market that can utilize these items.

OOZ662

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: [0.95a] Terraforming and Station Construction (v8.0.1)
« Reply #1624 on: January 17, 2022, 08:01:53 PM »

- Fixed a bug where resource levels on Arid planets couldn't be improved via terraforming.

Does this refer to things like farmland improving when changing from Arid to another planet type, or only actions like "improve mining yields on planet"? Just curious whether my arid->terran terraforming project not improving the planet at all was due to a bug that I should look into editing the planet to fix or just a bad roll of the dice.
It is law that any specific ship you want will not be available. If it is available, it will be gone by the time you're capable of buying it.

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: January 17, 2022, 11:37:23 PM »

Hey, thanks for the mod! Stations are great, gates are great, domain-era structures are great. I'm using the other terraform mod for planets unfortunately =/

By the way, I'm using this as my CHAMELEON icon, and it looks great!
SHODAN
[close]

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: January 18, 2022, 09:55:48 AM »

- Fixed a bug where resource levels on Arid planets couldn't be improved via terraforming.

Does this refer to things like farmland improving when changing from Arid to another planet type, or only actions like "improve mining yields on planet"? Just curious whether my arid->terran terraforming project not improving the planet at all was due to a bug that I should look into editing the planet to fix or just a bad roll of the dice.

When you terraform a planet to a different planet type, it comes with a set of base resource levels for farming, organics and volatiles, regardless of what they were before. You can then improve those base levels to much higher ones.

Hey, thanks for the mod! Stations are great, gates are great, domain-era structures are great. I'm using the other terraform mod for planets unfortunately =/

SHODAN
[close]

I'm glad you like the mod!

That artwork is excellent and it's certainly appropriate for the CHAMELEON with an AI core installed. I don't want to include it with the mod though because many players will recognize SHODAN as a character from a different video game series.

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: January 18, 2022, 11:14:45 AM »

SHODAN
[close]

I'm glad you like the mod!

That artwork is excellent and it's certainly appropriate for the CHAMELEON with an AI core installed. I don't want to include it with the mod though because many players will recognize SHODAN as a character from a different video game series.
[/quote]

Oh, I forgot. I think the Remnant station is cheap. Since it is constructed in one go, it's not only cheap, but also time-efficient. I think it was also cheaper to maintain; can't remember right now. These aren't an issue on the long run, however as far as the first colony is considered, everything makes a difference. It generates Pather interest, but given how CHAMELEON removes entire pather cells with an alpha-AI core, there isn't a downside to Remnant stations.

As a side note, the Remnant station had a difficulty rating of 2* (2-stars) versus my fleet, while the high-tech battlestation (whichever is the max level) had 3* (three stars). If the station difficulty is used in any expedition 'auto-resolve' calculations, it might be worse to use Remnant stations due to this rating.

Speaking of CHAMELEON, is it possible to require one of the market conditions for it to show up? And maybe give it -4 or so pather interest without an AI core. Not a big issue though; I put CHAMELEON in all of my colonies to build freely, after a certain time (10+ cycles).

Anyway, thanks =)

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: January 18, 2022, 01:50:29 PM »

Oh, I forgot. I think the Remnant station is cheap. Since it is constructed in one go, it's not only cheap, but also time-efficient. I think it was also cheaper to maintain; can't remember right now. These aren't an issue on the long run, however as far as the first colony is considered, everything makes a difference. It generates Pather interest, but given how CHAMELEON removes entire pather cells with an alpha-AI core, there isn't a downside to Remnant stations.

As a side note, the Remnant station had a difficulty rating of 2* (2-stars) versus my fleet, while the high-tech battlestation (whichever is the max level) had 3* (three stars). If the station difficulty is used in any expedition 'auto-resolve' calculations, it might be worse to use Remnant stations due to this rating.

Speaking of CHAMELEON, is it possible to require one of the market conditions for it to show up? And maybe give it -4 or so pather interest without an AI core. Not a big issue though; I put CHAMELEON in all of my colonies to build freely, after a certain time (10+ cycles).

Anyway, thanks =)

The Remnant Station is weaker than a fully upgraded vanilla station, both in combat involving the player and damage calculations when the player is absent. This counterbalances the lower cost and faster build time.

I don't want CHAMELEON to reduce or partially eliminate Pather interest. This is partly due to complexity reasons and partly because there's issues with the Pather interest tooltip where it doesn't appear to display negative values (last I tested it).

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: January 21, 2022, 01:24:29 PM »

Hey boggled! Found a bug I think, apologizes if it was reported before (did a quick search & skim, but alas)

On a station with a lamp attached to main structure, Kletka simulator upkeep is overridden with '2x Hot'.

Yunru

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: January 21, 2022, 03:56:45 PM »

Hey boggled! Found a bug I think, apologizes if it was reported before (did a quick search & skim, but alas)

On a station with a lamp attached to main structure, Kletka simulator upkeep is overridden with '2x Hot'.
You added a sun to your planet, and are confused why you industry that likes it to be cold isn't performing as well?

boggled

• Admiral
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: January 21, 2022, 05:19:27 PM »

You added a sun to your planet, and are confused why you industry that likes it to be cold isn't performing as well?

Iyravega did actually find a bug! Kletka Simulators should always have the "8x Station" upkeep multiplier on stations, but if you install a Fusion Lamp on a station market, the Kletka Simulator will only have the "2x Hot" upkeep multiplier, when it should still have the "8x Station" upkeep multiplier. I know what's causing this and it will be fixed in the next patch. Thanks for the report!

lyravega

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: January 21, 2022, 07:04:52 PM »

Also, you can build stations around [REDACTED] :D On my next game, I'll try and see what happens.

Spoiler
Alpha Site
[close]

Nox

• Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: January 21, 2022, 09:09:56 PM »

I absolutely love this mod.  I just wanted to share that.
--
No good deed goes unpunished.

Jade Tendency

• Lieutenant
  • Fourth Olympus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: January 22, 2022, 03:49:06 AM »

Also, you can build stations around [REDACTED] :D On my next game, I'll try and see what happens.

Spoiler
Alpha Site
[close]

There used to be problems with NPC fleets trying to path to systems without a jump point so it might break your game.
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110 111 ... 219